Thread: MIA gets their post threat

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default MIA gets their post threat

Anybody think there's the potential that NY and Miami might pull a trade involving Randolph and Marion? When can Marion next be traded?

Do you think the Pacers would get involved in this trade to dump Murphy, if it meant trading JO and picking up Randolph and draft picks?

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: MIA gets their post threat

MIA will still be significantly under the cap this summer if they allow Davis and Williams to walk.

Brand might opt out.

Jamison is a FA.

Any other bigs out there that will be FAs this summer?

Teams that will have significant cap space? Miami, Golden State, Philly... Others?

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody think there's the potential that NY and Miami might pull a trade involving Randolph and Marion? When can Marion next be traded?

Do you think the Pacers would get involved in this trade to dump Murphy, if it meant trading JO and picking up Randolph and draft picks?
    From what I understand, he can be traded immediately, but cannot be packaged with any other player.
    Half of the time we're gone, but we don't know where.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

MIA will still be significantly under the cap this summer if they allow Davis and Williams to walk.
    i'm not sure about that. wade, marion, blount, haslem, and banks would all still be on the books. that's nearly $50m in guaranteed contracts. i would guess that at best miami would have $8m cap space. not enough for brand or okafor, not even sure if it's enough for tawn.

Teams that will have significant cap space? Miami, Golden State, Philly... Others?
    memphis, thanks to the gasol salary dump golden state, philly, and atlanta all have potential cap space, but they also have their own free agents to sign.

if you're shopping for a guard, the coming summer seems to be a good time to have cap space, considering that guys like jose calderon, ben gordon, and monta ellis are possibly available as well as the relative lack of competition.

for example, if we trade j.o. and tinsley to miami for davis, williams, and blount and their 1st rounder, we would have enough cap money to make a free agent run at calderon.

of course, with the heat's record so bad, it seems doubtful that a) they'd want to load up on vets to "win now", nor b) that they'd want to give up their 2008 pick. but you got to admit, on paper a tinsley-wade-marion-haslem-j.o. lineup looks pretty good for next season.