Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: GIANTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: GIANTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of biggest upsets. People forget that the 97 Broncos were 12 point underdog to the defending champion Packers. The NFC was unbeatable then. This might spell a changing of the guard to the NFC.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of biggest upsets. People forget that the 97 Broncos were 12 point underdog to the defending champion Packers. The NFC was unbeatable then. This might spell a changing of the guard to the NFC.
    I don't know if you'll see a complete change. It's certainly not like last year though when you literally could have had an all AFC playoffs. Teams like Green Bay and Dallas, and now the Giants really stepped it up a notch this season.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm still in shock that the Giants won. I still can't believe it.

I never would have thought that the Pats were going to lose, not after going undefeated in the regular season. They have a lot of close games but always managed to pull it out in the end. Another close one and finally they couldn't pull it out.

Just goes to show you that a QB needs good protection. Brady obviously didn't have that getting sacked five times. You can't pull an Eli everytime you are about to get sacked. Some have ragged on Peyton for the losses here in Indy but usually I blame the offensive line, and I blame the Pats o-line big time in this game for not giving Brady a chance.

Great to see the Giants win it. I am really happy for them. I think it's really funny they win it without Barber too.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The best part of seeing that Tyree catch played over and over is that you get to see him own Roidney Harrison as he catches it. Too bad he isn't on the juice any more, or else maybe he would have deflected it.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    The minute saw him wearing that rediculous red thing I told Kegboy "The red makes me think of the Giants."

Don't f*** with Karma, Bill.

I really enjoy Brady's "17 points" thing now.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I really don't think it was that big of an upset. In the realm of media hype, yes it was. But on the arc these 2 teams were on (Patriots descending over the last month and a half and the G-Men clearly in ascension) this shouldn't have been that big of a shock to people that actually watched them play. The Giants with their outstanding front seven were perfectly suited to attack what the Patriots do best.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere View Post
    I really don't think it was that big of an upset. In the realm of media hype, yes it was. But on the arc these 2 teams were on (Patriots descending over the last month and a half and the G-Men clearly in ascension) this shouldn't have been that big of a shock to people that actually watched them play. The Giants with their outstanding front seven were perfectly suited to attack what the Patriots do best.
    I wonder who has been writing this since about week 14 The only way the Pats were going to get beat is by a team with awesome ends, there were 2 teams that had that us and the Giants. Freeney went down, so the giants was the only hope. Another thing, boy the giants deserve this, by far the toughest road to the superbowl. Pack, Cowboys, Bucs, Patriots wowweeee.

Maybe I shouldn't bring this up because of the timing, but I have always thought that the losing team in the Super Bowl in our pop culture is over stigmatized.

I had an old college acquaintance who used to work for the Buffalo Bills in the 80s/90s. Though I was a Pats fan, I always followed them a little more even as a rival, and was behind them in the playoffs.

Well, the Buffalo Bills lost 4 straight Super Bowls and people still treat them as "America's Losers"

Do you realize how hard it is to win 4 straight conference titles?

The Patriots deserve extra ragging as such a big favorite, and the 18-0, but was the point spread not similar in 2005 when the Colts lost to the Steelers? Was the popular impression that the Colts gagged like a dog and ought to be ashamed? I think not.

This year, I see there is a sense that the Giants of course had a great season, all the other playoff teams (even the Colts) had a good season since they made the playoffs, but the Patriots ought to run somewhere and hide.

I know your reaction is to say "yeah, he's a Pats fan."

Trust me, I thought the Bears got excessively crucified last year, and like I said this feeling goes back to the Bills teams and even to the first 3 Elways teams that lost. People said they gagged. Then later they had more balanced physical teams that could run, and Elway was a genius not a choker.

Just because half of the people who watch the Super Bowl every year never watch any other game, the loser of one game should not be denigrated to such an extent. 30 other teams wanted to be there and fell short. This also doesn't seem to happen in other sports. NBA finalists, unless they are swept, are not portrayed as being frauds and losers who should be embarassed for getting there and taking all but the last step.

Sorry, /rant

For all those who ordered that book off of Amazon, don't forget the matching t-shirt!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    rant
    There's plenty truth in what you are saying but in the end, the Pats were just the last loser of the season. Only the Giants were winners. So to the victor comes the spoils.

As the Patriots steamrolled thru the regular season I think a lot of the media got caught up in proclaiming the Pats' greatness without any caveats. The hype fed itself and grew. The Pats never were as good as the record indicated. There were some close calls to teams that shouldn't have been that close. But hey, you can only play the teams on your schedule and you're supposed to play to win.... and a win is a win...

When it got down to it, the Giants showed the football world that the Pats weren't unbeatable. It's not like it was a lucky win where a costly fumble or fluke interception made the difference. The Giants took it to the Pats, put Brady on his a$$ for much of the game, and then drove the field on them in a 2 minute drill to win the game.

All of a sudden the media had some backtracking to do. So what you are ranting about is the result of this backtracking. The media are like rats scurrying from a sinking ship. So, just as the hype grew too big on the positive side, I think you'll see the opposite now.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't bring this up because of the timing, but I have always thought that the losing team in the Super Bowl in our pop culture is over stigmatized.

I had an old college acquaintance who used to work for the Buffalo Bills in the 80s/90s. Though I was a Pats fan, I always followed them a little more even as a rival, and was behind them in the playoffs.

Well, the Buffalo Bills lost 4 straight Super Bowls and people still treat them as "America's Losers"

Do you realize how hard it is to win 4 straight conference titles?

The Patriots deserve extra ragging as such a big favorite, and the 18-0, but was the point spread not similar in 2005 when the Colts lost to the Steelers? Was the popular impression that the Colts gagged like a dog and ought to be ashamed? I think not.

This year, I see there is a sense that the Giants of course had a great season, all the other playoff teams (even the Colts) had a good season since they made the playoffs, but the Patriots ought to run somewhere and hide.

I know your reaction is to say "yeah, he's a Pats fan."

Trust me, I thought the Bears got excessively crucified last year, and like I said this feeling goes back to the Bills teams and even to the first 3 Elways teams that lost. People said they gagged. Then later they had more balanced physical teams that could run, and Elway was a genius not a choker.

Just because half of the people who watch the Super Bowl every year never watch any other game, the loser of one game should not be denigrated to such an extent. 30 other teams wanted to be there and fell short. This also doesn't seem to happen in other sports. NBA finalists, unless they are swept, are not portrayed as being frauds and losers who should be embarassed for getting there and taking all but the last step.

Sorry, /rant
    You 100% right, but you don't seem to understand for years Pats fans have said the exact opposite of all those things. They have mercilessly attacked Colts fans and other fans. Brady is the god of all quarterbacks, Touchdown passes don't mean anything, etc. Numbers don't mean anything, Super Bowls wins are all that matters. Now this season when golden boy Brady has great numbers, for the first time, it's all about stats and numbers now. They can't have it both ways.

I think it is silly to rate players by how many rings they have, especially in football, the one sport it takes more of team effort than any other. It is also almost impossible to rate teams of different eras.

Still, I don't see how anyone can argue that this was the biggest loss in NFL history. I will rub it in to those folks for ever, I will never forget how Pats fans, some of there players and their coach have conducted them selfs. I hated the Pats with a passion reserved for few select teams before the game, after the game and I will always hate them, just like Detroit and most of their fans.

You have alway seemed like a nice guy and a very good poster, but in my experience with Pat fans you're rarer than hen's teeth. Almost all I've meet in person or on the internet are complete classless a-holes. There is a reason most of the country hates the Pats, lot's of good reasons. Don't expect it go way anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    You 100% right, but you don't seem to understand for years Pats fans have said the exact opposite of all those things. They have mercilessly attacked Colts fans and other fans. Brady is the god of all quarterbacks, Touchdown passes don't mean anything, etc. Numbers don't mean anything, Super Bowls wins are all that matters. Now this season when golden boy Brady has great numbers, for the first time, it's all about stats and numbers now. They can't have it both ways.

I think it is silly to rate players by how many rings they have, especially in football, the one sport it takes more of team effort than any other. It is also almost impossible to rate teams of different eras.

Still, I don't see how anyone can argue that this was the biggest loss in NFL history. I will rub it in to those folks for ever, I will never forget how Pats fans, some of there players and their coach have conducted them selfs. I hated the Pats with a passion reserved for few select teams before the game, after the game and I will always hate them, just like Detroit and most of their fans.

I guess the point I'm really trying to get across is that at the end of the day, it's just a game for our entertainment. Some people take it to far regarding morals of people. Just because I cheer for the Patriots doesn't make me a classless person..and just because you cheer for the Colts doesn't mean you are a "good guy." Pats fans are no worse then any other fans in the NFL. You are just more biased towards the team, so naturally you will have a predisposition to want to make them seem worse.

You have alway seemed like a nice guy and a very good poster, but in my experience with Pat fans you're rarer than hen's teeth. Almost all I've meet in person or on the internet are complete classless a-holes. There is a reason most of the country hates the Pats, lot's of good reasons. Don't expect it go way anytime soon.
    You just dislike New England so naturally you are going to have a predisposition to dislike their fans even more. If you think Pats fans are bad, you should go to an Oakland game some time.
    Last edited by Moses; 02-05-2008 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    You just dislike New England so naturally you are going to have a predisposition to dislike their fans even more. If you think Pats fans are bad, you should go to an Oakland game some time.
    Go to the RATS Colts forum sometime. The Pats trolls took it over a few years ago and just won't go away.

Every team has their bad fans, but the Pats have more than most.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That isn't true at all. In fact, I hate the Patriots because of their fans, not the other way around. I rooted for the Pats against the Rams and didn't begin hating them until their trolls invaded the Indystar message board and set up permanent shop. I would bet that a lot of the folks here feel exactly the same way. As for Oakland's fans, at least they went away when their team started sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    That isn't true at all. In fact, I hate the Patriots because of their fans, not the other way around. I rooted for the Pats against the Rams and didn't begin hating them until their trolls invaded the Indystar message board and set up permanent shop. I would bet that a lot of the folks here feel exactly the same way. As for Oakland's fans, at least they went away when their team started sucking.
    I guess if it happened at one online forum, it must be true.

I guess if it happened at one online forum, it must be true.
    Check out other forums. They're everywhere. Like whiny cockroaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Check out other forums. They're everywhere. Like whiny cockroaches.
    There will always be trolls, for every team. The fantasy football forums I post at have TONS of Colts trolls.

Boston fans are notorious for being obnoxious. Go to sportsline, they are almost as bad there as they are on Indystar. Indystar puts up with them though and lets them say what they want. IS posters complain that they get banned from Pats forums for saying the slightest thing that is against the pats.

Most of the Pats fans have seemingly vanished from Indystar.

Like I said earlier, only the Patriots could turn a team from New York into some sort of likable underdog that is latched onto by the rest of America. The Giants were America's team the other night.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just like the end of the Pats run for 19-0

18-Doh!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TwXThquznA0

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo