Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will you root for now?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Who will you root for now?

Can't the ground just open up and swallow them both?

Mood

Default Re: Who will you root for now?

Because I want Larry to get a ring over Malone and Payton, I'm gonna side with the East Champs.

How could any Pacer fan that's been around for the past ten years not pull for Larry Brown to finally win it all?

I like that option best!!!
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Can there be a neither or a don't care option...?

is it too late to change it?

That's my vote.

Sactolover
    AKA Sactolover05

I like that option best!!!
    Can there be a neither or a don't care option...?

is it too late to change it?

That's my vote.

Sactolover

LedZeppelinColt =

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Lakers with a passion. But I'm rooting for them.

I hope the Lakers win. In doing so, Malone feels satisfied and retires. Gary leaves to join a non-triangle-oriented offense. Shaq dominates all the games and gets all the credit, angering Kobe. Kobe leaves the Lakers and goes to (somewhere else.) Mid-offseason after Kobe is somewhere else, contract negotiations fall through with Jackson, and he retires with his 10 championships. Shaq--who I believe at one point said he would only play for PJ--retires as well so he can be a cop.

Then the Lakers endure 100 years in the lottery.

WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope running to the Lakers, instead of doing it on their own comes back and bite Malone and Payton in the butt. Ill be routing for the Pistons because im just an underdog kind of guy. Plus the pistons beat my beloved Pacers. Lets GO Eastern Conference prove the naysayers wrong.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

First, I never cheer for another Central Division team in The Finals. I don't want another team that close to home to have the ultimate level of success. I guess that's based on my parents, as IU alumni, teaching me to never, ever, ever cheer for Purdue under any circumstances. :P

Second, I truly despise Larry Brown. Respect him? Yes. Will I ever cheer for his team? No.

But I wouldn't mind if the ground opened up and swallowed them both.

Of if a tornado hit Staples Center.

Since September 11, I don't use my "bomb" joke anymore, but this is exactly the circumstance when I used to use it.

But only if Brad Nessler is also in the building. Something needs to save basketball fans from four more years of him. (Yes, I know Al Michaels is doing The Finals.)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

sweabs

The biassed play-calling by Brad Nessler was unbelievable and deserves a nice big ed:.

Mood

First, I never cheer for another Central Division team in The Finals. I don't want another team that close to home to have the ultimate level of success. I guess that's based on my parents, as IU alumni, teaching me to never, ever, ever cheer for Purdue under any circumstances. :P

Second, I truly despise Larry Brown. Respect him? Yes. Will I ever cheer for his team? No.

Since September 11, I don't use my "bomb" joke anymore, but this is exactly the circumstance when I used to use it.

But only if Brad Nessler is also in the building. Something needs to save basketball fans from four more years of him. (Yes, I know Al Michaels is doing The Finals.)
    Well said Jay , I feel the same way pretty much and what's one more year of the West winning , I want the Pacers to Be the Next EC team to Win the Finals , not the Pistons and I sure don't wanna see Larry Brown get a Ring .

I loathe Larry Brown and his team jumping ethics, trust me Larry Brown if he doesn't Win a Championship in Detriot within the First couple years ..he will ruin the team then Jump ship , just like he has in the Past.

LAPacer

Why LA:
    Most of my friends are LA fans
    Ben is overrated and proud.
    Shaq is funny
    Walton is funny
    Hard to root for our Central Div Rivals.. Like rooting for Tennessee Titans.
    Laimbeer is annoying
    Larry Brown is annoying

Why Detroit:
    Kobe sucks
    Malone sucks
    Payton whines too much
    East gets no respect
    'Sheed is funny
    To shut up bandwagon laker flag using fans

Man its a tough call. I don't want Malone to get a ring. Kobe already has one, but I don't want to hear how great he is again. I hope Malone and Ben get in a fight and become ineligible for a ring. Then Kobe gets caught with a hooker before a game and gets banned for betting on NBA games. After than, I reluctantly cast my vote for the Lakers

Zesty

This is tough. I hate the Lakers and I've grown to dislike the Pistons a great, mostly because I hate Rasheed Wallace. I don't want to say it, but I have to pull for the Lakers, mostly because I don't want to spend the entirety of next season hearing about how the Pistons are the defending champs, blah blah blah.

sweabs

I think on the outside I'll say I want the Pistons to win to represent the East...but then on the inside I will secretly be rooting for the Lakers to give Detroit a whooping b/c I am just that upset .

Mood

I want the Lakers to win , hate to say it , but if Karl Gets his ring , he retires , payton he wont be a laker next year , kobe he want's to move on , shaq some say he's ready to move on from LA and phil might retire , so basically you see the Lakers go bye bye if they win a ring ..which is a good thing and I don't want to see LA not win so there is no temptation for them all not to split up after this season

Plus I dont't wanna deal with Detriot Trolls Saying Larry Brown is better coach than Rick Carsile

sweabs

I want the Lakers to win , hate to say it , but if Karl Gets his ring , he retires , payton he wont be a laker next year , kobe he want's to move on , shaq some say he's ready to move on from LA and phil might retire , so basically you see the Lakers go bye bye if they win a ring ..which is a good thing and I don't want to see LA not win so there is no temptation for them all to split up after this season

I like your train of thought!!! BYE BYE LAKERS!!! BYE BYE ALL OF YOUR FANS!!!

woman without a team

How could any Pacer fan that's been around for the past ten years not pull for Larry Brown to finally win it all?
    Because he's not our coach. Because I don't think he stands a snowball's chance on Rodeo Drive of winning 2 games let alone 4.l

Mood

Because he's not our coach. Because I don't think he stands a snowball's chance on Rodeo Drive of winning 2 games let alone 4.l
    Grace THanks for the Laugh , I seriously fell outta my chair on that

LAPacer

Grace THanks for the Laugh , I seriously fell outta my chair on that
    buahahahaha

I wish Hicks hadn't brought up Larry Brown.

I agree with Grace, though. It ain't happening. Detroit's had it too easy (no TJ Ford, hurt Kidd and Kmart, then hurt Mel Mel and JO.) LA's healthy, and Payton and Malone are so close, they can smell it. They're not gonna let the Phil-Shaq-Kobe freakshow triangle screw this up for them.

Hopefully Phil will retire after this. It'd be the only good thing to come out of what I expect to be an absolutely horrible series.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Where in LA do you live, LAPacer?

Well said Jay , I feel the same way pretty much and what's one more year of the West winning , I want the Pacers to Be the Next EC team to Win the Finals , not the Pistons and I sure don't wanna see Larry Brown get a Ring .

I loathe Larry Brown and his team jumping ethics, trust me Larry Brown if he doesn't Win a Championship in Detriot within the First couple years ..he will ruin the team then Jump ship , just like he has in the Past.
    I think you guys pretty much said it for me too. I don't think I'll really watch at all, I hate both teams too much to want either to win. I'm also so tired of the Larry vs. Rick stuff, I don't want to hear it from the Pistons fans anymore and it would be unbearable if they won it all this year.

My only consolation is that we were too banged up to compete with LA (and I think it was our downfall with Detroit more than anything else) and I'm relieved that our guys can get healthy before doing something to jeopardize their career's long term.

There are still basketball games being played?