Thread: Tinsley out until at least after All-Star break

Default Tinsley out until at least after All-Star break

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS04/802100405
    Mike Wells
    Indystar.com

Indiana Pacers point guard Jamaal Tinsley said his sore left knee will cause him to be out until at least after the All-Star break.

"They saw some inflammation in (the knee)," Tinsley said about the MRI performed Friday. "It's something they say will have me out a couple of more games, hopefully until right after the All-Star break, but I really don't know right now."
    The Pacers have two more games -- Tuesday against Boston and Wednesday at Detroit -- before having a week between games because of the break.
    Tinsley, who started the season thriving under coach Jim O'Brien, has missed five of the past eight games and 11 of the past 21 games.
    "It's something I can't control," Tinsley said. "I was playing really good then (the injury) happened.
    "Maybe I should have sat down instead of trying to play through it."
    Tinsley, who is averaging 11.9 points and a team-high 8.4 assists, will join Jermaine O'Neal as the second Pacers' starter on the sidelines with an injury. O'Neal is out indefinitely with a left knee problem.
    When asked why he didn't sit out earlier, Tinsley said: "Because I consider myself a tough player that tries to fight through things. It set me back a little bit. It's all for the team.
    "But it's something you can't control. Me getting hurt, a little nagging injury, playing on it instead of sitting out. It set me back."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tinsley out until at least after All-Star break

If our trainers and doctors keep letting our players come back prematurely, they should be fired.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe one day we won't have to put up with our best players sitting the bench 2/3's of the season.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Is there something we're doing as a team to have all these knee injury problems? Bender, Jamaal, Marquis, JO in the last few years. Maybe they need to rubberize the practice floor at Conseco to give them a little more bounce or something.

Seriously, though, I don't blame Jamaal for this, and we really, really need to look at our training staff, and figure out why it is that our players get injured so frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously, though, I don't blame Jamaal for this, and we really, really need to look at our training staff, and figure out why it is that our players get injured so frequently.
    And it's the same types of injuries, that's what's weird to me.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Good.

Let's keep this Diener-mobile on the road.

I think what happens is when they enter Donny Walsh's office, he makes the players get down on one knee & kiss his..... ring(?).

You do that a couple times a weeks for a few years & your knees will be shot too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    I think what happens is when they enter Donny Walsh's office, he makes the players get down on one knee & kiss his..... ring(?).

You do that a couple times a weeks for a few years & your knees will be shot too.
    LOL, I'm picturing Donnie as the Godfather..."The Don."

Paging MagicRat...

They are talking about next years All-Star break right? Please?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Or knee injury equals excuse for coach to not play you. Remember that JOB never suspended Tins a few weeks ago, it was just some elaborate lie by Jackson to ruin the Pacers because that's all he's got going in his life right now, whereas every single word out of TPTB has been totally honest and forthcoming.

Maybe plenty of the injuries are legit, but it's hard not to wonder if the total games missed isn't being supplemented by other reasons in pseudonym.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Or knee injury equals excuse for coach to not play you. Remember that JOB never suspended Tins a few weeks ago, it was just some elaborate lie by Jackson to ruin the Pacers because that's all he's got going in his life right now, whereas every single word out of TPTB has been totally honest and forthcoming.

Maybe plenty of the injuries are legit, but it's hard not to wonder if the total games missed isn't being supplemented by other reasons in pseudonym.
    That's too for my tastes. It's been too many games for a player that good to be held out for that reason. He's got to be hurting.

It's convienent that the 2 players that were most likely to be traded are injured and not due back until AFTER the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Maybe one day we won't have to put up with our best players sitting the bench 2/3's of the season.
    I agree, but to go one further, Maybe one day we won't have to put up with Jamaal Tinsley in a Pacer's uniform...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    It's convienent that the 2 players that were most likely to be traded are injured and not due back until AFTER the trade deadline.
    I like where you are headed with that one Sir...
    Roy Hibbert.... It's the POWER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Good.

Let's keep this Diener-mobile on the road.
    He made some real nifty passes last game. If only he would really attack the basket and not always kick it back out, maybe, just maybe, he could turn into a poor man's Steve Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    That's too for my tastes. It's been too many games for a player that good to be held out for that reason. He's got to be hurting.
    Um... actually I think he is on to something. I don't think that Jamaal is suspended per say and I am not sure it is the Pacers doing all of this either.

Does the phrase sinuspoutitus ring a bell? I'm not saying Jamaal is doggin it here but let's be honest between the front office not telling the truth and Jamaal's history of um, well to be kind, developing a new form of illness whenever things weren't going his way. I don't see how anybody can be blamed for believing any kind of conspirocy theory here.

life after JO and tinsley is going to not be as rosey as we all think it is. Remember how bad you wanted ron artest gone? remember how bad you wanted stephen jackson and harrington gone? I mean they only went out and made the playoffs in the western conf. while we sucked the rest of the season.
    I hope tins can come back healthy because he was on his path to being an all star before he got hurt.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

I am enjpoying watching Diener run the team. Sure he is completely over-matched against a lot of point guards, but the way he tries to play and the leadership he tries to exhort is perfect.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I am enjpoying watching Diener run the team. Sure he is completely over-matched against a lot of point guards, but the way he tries to play and the leadership he tries to exhort is perfect.
    Absolutely how I feel. At least he LOOKS to be interested and in tune with the game. And JT isn't the only one I paint with that brush.

In fairness tho...JT has looked very much the teammate while sitting on the bench. Many times I've been impressed with how he was up applauding and cheering his team on.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I'm not a fan of his play any more than the next guy... but JT sure looked injured to me the last game he played.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    life after JO and tinsley is going to not be as rosey as we all think it is. Remember how bad you wanted ron artest gone? remember how bad you wanted stephen jackson and harrington gone? I mean they only went out and made the playoffs in the western conf. while we sucked the rest of the season.
    I hope tins can come back healthy because he was on his path to being an all star before he got hurt.
    The problem was we didn't move them all sooner so we could get PAST this sucky stretch more quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Um... actually I think he is on to something. I don't think that Jamaal is suspended per say and I am not sure it is the Pacers doing all of this either.

Does the phrase sinuspoutitus ring a bell? I'm not saying Jamaal is doggin it here but let's be honest between the front office not telling the truth and Jamaal's history of um, well to be kind, developing a new form of illness whenever things weren't going his way. I don't see how anybody can be blamed for believing any kind of conspirocy theory here.
    So you didn't see him dragging that leg around and grimacing when he tried to sprint out on the break during the Orlando and San Antonio games? I may need to send you over a new pair of spectacles......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    And life with JO and Tinsley isn't as rosey as you try to paint.

We already have life without them because they NEVER PLAY. If they are traded atleast there will bodies to fill the uniforms.