Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember The Detlef Schrempf Trade?

Steveman

Default Remember The Detlef Schrempf Trade?

Detlef Schrempf to Seatle for Derrick McKey.

The fans hated that deal and wanted to run Donnie Walsh outta town on a rail. Why did we do it? We needed a defensive stopper and it allowed Dale Davis to start and become the force he eventually became.

I think we need to trade Ron for similar but different reasons. We now need a consistent outside scorer. And who said JO would never be the MVP as long as Artest is on the team? We need an inside outside game. It may also allow Al to start, which is what Al wants and his game might greatly improve. Man I wish Al was just a little taller/bigger and could play center

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Remember The Detlef Schrempf Trade?

Waaaaaaaaaay TO many options out there this summer for SG

Artestaholic

If one of them has to go, I'd rather trade Al and keep Artest, thank you very much.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Artest would be desired by every team in the league. Al would start for at leat 10, maybe even 20, teams in the league.

Ron is consistent at both ends of the floor. Al has not been consistent at all, but certainly has his productive moments. Al wants to "be the man". Ron is the reigning DPOY and "IS the man", along with JO.

Al makes more than Ron but is nowhere near the player that Ron is. We have Ron locked up for longer term than Al.

So you want to trade Artest over Al.

Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous. It will NEVER happen.

Mood

yeah I find it amazing people wanna keep al and trade ron.

I think the Magic if they lose Tmac will need more , so us to offer 3 players is a good deal for them and Just offering Artest for Tmac is never gonna be a deal.

Steveman

Artest would be desired by every team in the league. Al would start for at leat 10, maybe even 20, teams in the league.

Ron is consistent at both ends of the floor. Al has not been consistent at all, but certainly has his productive moments. Al wants to "be the man". Ron is the reigning DPOY and "IS the man", along with JO.

Al makes more than Ron but is nowhere near the player that Ron is. We have Ron locked up for longer term than Al.

So you want to trade Artest over Al.

Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous. It will NEVER happen.
    Would you have traded Detlef Schrempf for Derrick McKey?

Mood

Would you have traded Detlef Schrempf for Derrick McKey?
    YES , I would have

Steveman

yeah I find it amazing people wanna keep al and trade ron.

I think the Magic if they lose Tmac will need more , so us to offer 3 players is a good deal for them and Just offering Artest for Tmac is never gonna be a deal.
    But would you trade Artest for Tmac straight up if offered? How about Artest+Bender for Tmac?

Mood

No and NO

I would trade anyone other than JO , Ron and Tins

Steveman

I'm not saying that I want to trade Ron and keep Al. I'm saying that if we can get Tmac for Artest and some baggage, I'd do it.

Steveman

No and NO

I would trade anyone other than JO , Ron and Tins
    So next year you want to see a repeat of what just happened? IMO, The only untouchables are JO and Tins. We must improve to advance and Brent Barry just "ain't" going to get us over the top. We need an Allen, Tmac, etc. and only Artest will bring that kind of talent.

Artestaholic

I agree. TheSauceMaster doesn't seem to relieze how good T-Mac is.

Mood

I know how good he is But I know how good Artest is Also , I thought the Buzzards were done roasting me for my Reggie Miller comments , now I get grilled over Ron Artest ...Great work guys

Btw I see alot of other People who say Don't trade Artest for Tmac ..but again I am getting pecked

I know how good he is But I know how good Artest is Also , I thought the Buzzards were done roasting me for my Reggie Miller comments , now I get grilled over Ron Artest ...Great work guys

Btw I see alot of other People who say Don't trade Artest for Tmac ..but again I am getting pecked
    Hey!!!!!!!

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Steveman

Where are you Sauce? Peck just posted that the local news "WTHR" ran some of Artests post game comments in which he b*tched the most about not getting enough touches on offense This guy is no team player as evidenced in these playoffs. I don't think JO and Ron can co-exist and win the title, and I prefer JO, actually, I prefer JO + Tmac or Allen

Mood

Players say things after big losses , so what it doesn't mean he's not happy he was just blowing off Steam.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

No, but couple it with his comments during the season about the offense etc and it makes you wonder.

IMO anybody not named ONEAL is available for upgrade.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Well to be honest I am sure things have been said by others , we may never hear about those though...Remember Ron is a Emotional guy and sometimes his *** overrides his mouth..if you get my drift.

Sorry, Ron should NOT be traded. Ever. I don't know how you can even think that.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sorry, Ron should NOT be traded. Ever. I don't know how you can even think that.
    I agree , and I think Ron is tame as Hell considered to Dennis Rodman , Hell Even Sheed has made Ron look Tame , trust me it's just a matter of Time before Sheed Loses his mind

I really think if the Pacers thought he was Harmful to the Team they Would have traded him last year before this season began , you gotta learn ron is a emotional player and sometimes he loses his composure.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You guys are amazing. The thread started by talking about the Detlef trade. We traded offense for defense and it turned this franchise around. In the same breath it is mentioned that our best defender should be traded for offense! WTF? Keep Artest and trade Al. Al has shown 0, Nada, Zip, Zilch since the Boston series. The guy keeps taking jumpshots instead of using his quickness and he got schooled several times by Rasheed in this series. He is not a very good defender anymore. The guy needs to go and this summer is the best time, before the rest of the league figures out that he isn't as good as he thinks he is.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah Yeah Yeah. RON RON loses his composure at the wrong freaking time. We cant continually having a guy get out of control just because of a fluke foul. We, the fans make Artest out to be some kind of saint. Once a thug, always a thug. We need him to control his temperment. Especially in the most crucial part of the series. Anyone who says that he did not cost us the game have blinders on. I think his negatives outweighs the positives at this point. We simply cannot have a guy jacking up threes. If he is back i hope the one thing he learned is that this is a TEAM sport. Act like it.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Ron did have 5 assists in this game. 10 or 11 rebounds.

Ron for McGrady won't work salary wise.

Mood

Even if Ron doesn't get the Flagrant , we still lose the Game and if we win were just delaying what's ineveitable

Jo said he doesnt think he could have played another Game and Tins was out for sure and Reggie well was MIA and AL was usual MIA in the playoffs AL

SO just how did people think we win this series ?