View Poll Results: Which player will most likely be traded?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jamaal Tinsley

9 14.29%
  • Jermaine O'Neal

21 33.33%
  • Mike Dunleavy

1 1.59%
  • Troy Murphy

2 3.17%
  • Kareem Rush

1 1.59%
  • Danny Granger

1 1.59%
  • Shawne Williams

2 3.17%
  • Ike Diogu

10 15.87%
  • Jeff Foster

5 7.94%
  • David Harrison

5 7.94%
  • Marquis Daniels

4 6.35%
  • Travis Diener

0 0%
  • Andre Owens

1 1.59%
  • Stephen Graham

1 1.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Likely to be Moved

Default Most Likely to be Moved

The point is not who we would like to see traded. We talk about that all the time. The question is who is most likely to be traded.
    Last edited by OakMoses; 01-28-2008 at 01:13 PM.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Sports Logo

Default Re: Most Likely to be Moved

Is there a way to add an option to choose "No One"?

If I were a betting man like UB, I think that there is a very good chance that we do nothing.

This is not because we think we are good enough...but because no one would want any Tradeable Asset that we have that is on the block and we wouldn't get that much for the few Tradeable Assets that we do have.

After the "No One" option.....if I were forced to choose a player....the most likely player that I think we would move would be Ike. He still has some potential that some team may be interested in that doesn't have some "off the court" issue that would scare off another GM and ( at least for now ) doesn't exactlly fit in with our "Small Ball" rotation.

But I still think that TPTB will probably hold onto him a little bit longer just to see if he pans out.....which means that I will default back to my "No One" option.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well I DO some betting and I'm betting we do nothing.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a way to add an option to choose "No One"?

If I were a betting man like UB, I think that there is a very good chance that we do nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    You guys aren't paying attention to the question. I agree that I don't think anyone will be moved. However the question is "Who's most likely to be moved?"

I'm thinking Tinsley.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    I'm also a betting man, but at this point I can honestly say that nothing will surprise me.

Standing pat seems likely, but I don't quite see how it can be justified. The flaws in the roster become more apparent every day.

There don't appear to be too many untouchable players. Granger and Dunleavy seem like the nearest things, but I'd not be surprised to see them go.

There are a few assets (Marquis, Ike, Shawne) who aren't playing major roles right now and can't be readily slotted into the long term future, I could easily see one or two of them getting moved.

A guy like Foster who has a short and relatively cheap contract could be very attractive to a team trying to gear up for a good playoff run.

More than anything, at least until the deadline we've got some hope that some of the problems we can see will be addressed.

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I'm thinking Tinsley.
    I hope your right.

- Salman Rushdie

Actually, history says we will do something. Any time the playoffs are in jeopardy (this franchise's main and overriding goal) is when we do something midseason. True, the East is weak enough that some real losers could 'back in' so that might give TPTB some light at the end of the tunnel (or a straw to grasp for) but that is the wild card in this situation.

But WHAT they do is the question. Are we going to make a panic type move (trade JO and Tins) for some long term financial hits just to move one or both?

Orrrrr....
    Are we going to try and patch things yet again and make an Ike or Shawne the scapegoat?

Giving up on Ike or Shawne this soon might be admitting a mistake... We don't do that in Pacerland. I'd say, if there was one of the two to go, it would be Ike since he was 'just' part of a trade and not a 'true' Pacer pick (not withstanding reports that Ike is who we really wanted in the GS trade in the first place).

Sure, you'd think nobody is interested in Harrison after his suspension ALTHO, saying that, you have to wonder since he's on an expiring rookie deal and a legit 7' center what some coach/GM might consider a worthwhile short-term project. Being damaged goods might mean a re-sign would be reasonable for his new team. We could potentially move him for a similar damaged goods/unfulfilled potential guy at a position of need and then throw him to the wolves to sink or swim.

That almost sounds like the path of least resistance. JO gets to sit, heal, and let his legend grow. God only knows what Tinsley does. We get a player that the local press can hype based on the Pacers' press releases so the fans get a shot in the arm. ...And we only lose Harrison in the process (who is probably already far out of favor in the upper echelons of Pacerland).

Will we address the real issues:
    Tinsley's bad attitude?
    JO's inability to fit this offense or live up to his contract?
    Perimeter defense?

Not really.

Really... my Harrison trade thought could actually work toward a 'potential' addressing of at least the perimeter defense problem. That makes it even more plausible in my mind.

But that's assuming we find a diamond in the rough.

I realize I am rambling a lot but I'm searching for an answer for what I think is the most likely thing we'll do.

I think we WILL do something... but it will be the closest thing to doing nothing that we can do. We'll tweak the edges and try and find a diamond in the rough. It would be a situation where we try and trade for a Kareem Rush type player or a player on a rookie contract who hasn't panned out. ...Or some other short term contract of a player that hasn't panned out. A player that can be sold as still having a chance 'in the right situation', but not someone with longterm crippling financial ramifications.

That's how I'm leaning right now. Harrison as the most likely traded and a guard picked up in return.

Sooooo what diamond in the rough is out there to make this work?

I'll hold off on making an official pick just yet but the above is my thought process so far.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Why don't we just pony up and go get Dale Davis. Veteran defensive presence, interior toughness, fan favorite: everything you could hope for!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tinsley.

Why? We could easily acquire Delonte West (see my post on the trade forum) and since Tinsley doesn't make nearly as much as JO, we could easily trade him for an overpaid garbage player like Malik Rose of NYK.

And yes, I would do that deal, because shedding Tinsley by any means necessary is one of the first steps we need to take to win back fan support.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    Tinsley.

Why? We could easily acquire Delonte West (see my post on the trade forum) and since Tinsley doesn't make nearly as much as JO, we could easily trade him for an overpaid garbage player like Malik Rose of NYK.

And yes, I would do that deal, because shedding Tinsley by any means necessary is one of the first steps we need to take to win back fan support.
    If we're electing new GM's, you have my vote.

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    If we're electing new GM's, you have my vote.
    If you're not being saracastic , thanks.

It's probably more realistic to move Tinsley to Cleveland straight up for Eric Snow, because trading Tinsley to NY would create an amazing longjam at PG for the Knicks. I would possibly try to add Owens into that Cleveland deal (salaries match either way) in order to prevent a logjam at PG.

Our PG rotation (assuming my Delonte West trade works) would then be:

Delonte West/Travis Deiner/Eric Snow

I think Cleveland would do it because they are desperate for any type of firepower to help LeBron, and in that regard Tinsley is much better than Snow.

Good Job Larry! Indianapolis_girly's Avatar

I sure hope Tinsley gets moved. I thought he would change his ways, but it doesn't look like he's gonna do that anytime soon.

Some people want it to happen, some
    wish it would happen, & others make it happen.
    ..Michael Jordan.

Pressure is something you feel when
    you don't know what the hell you're
    doing.
    ..Peyton Manning.

Mood

I am in the group that would like to see Tin Man moved. I think that we will have to include a young big man with it though like Ike or maybe Harrison.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I voted Harrison too.

Just because I don't see the top brass making a big move but they may entertain a lesser, cautious one. And right about now they'd probably take something of lesser value for Harrison.

The move probably won't help much.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I picked O'neal.. His welcome has long since been ran out here.. But I can also see us being the Pacers and trade away our future All-Star in Granger.. I can see us just think that he has tons of value right now, why not trade him?? Stupid.

Mood

I think we will be making a trade to dump salary, or get rid of Tinsley. We will need to give away a young talented player to do either of those. I believe that will be Shawne Williams.

There is one problem with trading Tinsley though. No one wants him.

I think we will end up keeping JO through his current contract, but I doubt he will be resigned.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    If you're not being saracastic , thanks.

It's probably more realistic to move Tinsley to Cleveland straight up for Eric Snow, because trading Tinsley to NY would create an amazing longjam at PG for the Knicks. I would possibly try to add Owens into that Cleveland deal (salaries match either way) in order to prevent a logjam at PG.

Our PG rotation (assuming my Delonte West trade works) would then be:

Delonte West/Travis Deiner/Eric Snow

I think Cleveland would do it because they are desperate for any type of firepower to help LeBron, and in that regard Tinsley is much better than Snow.
    I don't think that Tinsley going to NY is a possiblity......I thought I read somewhere here in PD that Zeke wasn't a fan of Tinsley when he was coaching here.

As for Tinsley to the Cavs........I can't see the Cavs taking on Tinsley's 28 mil in guaranteed $$$ without giving us back somebody like Donyell Marshall or Damon Jones.

As for Delonte West....I think that the PG that the Sonics would prefer to move is Watson or Ridnour....mainly cuz of their much longer contracts. Maybe trading Ike for West would be an option? I don't know....all I know is that they want to get rid of either of their Bigger PG contracts and keep ( then maybe let go ) West.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

none...this is the team we have for the rest of the year....WOO HOO!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i voted O'Neil because if healthy he has the highest trade value of anyone we want to move. I'm not sure we will move anyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    i voted O'Neil because if healthy he has the highest trade value of anyone we want to move. I'm not sure we will move anyone though.
    No, not right now, Granger is very high value.. And JO is really low value. But things change, if he comes back and dominates for a few games, he will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    And right about now they'd probably take something of lesser value for Harrison.
    Such as what exactly?
    • Fred Thompson '08 t-shirt?
    • HD-DVD player?
    • sub-prime mortgage?
    • Michael Vick?
    • Damon Stoudamire Grizzlies jersey?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    As for Tinsley to the Cavs........I can't see the Cavs taking on Tinsley's 28 mil in guaranteed $$$ without giving us back somebody like Donyell Marshall or Damon Jones.
    i think they'd do a snow/s.brown/pick (2009 2nd) for tinsley/diogu type deal. right now snow is doing jack for them and they've got newble and devin brown eating up the backup SG/SF minutes. seems like an okay risk for them to take. snow's deal is 2yrs for around $14mil though there isn't a whole lot he's gonna give you. s.brown is less proven than diogu but a nice prospect at SG then the sweetener pick.

just saying it isn't completely out of the question.

if i had to guess i'd probably say diogu or daniels.
    This is the darkest timeline.

I said Foster, ...not because I want him moved but because he is one of the few players that other teams might want.

Second choice would be Grainger, but not as likely because TPTB want to keep him. However there is a logjam at his position.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Such as what exactly?
    • Fred Thompson '08 t-shirt?
    • HD-DVD player?
    • sub-prime mortgage?
    • Michael Vick?
    • Damon Stoudamire Grizzlies jersey?
    I'll take whichever one counts the least towards the 2007-2008 Salary cap.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybegood View Post
    Why don't we just pony up and go get Dale Davis. Veteran defensive presence, interior toughness, fan favorite: everything you could hope for!
    I love Dale as much as the next guy (as long as the next guy isn't Peck), but Dale is older than ****.

As for my answer to the poll question: Larry Bird.