Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Um, Postgame? Pacers win?

Default Um, Postgame? Pacers win?

Nobody else seems to be doing it. I came home right after the buzzer sounded, so I missed the whole game. Box is interesting.... lots of guys with good lines.

Thoughts?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Um, Postgame? Pacers win?

good game..

i wanted them to lose though..

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i wanted them to lose though..
    You're rooting for your team to lose in February? I'd much rather that our young guys learn how to win than learn how to lose.

I will say (for Peck's benefit) that while I didn't see the game, Troy's line looks pretty good. Rebounded well, shot a few, didn't get blocked or turn it over much, and only took one three. If he can do that every night (and play decent D) then I'll be a fan.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I don't see anything coming from this team to want them to win. Danny Granger and Shawne Williams are not franchise caliber players. We need a lottery pick because of salary cap reasons to grab a player that can be a franchise player. Right now, I'm tired of rooting for the Pacers to be a 500. ball team.

Other then that, 29 by Granger looked good.

Did Dunleavy get hurt? Why did he play so little???

Enjoyable win! There were actually some periods of surprisingly good defensive intensity. I'm really starting to like Diener but he's obviously more suited to a backup role. His D leaves much to be desired.

Any news on Duneavy's injury? Quis has had a couple solid games in a row. Can he put enough consistency health together to help us?

I'd love to have our team w/ Jarret Jack at the point.

sweabs

Diener was having a lot of fun out there tonight.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    Bruised knee. Left in 1st. Came back in 2nd to play a few minutes before leaving for good.

We were supposed to win this game since Roy was out. I'm glad they did.

If Granger scores 29 when Dun misses 3/4 of the game and leads the Pacers to a win, why shouldn't he be considered the Pacers future franchise player?
    Last edited by MyFavMartin; 02-09-2008 at 10:57 PM.

streets ahead

apparently thats the first double-double of rush's career.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post

Dunleavy played in the 1st and did get injured. I didn't see it happen so I don't whether he left in the 1st never to return or just didn't play after the half.

They called it a bruised knee on the telecast. I hope he doesn't go to Marvin's doctor....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Dunleavy played in the 1st and did get injured. I didn't see it happen so I don't whether he left in the 1st never to return or just didn't play after the half.

They called it a bruised knee on the telecast. I hope he doesn't go to Marvin's doctor....

-Bball

Came back in for awhile in the 2nd period.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

we want to lose! so we can draft! because the draft is guaranteed to make us win the NBA finals in a few years! why develope whatever talent we have now? USELESS! lets wait and draft an amazing college player! because we all know how effective they are guaranteed to be in this league! granger sucks...dunleavy sucks...shawne williams sucks ...diener sucks...kareem rush sucks...we have ZERO POTENTIAL...WE NEED TO LOSE EVERY GAME FROM HERE ON OUT SO WE CAN GET AN AWESOME FUTURE SUPERSTAR IN THE DRAFT! how can we go wrong with drafting in the top 10!? WE CAN'T! then we need to go 0-82 so we can get the # 1 pick the next season and REALLY BE AWESOME...that way 2 extremely high draft picks will equal a 50 win season and take us deep into the playoffs past the pistons and celtics...
    FINALS in 20010!? I HEAR IT! once we finally get rid of that overpaid horrible player jermaine o'neal...god i'll take jerome james over that guy. And tinsley? send that clown to the dleague cause he sucks!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

sweabs

Good post.

I enjoy the Pacers far more, win or lose, without JO or JT playing.

I like the effort much better. We still have some holes but I thought we were better defensively on the wings this evening. We did bail them out a few times by fouling on a bad or rushed shot after playing good defense for much of the shot clock though.

Williams seems like he's lost some confidence. His game seems uncertain and tentative.

My only concern with Daniels is his knee problems. He played pretty well tonight but I wonder if he can sustain that?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

[quote=Bball;654321]I enjoy the Pacers far more, win or lose, without JO or JT playing. quote]

Couldn't agree more.

Quote from BBall:
    I enjoy the Pacers far more, win or lose, without JO or JT playing.
    I couldn't agree with you more! I was telling the wife tonight that win or lose, I enjoy watching this team play!!

And Diener was a little waterbug! Great ball movement and some great assists!!

Also, they said Mike was held out for precautionary reasons. It looked like he twisted his ankle on one of the Blazer's ankles when he came down. MD was playing some good ball at the time too.

Loved the game!! Pretty darned near picked the score also!!
    Last edited by indyblue47; 02-09-2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: spelling problems

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    we want to lose! so we can draft! because the draft is guaranteed to make us win the NBA finals in a few years! why develope whatever talent we have now? USELESS! lets wait and draft an amazing college player! because we all know how effective they are guaranteed to be in this league! granger sucks...dunleavy sucks...shawne williams sucks ...diener sucks...kareem rush sucks...we have ZERO POTENTIAL...WE NEED TO LOSE EVERY GAME FROM HERE ON OUT SO WE CAN GET AN AWESOME FUTURE SUPERSTAR IN THE DRAFT! how can we go wrong with drafting in the top 10!? WE CAN'T! then we need to go 0-82 so we can get the # 1 pick the next season and REALLY BE AWESOME...that way 2 extremely high draft picks will equal a 50 win season and take us deep into the playoffs past the pistons and celtics...
    FINALS in 20010!? I HEAR IT! once we finally get rid of that overpaid horrible player jermaine o'neal...god i'll take jerome james over that guy. And tinsley? send that clown to the dleague cause he sucks!
    Beautiful satire.

I hope.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Williams seems like he's lost some confidence. His game seems uncertain and tentative.
    Shawne just needs to got himself some vitamin F after the game tonight.

I was at the game and I thought it had crappy pace. I'm glad we won (on the face of it), but I wasn't very entertained. Good Lord even by our standards it seemed like we took a TON of 3PA's.

dare i ask what vitamin F is? LOL
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

If we win vs boston and detroit (or any of those for that matter) I will be feeling extremely positive on the outlook of the 2nd half of the season. Imagine that? taking a 4 game winning streak into the all star break?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    dare i ask what vitamin F is? LOL
    It's legal....and free, mostly, particularly if you're an NBA stud.

Ask Wilt. He's the expert.

33 f***'n 3 point attempts!

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I was at the game and I thought it had crappy pace. I'm glad we won (on the face of it), but I wasn't very entertained. Good Lord even by our standards it seemed like we took a TON of 3PA's.
    I don't like all the 3's either... but I'm afraid more than anything you can look to OBrien about that. I still think not only do we shoot too many, but we take some 'bad' ones when we should be setting the offense and looking for a better shot.

I doubt our decision making process is exactly where OBrien wants it, but I have a feeling even if the players were making every offensive decision properly, there'd still be too many 3's for my taste.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Eddie F. Rush irks me every time he calls a Pacers game. On a positive note, I sat about 8 rows from the floor (1st time that low), and I saw Stacy Paetz in person for the first time. She is so very precious and lovely. TV does not do her justice. Also, D-Harrison lost the ball out of bounds, about 30 seconds before halftime, and he pounded the table where the newspaper/internet guys were sitting so hard, he repositioned a couple of their computers, and they just kind of threw their hands up and shook their heads. David scares me, because I don't know if he'd be able to stop himself if he gets angry enough. Hey, I just figured out why they call him HULK!