Thread: MY WISH!

Default MY WISH!

FIRE:
    Larry Bird
    JOB

HIRE
    Reggie Miller-GM
    Larry Brown-coach

At some point the Simons have to realize Bird is killing their franchise. I wish Bord had the same thoughts as being a GM as a coach....no more than 3 years in the position

DONT KILL ME ON THIS POST....its more for entertainment!

Sports Logo

Default Re: MY WISH!

Wow....Reggie for GM? Best case scenario....I can see him as a coach....but that's really stretching it.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow....Reggie for GM? Best case scenario....I can see him as a coach....but that's really stretching it.

Well.....I would take him over Bird ANYDAY!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Larry Brown = Hell no

Larry Bird being fired = Way too early
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I could see a new GM & coach but we really need to nuke this roster.

I think he should be killed on this post.

Something I never want to see again:
    GM by committee.

No 'apprentice', no 'underling', no anything but a clear, single voice heading the franchise. What a TERRIBLE idea of having anything past a 1 year transition period for Bird.

I have no idea what Bird is or is not responsible for. I'm fine with firing the whole lot of them at this point.

How Walsh keeps getting a pass is something I'll never know. At best, he's either stayed on the payroll and watched Bird torpedo this team and not said a word, or he's been as active or moreso in the mistakes of the past several years as Bird.

Fire them both, fine... But let's quit solely pinning the blame on Bird.

Do other teams have a two-headed monster running things? Let's cut out the fat, let one voice have a chance to run this franchise properly, and just move on and quit holding onto the past.

I wish we had someone with a true vision and energy running this team... and I've not seen any glimpse of us having that. And it's killing this franchise and the fanbase.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

What has Reggie done that would indicate that he'd be a good GM?

Quote Originally Posted by efx View Post
    What has Reggie done that would indicate that he'd be a good GM?

About the same as Bird. Nope better, he hasnt even made stupid moves yet.

The best way for Reggie to tarnish his legacy is to take a front office/ coach position with the Pacers. He's better suited for mediocre sideline commentary, making movies, and smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    You just made my point for me.

my wish = oj mayo

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Larry Bird being fired = Way too early
    OK, we'll wait until after noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    How Walsh keeps getting a pass is something I'll never know. At best, he's either stayed on the payroll and watched Bird torpedo this team and not said a word, or he's been as active or moreso in the mistakes of the past several years as Bird.

For one, we don't know that there's a two-headed monster at the helm. It has been speculated, but I believe Donnie has turned everything over to Larry. And if he has done so, it wouldn't be fair to L-Bird for Donnie to be peering over his shoulder, waiting for him to mess up. If he turned it over to Larry, then he turned it over to Larry, sink or swim. Not fair to Donnie to dump on him for Larry's moves. Donnie brought in Larry so that he could step aside, and it appears he's done that.

What had Walsh done before we hired him to show he'd be a good GM?

Banned

I don't think "Stupid Moves" is Bird's problem. His biggest problem is LACK of moves. I'd be happy if he'd make a few Stupid Moves because at least he'd be doing SOMETHING.

They've been so conservative and timid in the way they've run the Pacers for the past few years...really since the brawl. They need to grow some nuts and do something BOLD!! Because really, they are sitting on a very bad team as it stands now.

In another thread I listed the "bad" NBA teams records since Christmas. Of all the "bad" teams, only Miami has performed worse since Christmas, and Miami just made a BOLD move. For the past three years the Pacers have carefully and conservatively maneuvered themselves into the cellar of the NBA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    What had Walsh done before we hired him to show he'd be a good GM?
    Who says Walsh is a good GM. Haven't the past 4 seasons tarnished his reputation? Or will he forever get a pass because he guided the Pacers into being a pretty good team a decade ago?

Maybe he just lucked into some good deals back in the day. If you remember honestly, all his deals and draft picks were NOT successful. If he was so good at the GM business, why has he performed so pitifully the past 4 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybegood View Post
    For one, we don't know that there's a two-headed monster at the helm. It has been speculated, but I believe Donnie has turned everything over to Larry. And if he has done so, it wouldn't be fair to L-Bird for Donnie to be peering over his shoulder, waiting for him to mess up. If he turned it over to Larry, then he turned it over to Larry, sink or swim. Not fair to Donnie to dump on him for Larry's moves. Donnie brought in Larry so that he could step aside, and it appears he's done that.
    If Donnie has turned everything over to Larry, then what is Donnie still doing here?

Besides that fundamental question, It's been revealed that Donnie has been involved plenty with moves we've made all the way thru last season. SUPPOSEDLY, this season it's Larry's team to run.... Altho we've been told that before only to have something happen and then learn later that Walsh was still doing the heavy lifting.

So if this really is Larry's first year at the helm, it's not fair to be dumping all of this on him. But then that begs the question, WTF has Larry actually been doing these past 4 years if only now it's become his team? ...And then we still have to go back to- WTF is Walsh still on the payroll for IF the team has been turned over to Larry?

The spectre of the two-headed monster will remain as long as both of those guys are still on the payroll. And worse, if the management style doesn't change at all then we're going to be left to wonder if Bird is doing anything other than playing puppet to the Simons with someone else (is Morway still on the payroll?) actually doing the work and making the real calls.

I'm unconvinced Larry's been anything other than the 3rd member or the Boomer, Bowser, and Bird mascot team. At best he's only had the power to suggest these past few years. Walsh always held the veto pen... and probably still does.

And that doesn't really excuse Bird at this point... it just makes him an accomplice.

Fire them all...

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

At some point the Simons have to realize Bird is killing their franchise. I wish Bord had the same thoughts as being a GM as a coach....no more than 3 years in the position

DONT KILL ME ON THIS POST....its more for entertainment!
    Considering that Walsh has been on record to saying that he's been in charge up until this year, I think this thread is just pure entertainment.

Fire a guy for the job done, which he didn't do? That's good.

I wish I was a little bit taller...Wish I was a baller...Wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Considering that Walsh has been on record to saying that he's been in charge up until this year, I think this thread is just pure entertainment.

Fire a guy for the job done, which he didn't do? That's good.

So you believe everything that comes out of their mouth? you think LB was just sitting there watching Walsh push papers and talk on the phone and observing everything he did? You dont think Bird had ANYTHING to do with the 8 player deal? The deal that we sent our #1 to Atlanta for Al? You dont think Bird had anything to do with trading Croshere for Danieles? Which the Pacers are on the hook with him for one more year @ 6.8m.

I find it real hard to believe Bird didnt have any input on the trades the Pacers have made. Sarunis (sp) was Birds call...he didnt work out. He was the one who scouted him and said he could play in the NBA at a high level.

I would give him credit for getting rid of Thomas as soon as he was brought into mgmt. That was a good move.

The Carlisle hiring was good, and I still believe to this day....if there was no brawl in Detroit the Pacers would of been NBA Champs that year. Artest was going to have a great season. But, we all know how that went and I dont blame Bird for that, or Carlisle. It jsut snow balled after the BRAWL.

It jsut snow balled after the BRAWL.

Hmmm so it snowBRAWLED!

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Hmmm so it snowBRAWLED!

-Bball

LMFAO!

No, but I believe Walsh was the boss. If I do what my boss tells me to do, I shouldn't be held responsible for it, unless it was illegal and I knew it obviously.

He's your BOSS for a reason. He's paid to make the decisions, not you. It's his choice, his reputation on the line.

I shouldn't be punished for doing what my boss told me to do. That's not my position.

Do I think Larry and input? Yes, I do. But neither you nor I know how much, or what his advice was. Donnie could go against what he said and LB would still have to toe the company line.