Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GIANTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woman without a team

Default Re: GIANTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously - Belichek's move at the end of the game was just terrible.

I wish someone would ask him why he left the field before the game was over. I'd love to hear his answer. He can't say he didn't know there was still time left because I saw the ref telling him there was.

By the way, him leaving is a finable offense.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/removingteam

No player, coach, or other person affiliated with a club may remove that club’s team from the field during the playing of any game, including preseason, except at the direction of the referee. Any club violating this rule will be subject to disciplinary action by the Commissioner, including possible game forfeiture and sole liability for financial losses suffered by the opposing club and any other affected member clubs of the League. [See Section 9.1 (E) of the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.]

Who did New England lose to the year before they lost to us? Did the Steelers beat them in the second round, or did someone else do that? I'm starting to remember.... was it the Broncos?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    Yes he truly is.

Plus, I'd like to add that the catch by Tyree from Manning is going to be historic. I said it when it happened. That was absolutely HUGE.

Oh yeah, and the Pats really had two great chances to intercept the ball on Eli's last drive. Choke!
    Forget the catch (though an amazing one) what about Eli getting away from at least two Patriots who had him! Eli amazed me with his pocket presence tonight.

sweabs

Nice - good catch, Grace. That'd be icing on the cake...a little fine to go along with things.

Personally, it seemed like he almost wanted to create some confusion to take away from a Giants celebration. Just to mess around with it a little bit. I don't know what he was thinking - but it certainly created an awkward scene.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh BTW no one has touched on this yet, but is anyone else loving the fact that Tiki Barber looks like a huge a-hole now? He spent all of last summer ripping on Eli and the Giants and he also continued it during the season. If I were Eli I'd be calling him out for sure.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    Forget the catch (though an amazing one) what about Eli getting away from at least two Patriots who had him! Eli amazed me with his pocket presence tonight.
    Yep, the entire play was unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Who did New England lose to the year before they lost to us? Did the Steelers beat them in the second round, or did someone else do that? I'm starting to remember.... was it the Broncos?
    It was the Broncos, the Pats lost in Denver that year in the divisional game.

I don't really get the happiness Colts fans are getting from thiss. I'm not really happy unless WE win the Super Bowl :shrugs:

Great game by the Giants, though. Historic victory.

If the Colts can somehow win the next two SB's, we're tied with the Pats for the best team of the decade.

Only the Patriots could turn a team from New York into a likable underdog and America's team.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I wish someone would ask him why he left the field before the game was over. I'd love to hear his answer. He can't say he didn't know there was still time left because I saw the ref telling him there was.

By the way, him leaving is a finable offense.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/removingteam

No player, coach, or other person affiliated with a club may remove that club’s team from the field during the playing of any game, including preseason, except at the direction of the referee. Any club violating this rule will be subject to disciplinary action by the Commissioner, including possible game forfeiture and sole liability for financial losses suffered by the opposing club and any other affected member clubs of the League. [See Section 9.1 (E) of the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.]

Not sure this would fit the described situation. He left himself, and as far as I can tell, didn't order his team off the field of play. In fact, his defense did return to the field to play out the final 1 sec.

Players leave the sidelines all the time... From injuries to bathroom breaks... it happens.

Since he did meet at the center of the field and congratulated Coughlin (with them both apparently thinking the game was over), I think that would be seen as a mitigating circumstance if the NFL did review this.

I think that rule was more designed for a team trying to show up or make some kind of point to the officials or the league by pulling a team off the field before the game is over. Kind of like the F1 teams pulling their cars off the track before the start of the Indy GP a few years ago.

So, as bad as it looked to some, I don't think it violated the highlighted rule or even the spirit of the rule. Had he left and snubbed Coughlin, then maybe there'd be a somewhat better argument. It could be construed to look bad for Belichek... but it really didn't really make the NFL look bad and IMHO wasn't intended to.

And Belichek doesn't care if it made him look bad or not.

-Bball "Lawyer hat on"
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    It was the Broncos, the Pats lost in Denver that year in the divisional game.

I don't really get the happiness Colts fans are getting from thiss. I'm not really happy unless WE win the Super Bowl :shrugs:

Great game by the Giants, though. Historic victory.

If the Colts can somehow win the next two SB's, we're tied with the Pats for the best team of the decade.
    Because most of us Colt fans think we have a pretty good team too and all we've heard from the media has been:
    Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady. The Colts have had solid regular season success and a recent SB win and it's been tossed aside while the Pats had already been crowned the team of the decade and handed this last SB title.

A win by the Pats making them 19-0 would've buried what success the Colts have had this decade and elevated these Pats to mythical status in the media and thus in the archives of NFL Films.

But a funny thing happened on the way to 19-0....

I think most would agree that the Pats' playoff success has been dominate, but overall, the Colts have at least been their equal in the regular season (this decade) and do have one SB themselves. And the Colts' SB is more recent than the Pats' last SB!

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't really get the happiness Colts fans are getting from this. I'm not really happy unless WE win the Super Bowl :shrugs:
    You obviously haven't seen or heard the obnoxious fans of the Pats, they are hands down the worst of all pro sports. The hatred of the Pats is fueled by there horrible fans and their coach.

Doesn't happen on this great site, the mods don't let Pats fans come in a try to take over.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Because most of us Colt fans think we have a pretty good team too and all we've heard from the media has been:
    Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady. The Colts have had solid regular season success and a recent SB win and it's been tossed aside while the Pats had already been crowned the team of the decade and handed this last SB title.

A win by the Pats making them 19-0 would've buried what success the Colts have had this decade and elevated these Pats to mythical status in the media and thus in the archives of NFL Films.

But a funny thing happened on the way to 19-0....

I think most would agree that the Pats' playoff success has been dominate, but overall, the Colts have at least been their equal in the regular season (this decade) and do have one SB themselves. And the Colts' SB is more recent than the Pats' last SB!

-Bball
    I see what you're saying, Brady is annoyingly the King of the media right now, but I have to admit that Peyton isn't that far behind.

And the Pats got an exceptional amount of media coverage this year but that is mostly because they won 18 straight games, so I think they mostly deserved it. What annoyed me more than anything was the media crowning their asses before they beat us in the regular season, but after they beat us in the regular season, it was all fair game IMHO.

I just don't think it has anything to do with the Pats in regard to how this team is looked at at the end of the decade. Right now we've won one SB only, which puts us on the measley level of the Bucanneers and the Ravens, who aren't remembered as great teams, and rightfully so.

It is up to us, and only us, to cement our legacy in the next couple of years.

It is up to us, and only us, to cement our legacy in the next couple of years.
    Agreed... And by the Pats LOSING (I love saying that) in the Super Bowl (to a Manning led team no less)... then it allows the door to still be open for us.

If the Pats had reached that 19-0 then it would've seemingly validated all the glowing praise that was heaped on them throughout the season and raised them to mythical status. Nothing we'd realistically do in the next couple of seasons would likely change that.

What was the final strength of schedule for the Pats this season?

That said, Dungy is going to have to find an answer to having this team thoroughly prepared to start the season, and questionably prepared to finish it...

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Oh BTW no one has touched on this yet, but is anyone else loving the fact that Tiki Barber looks like a huge a-hole now? He spent all of last summer ripping on Eli and the Giants and he also continued it during the season. If I were Eli I'd be calling him out for sure.
    That's what my Giants fans friends were telling me.

"I know someone who feels twice as bad as you do..TIKI BARBER!!!" (and possibly Jeremy Shockey)

Not to knock on either guy, but maybe taking those two out of the equation really let Eli step into the huddle and be the leader.

Shockey isn't as bad. Tiki basically said that Eli was a loser during the offseason. Not only does he not get a ring, but now hes eating crow.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Shockey isn't as bad. Tiki basically said that Eli was a loser during the offseason. Not only does he not get a ring, but now hes eating crow.

Yeah, something tells me that the Giants aren't going to be giving Tiki a ring like Dungy did with Edge.

He ripped Coughlin and Eli, IIRC.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Yeah, something tells me that the Giants aren't going to be giving Tiki a ring like Dungy did with Edge.

He ripped Coughlin and Eli, IIRC.
    He more or less ripped the whole team. I think Tikki stinks as an annalist. He's the #2 reason I quit watching that worthless pre-game show on Sunday nights. (#1 was Keith Oberman if anyone cares.)

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    He more or less ripped the whole team. I think Tikki stinks as an annalist. He's the #2 reason I quit watching that worthless pre-game show on Sunday nights. (#1 was Keith Oberman if anyone cares.)

Yeah, I can't stand Keith Oberman either. I don't know if there is anyone on TV who is as full of themselves as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Yeah, I can't stand Keith Oberman either. I don't know if there is anyone on TV who is as full of themselves as he is.
    Well, there's this guy named Bill ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Agreed... And by the Pats LOSING (I love saying that) in the Super Bowl (to a Manning led team no less)... then it allows the door to still be open for us.

If the Pats had reached that 19-0 then it would've seemingly validated all the glowing praise that was heaped on them throughout the season and raised them to mythical status. Nothing we'd realistically do in the next couple of seasons would likely change that.

What was the final strength of schedule for the Pats this season?

That said, Dungy is going to have to find an answer to having this team thoroughly prepared to start the season, and questionably prepared to finish it...

-Bball
    There's no question that having the Pats win would've completely thrown aside our accomplisments in recent years, except with our own fans. I really hope we can win at least one more within the next couple years. If we can do that, then we would hopefully be remembered as one of the two great teams of the decade. Beating NE along the way to that title would help too. They deserve another playoff loss from us.

We need to get a 3 or 4 seed. We don't seem to be capable of winning otherwise. It may help that we have the 2nd toughest schedule next year. Who has the easiest? I believe it's the Pats (or 2nd easiest). How they managed that I have no idea.

I thought we had a better team this year, but as has been mentioned, injuries killed us. I think keys for us this year: OL/DL depth. We need more DBs...I'm not a fan of Jennings. LBs are surprisingly good. I wonder if we'll keep Booger. Will we resign our OGs or not. Clark should be back. Ugoh will be much better next year. I think we'll be in great shape.

Oh...hail to the Giants!
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

That throw to Tyree was the best football play I've ever seen. The the more times I see the replay the more it just cements it for me.

God that was sweet. And in addition to that:

-The Patriots are an old team. That defense doesn't have much left in the tank.

-The Colts are an extremely young team. Really the only key player we're losing in the next couple years is Marvin.

-Next year we'll have Dwight back

-Dungy is coming back

-Spygate looks like it has legs

-Peyton Manning is the number one DSRL player in the world right now

-Jack Del Rio is the coach of our biggest challenger in our division

-We have Dallas, Bob Sanders, Dwight and Reggie locked up in long term deals

It's a good time to be a Colts fan.

Edit: And we have Gary Brackett! I forgot to include my favorite defensive Colts of all time
    Last edited by King Tuts Tomb; 02-04-2008 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Edit: And we have Gary Brackett! I forgot to include my favorite defensive Colts of all time

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post

-Jack Del Rio is the coach of our biggest challenger in our division

-
    That one always brightens my day.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Speaking of jinxes, I remember hearing late last week that the Patriots organization went and copyrighted the phrase, "Nineteen and Oh" (or something like that).

What do they do with that now? Print t-shirts with "19-0 - the season that could have been"? on them? Or do they hang onto it and sell it to the team that finally does go undefeated (some team will eventually)? Or do they just contract to market memorabilia for that team?

And on another note, related to the Giants' pass rush - we have been given yet another reminder that when you hit him in the mouth enough times, no matter who he is, every quarterback turns into David Carr.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Brady was planted in the Arizona sod like a modern day Jesse James.

Nothing could compare to the Colt's winning last year, but with the enmity the Patriots have built with their collective a-holeness, only matched by that of their fanbase, this is close to last year. Belidick needs to be fined, fired, straightjacketed and given a permanent room in Alcatrez.