Thread: Anyone know the extent and specifics of Jermaine O'Neal's knee injury?

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Anyone know the extent and specifics of Jermaine O'Neal's knee injury?

Anyone know the extent and specifics of Jermaine O'Neal's knee injury?

All I've read is a slight tear in a ligament in his knee.

I want specifics, damnit!

ACL? PCL? FCL? MCL? or any other information?

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: Anyone know the extent and specifics of Jermaine O'Neal's knee injury?

well I would say it's not major but , 4 to 6 months to heal isn't good ethier ...but maybe he was just overstating it alittle , I am sure he has been confering with a doctor all this time I would assume.

I think he suffered the tear awhile back , he also has a deep bone bruise , which those can take awhile to heal also.

about all that's been said is this

A partially torn ligament in his left knee probably will keep Pacers' forward Jermaine O'Neal from participating in the Summer Olympics in Athens.

Shortly after the Pacers bowed out of the Eastern Conference finals with a 69-65 loss to Detroit in Game 6, O'Neal said his knee "will take four to six months to heal."

Default Re: Anyone know the extent and specifics of Jermaine O'Neal's knee injury?

I don't know anything more than what has been said here, except that it will take 4-6 months to heal.

The knee was getting worse by the game, not sure he could have played in the Finals, and for his long term health, maybe it is good the pacers lost

Mood

yeah , maybe it was a blessing we lost . I got the impression though JO probably wouldn't have been able to play in a game 7 if we won last night and defintely not in the Finals.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

I'm in the Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm???? mode right now.

He's always exaggerated his owies a bit and I'm wondering if this doesn't give him a handy excuse to beg off the Olympic team. He definately needs the rest after 2-3 years of representing the good ol' USA. Tme to take time off, injured or not.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

If he was gonna exaggerate he could have not played games 4 , 5 and 6

you dont drain fuild from a knee 3-4 times in one day and it not be serious.

There is a Rick Carlisle show tonight, so I'm guessing you can tune in and find out the answer......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

He's always exaggerated his owies a bit and I'm wondering if this doesn't give him a handy excuse to beg off the Olympic team. He definately needs the rest after 2-3 years of representing the good ol' USA. Tme to take time off, injured or not.
    Until this injury, I'd agree with you. But knees aren't supposed to bend backward. It looked like a MAJOR injury when it occurred and I was surprised he was able to play. I just hope he didn't make it a lot worse.

6 mths isn't good as that runs into next season! Lets hope he's exaggerating on the time to recouperate!

Water

There is a Rick Carlisle show tonight, so I'm guessing you can tune in and find out the answer......

Good that gives me something to look forward to

sc

Since the joint is being drained their most be some sort of bone bruise, that would make the joint swell, torn ligaments would not have the same effect.

4-6 months to heal is a long time. Unless he means 4-6 total rehab time which makes sense.

Mood

Magicrat has all the answers , I just wish he would grace us with his brillance more often :P

sweabs

Until this injury, I'd agree with you. But knees aren't supposed to bend backward. It looked like a MAJOR injury when it occurred and I was surprised he was able to play. I just hope he didn't make it a lot worse.

6 mths isn't good as that runs into next season! Lets hope he's exaggerating on the time to recouperate!

Water
    I'm an avid volleyball player among other things, and granted, this is only a finger...but I hyper-extended it by going up for a block. The ball hit my finger hard as I went for the block and bent it all the way backwards so that it stayed in that position. I looked at the thing and it was bent backwards - stuck like that so obviously I was in a little shock - but I would say within 3 weeks it was back to almost 100%.

I guess what I'm saying is that Jermaine's injury could have been a lot worse I think...but since it is the leg, it is more threatening than just a piddly finger . Either way, I think he will be back in time for next season.

I have also hyper-extended my elbow playing soccer, exactly what happened to Jermaine's leg except this was my elbow....just went backwards. Popped a sac in the elbow and bruised the bone and the pain there went away after about a month.

Unfortuantely, it sounds as though Jermaine tore something from the initial post in this thread - so that makes the healing process a lot longer if it is true.