Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everything old is new again...or Artest Saga, part 3297.6

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Everything old is new again...or Artest Saga, part 3297.6

And so it continues. Artest isn't happy with a team that isn't winning as often as he would like:

"I just think they (the Kings) would be better if I wasn't on the team," Artest told The Bee at Monday's practice. "I think (Kings coach Reggie Theus) would be doing much better."
    http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/687685.html

More...

Artest has expressed his belief that the Kings don't appear interested in signing him for the long term. The Kings, meanwhile, have had recent conversations with Denver regarding Artest, but they might let the situation unfold with the hope that offers improve as teams around the league grow more desperate closer to the deadline. If Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie isn't offered a package he deems suitable – one likely including a combination of expiring contracts, draft picks and young talent – then he might let the deadline come and go with Artest remaining on the roster.

Asked why he thinks the Kings are better without him, Artest said he just doesn't fit.

"I don't know, just personnel; just personnel," he said. "It'd be better if I wasn't on the team."
    And the cincher:

"Five hundred (stinks)," he said to a group of media after practice. "It ain't no big deal, man. I think coach wants to get to .500. Last year, (former coach Eric) Musselman was wanting to get to .500. If I'm going to be .500 for my career, I don't even want to play in the NBA."
    I was tempted to end with "Welcome to my nightmare" but you guys have already been there...

NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Everything old is new again...or Artest Saga, part 3297.6

Good, he just made it easier for you guys to dump his psycho ***.

Ron, you don't fit ANYWHERE, you nut bar.

Hey VF I have a question for you.

I don't keep up on the kings boards or anything but do you have an army of Ron apologist who are defending him to the bitter end like we did? Or were you guys warned enough in advance for everybody to take a step back and be objective about it?

The guy really is "the one true ring" Ultimate basketball power yet he corrupts his teams completely.

[yt]RtOGXB4l0rs[/yt]
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

sweabs

"In my world, no guidelines."

Lyrical genius.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

BOOM

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

lmao..."I admit i used to smoke before games" "Half time hit the liqour store" LOLLLLLLLLL
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Before you get an answer Peck I'll take a guess at it and assume that Ron has less support there because he wasn't an AS, DPOY on an ECF team, the only Indy team to win 60 games. That IS a big deal even if he is a nutbar.

Sacto has mostly just had the nutbar half of the equation so fans there probably aren't interested in supporting him so much.

Meanwhile his words sound so familiar. See, he's not running into the stands "again" because that was a very unique situation. This crap OTOH is pretty standard from him.

Quote Originally Posted by VF21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And so it continues. Artest isn't happy with a team that isn't winning as often as he would like:

"I just think they (the Kings) would be better if I wasn't on the team," Artest told The Bee at Monday's practice. "I think (Kings coach Reggie Theus) would be doing much better."
    No! What you are talking about!?
    In countrary - he loves Kings, he wants to stay and he wants to get a ring for the Sacramento!
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

For some reason, kid, everybody hatin' me...I don't why these cats keep hatin' me.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Before you get an answer Peck I'll take a guess at it and assume that Ron has less support there because he wasn't an AS, DPOY on an ECF team, the only Indy team to win 60 games. That IS a big deal even if he is a nutbar.

Sacto has mostly just had the nutbar half of the equation so fans there probably aren't interested in supporting him so much.

Meanwhile his words sound so familiar. See, he's not running into the stands "again" because that was a very unique situation. This crap OTOH is pretty standard from him.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. The Pacers were (seemingly) so tantalizingly close to a ring with Artest (seemingly) being a key component. Other than an interesting playoff series with San Antonio, the Kings haven't seen a lot of sunshine.

I don't think Ron's done the crazy quite the way he did here, but I also don't think he's been the player he was here, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Hey VF I have a question for you.

I don't keep up on the kings boards or anything but do you have an army of Ron apologist who are defending him to the bitter end like we did? Or were you guys warned enough in advance for everybody to take a step back and be objective about it?

The guy really is "the one true ring" Ultimate basketball power yet he corrupts his teams completely.
    yes we do and the army is pretty much the copy and paste from this board some 2-3 years ago.

Currently the top excuses are:

He has been model citizen so far

He has learned from his mistakes

He plays hard every night

Everybody deserves a second chance

He is a good person (my favorite)

----------------------------------------------------------

sounds too familiar - doesn't it ?
    Last edited by piksi; 02-19-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    Vulpes pilum mutat, non mores!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Good, he just made it easier for you guys to dump his psycho ***.

Ron, you don't fit ANYWHERE, you nut bar.
    to dump him - we have to either let him walk or find someone as retarded as You guys did to take him.

Quote Originally Posted by DeS View Post
    No! What you are talking about!?
    In countrary - he loves Kings, he wants to stay and he wants to get a ring for the Sacramento!
    Don't worry though, he'll buy back all your jerseys and make sure his family lives there so you can see him at random times years after he's traded.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    Don't worry though, he'll buy back all your jerseys and make sure his family lives there so you can see him at random times years after he's traded.
    Ron went out of his way to buy back the two jerseys I own.

BTW, it was only a matter of time.
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 02-19-2008 at 07:22 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I loved the toughness he brought every night, he was a complete player both ends.... but in reality he was the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by piksi View Post
    to dump him - we have to either let him walk or find someone as retarded as You guys did to take him.
    Either is a good option.

I admit it. I was sold on this guy at one point.

I loved the toughness... the fearlessness. The ability to change the game.

Be he's just ridiculous. You start to see how high a cost the team pays for his contribution.

Actually there are some pretty good teams which wants Artest very much. The fans and players, at least. I've got the feel that everyone (who doesn't know him) thinks that the Artest is their defence savior and ready to close eyes at anything he's known for.
    And just because they (team managers) know that it could result only in a rental for this season, Kings are not getting very valuable propositions (who wants to give up long term projects for a couple of months).

Btw, in the case someone misunderstood me, i was sarcastic in my previous post: After saying that Kings would be better without him, the other day he says that he loves his teams and even wants to get championship ring for Sacramento (sorry couldn't find a link quickly for a citation). And i'm no hater at all. I just find it very Artestic and funny
    Last edited by DeS; 02-20-2008 at 11:42 AM.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

My only problem with the Ron image is that he is somehow evil or mean spirited.

He's not, he's just weird to the point of disruption, and it's not faked like Rodman's was. Loose cannon is the best term, and that doesn't mean he might fight someone at any moment. That means he might come off the floor, buy a soda, sit down and run the scoreboard and then finish off the drink as he comes back on the court to make a steal 3 minutes later.

You know, not scary stuff but rather WTF was that kind of stuff.

But you know what, he was bad *** with the Pacers. Remember when he turned back up court with his arm up signaling that Reggie's shot was going to be good...and then it was while he wasn't even watching. Sorry, but that's freaking cool to this day. Just like him making Pierce wilt was too.

There was a lot of good Ron that we got, and that's why we waited out so much of the goofball stuff.

Oh, we'll trade back for him. Let's see, you guys sent us who....??

Oh, Peja. But we turned him into Al.
    Wait, no Al. We turned him into Murphy.

Okay then, deal, you give us Ron and his expiring and you take on Troy till about the year the NBA folds. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...won't get fooled again. It's a long deal is what I'm saying.

I'll drive out there and pick up Ron myself, spend an entire cross country drive right out of Something About Mary crossed with PT&Auto...

RR - "See, the NBA should go to 40 minute games, get to the best action quicker."

NS - "Yeah, but couldn't you just have 38 minute games instead if you're doing that?"

RR - "40 minute games, that's the thing, not 38 minute games, that doesn't make any sense. 40 days of Moses, walking in the sand, 40 trombones lead the marching band."

NS - "I think it was 76 trombones..."

RR - "I have 8 heads in this duffel bag."

Oh Ron Ron, what can't you crazy up?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    My only problem with the Ron image is that he is somehow evil or mean spirited.

He's not, he's just weird to the point of disruption, and it's not faked like Rodman's was. Loose cannon is the best term, and that doesn't mean he might fight someone at any moment. That means he might come off the floor, buy a soda, sit down and run the scoreboard and then finish off the drink as he comes back on the court to make a steal 3 minutes later.

You know, not scary stuff but rather WTF was that kind of stuff.
    Good post...I had a good chuckle reading that.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Ron Artest was cool in the game against the hawks. Showing his biceps to the fans

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/757458.html

Kings coach Reggie Theus fined small forward Ron Artest $5,000 for comments he made after Sunday's win over Miami, according to a source close to the team.
    On Sunday, Artest questioned Theus for how he coached the Kings' loss at Miami last Tuesday, wondered if the coaching staff shared his desire to make the playoffs.
    Theus declined to discuss the fine, but said making comments in the media that are deemed "detrimental" to the team violates his team policy.

"We don't make comments about other players and staff in the (news)paper," Theus said. "We don't do it. Not (comments) that would be deemed detrimental."
    http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/755115.html

"I'm glad coach didn't give up like he did in Miami," Artest said. "In Miami we were down 14, (and) he pulled me out. We got down 26, and he put me back in the game. But (Sunday) we were down 20, and he let us play. He told us, 'You only have five minutes to get it right,' or he was going to put the young guys in. Sometimes in this league, you're going to get down 20. It happens ... . As long as we keep fighting, we'll get it back."
    In a reversal of sorts, Artest questioned the coaching staff's desire after the victory.
    "We're trying to make the playoffs," he said. "Once we get the coaches believing that we can make the playoffs, we'll be fine."
    I don't even know why I am posting this.

It is about to blow up AGAIN

You know I hate to say it, but Artest has a point. He shouldn't have said what he did to the media, but he has a point.