Thread: With Tins and JO on one leg

Default With Tins and JO on one leg

It is sadly better that we don't have to face the Lakers without TWO of our KEY players.

Jermaine was a TRUE warrior tonight and gave us everything we could ask for. I give Tinsley props for trying to go as well, but BOTH players were taking some serious risks with their future.

Without those two players at least 80% healthy, the Finals would've been pretty ugly. I would still prefer to be there and see what happens, but thinking about the long term health of JO, it is probably better he start getting better.

With a healthy JO and Tins, my gut tells me we would be the team facing the Lakers with a 50/50 shot at winning it all. With them at 20% or less, our chance was much less.

I hope we add either another talented big man or go after Tracy McGrady. We need someone who can get a shot off under any and all circumstances!!

See ya all next year!

Water

Default Re: With Tins and JO on one leg

Just got done watching NBA TV press conferences and JO mentioned he wasn't sure he could play much more on that knee.

Water

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I said this a few days ago , even if we would have won this series there is no way we make a respectable 6-7 game finals apperance with JO and TInsley hurting so bad and I stand by that.

I am glad JO said he is not going to Play in Greece.

I am glad JO said he is not going to Play in Greece.
    Did he come out and say that? I missed it, when did he do that?

I just posted in another thread that I wanted him to skip this summer for selfish reasons. He needs to take some time to heal. He needed to last summer for that matter.

Mood

He said it in the after game press confrence , he said it's gonna take 4-6 months for his knee to heal ,his knee is more hurt than he was letting on and he said he couldn't have played on it much longer.

I feel sorry for JO in that he's worked hard and given up his summers and won't have the opportunity to win a Gold Medal for himself and his country but at the same time it doesn't pain me at all to see him take the summer off to heal.

I feel sorry for JO in that he's worked hard and given up his summers and won't have the opportunity to win a Gold Medal for himself and his country but at the same time it doesn't pain me at all to see him take the summer off to heal.
    Even if he hadn't hurt his knee, he needed a summer off. He's played in something like the last 3 or 4 summers, and I thought it really showed this year. He'll get another shot, but right now I want the kid to get healthy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Even if he hadn't hurt his knee, he needed a summer off. He's played in something like the last 3 or 4 summers, and I thought it really showed this year. He'll get another shot, but right now I want the kid to get healthy.
    Good comments and I agree , maybe it was a blessing in disguse , not saying I am happy he's hurt but I think he needed to take the summer off even if he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

glad to hear jermaine is taking the summer off. glad to see that ben wallace is joining olympic team. that being said, i am relieved that this series is over. i have loved the pacers since just before chuck person came here and i want this team to win. however, this was for the best concerning the pacers. i sure as hell did not like the idea of a seriously injured and hobbled jermaine and a messed up jamal trying to play the lakers. IF they had both been in decent shape then, i think we would have had a great shot at winning it all. this was not the case. besides, no team has ever gone from being a first round elimination to nba champ. i don't see it changing soon. the pacers are right there. the core unit is VERY young. this season is over. but, this team is well stocked, for the most part reggie needs to settle for a backup role or retire. rip ruled him this series. we need someone else to go along with jones as a s.g. wish we could dish off pollard somehow. that guy was a 5 million dollar bust. core unit is solid though. no need to trade artest or any of our starters. i like this squad. this crew can do it if healthy.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    note to pistons fans: be prepared for the lakers in six. if you guys think that prince or either of the wallaces will be allowed to crowd shaq, malone or kobe in the paint and any of them happen to fall down like jermaine or harrington down low, you can COUNT ON FOULS being called. you are playing the lakers.