Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerald Green Wants Out of Minnesota

Banned

Default Gerald Green Wants Out of Minnesota

I just saw this on RealGM. He's not exactly living up to his pre-draft hype, but he's a young guard with some promise.

The Wolves declined his option and he's getting no playing time, so it appears they have no interest in him. His trade value is low.

Harrison for Green, anyone?

He's a free agent at seasons end, so worst case scenario we can just let him walk. Low risk, high reward. I'd at least inquire about it if I were Larry Bird.
    Last edited by Kofi; 01-26-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Gerald Green Wants Out of Minnesota

I'd do Harrison for Green in a heartbeat.

Mood

Interesting idea, I would do it.

Would Minny, though?

I think we'd all agree that we'd move Harrison for loose change if we could, despite the fact that the one thing this team doesn't need is another raw swingman.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

YEs they would, they need a big body beside Al Jefferson lol
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

After watching Green play for a couple of seasons here in Boston, I'm not sure that I want him. Lots of talent, but Bender-level basketball IQ. But I agree that a Harrison for Green trade would be about the right amount of risk to take on him.
    Last edited by BostonConnection; 01-26-2008 at 01:13 PM.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

sweabs

Remember when some were upset we didn't take Green over Granger in the draft?

Whatever...he's not good.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I like the trade,but he would make the 458th sf/sg.

We already have Stephen Graham anyway, who is as good as Green, but Stephen doesnt get any PT.

For these reasons, I dont like this trade right now.

We can't trade Harrison. We need someone to provide comic relief.

LMAO. . .Why that would be something we need, we could trade Williams for Green. We need more athletic guys who can attack the basket when the shots aren't fallin'. And we don't have J.O.
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever...he's not good.
    Neither is Harrison, who I'd be happy if we cut. It would basically be like getting the dude for free.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Would Minny, though?
    Considering that McHale sent Kevin Garnet to his good friend Danny Ainge in Boston I don't see why he wouldn't send something to best bud Larry in Indy.

Banned

For all the talk that he looks instinct and basketball IQ, he's actually been a fairly productive player in what time he's been given in his career.

His career three-point percentage is higher than Kareem Rush's (36.8 vs 36.1) and would rank third on our team, behind only Granger (37.4) and Owens (40.4).

A guy that young, with his athleticism, who can shoot, would be worth taking a chance on.

I'd do it. But I think I've made it clear that Gerald is worth giving a look. Dude hasn't developed as some had anticipated but his overall skillset at this point is pretty nice and given a consistent, established role his knowledge for the game may increase.

Harrison is worthless anyway, might as well move his sorry *** for somebody interesting.

McHale is just stupid enough to let this guy walk, too bad Bird has been trained to only make a move when its your last option.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Neither is Harrison, who I'd be happy if we cut. It would basically be like getting the dude for free.
    Well...It's not like Harrison for Green is realistic. I imagine there may be one of the other 28 GMs in the League that will offer something better than a recently outed pro-ganja center who fouls everyone and will be a free agent in June.

David aint enough and Ike or Shawne is too much. We got no good offer for him. And since he's not good, that's fine.

Seattle will give them Sene or Atlanta Sheldon or something if they want a big.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Well...It's not like Harrison for Green is realistic.
    Which is what I said in the fourth post of this thread.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Just sign him cheap this summer if you want him. Or let someone else be stupid enough to give him more money.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not sure which question to ask first: why the pacers would want Gerald Green, or the TWolves would want David Harrison...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

This is gold:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...s/050629&num=0
    Bill Simmons
    ESPN.com

Antoine Wright to the Nets at No. 15, Joey Graham to the Raptors at No. 16. Sorry, I can't concentrate on this draft anymore – the Celtics are one pick away from getting one of the top-six prospects at No. 18 (Green or Granger). This is incredible – it's like we tanked the 2005 season even though we didn't. My Dad and I have officially moved to "Stay on the phone through the Celtics pick with our fingers crossed" mode.

9:13 – Indiana takes Granger, the only guy in this draft other than Paul who could have played in last week's Spurs-Pistons series – now he's going to one of the most talented teams in the league? Yikes. My disappointed father (a Granger fan) immediately brings up the '85 Draft when the Pistons took Joe Dumars one spot ahead of the Celtics. That leads to this exchange:

–Me: "Well, Green went No. 3 in just about every mock draft this week – he's supposedly the closest thing in the draft to Kobe and T-Mac since Kobe and T-Mac."

–Dad (shuffling through his USA Today): "Yeah, the USA Today has him No. 3 … (getting more excited ) … No. 3! (legitimately excited) … Wow! Let's take him!"

That was fast.

9:15 – I'm telling you, Vitale is like Confucius tonight. He just had this rant after the Granger pick: "I get so carried away sometimes hearing all these people talking about quickness, jumping ability, wingspan, hey, this isn't track and field, this is basketball!" Listening to Dickie V tonight makes me feel like Katie Holmes hearing Tom Cruise discuss Scientology for the first time – I feel like he's unlocking a key to a higher being or something. Or, it might just be the blood-red background.

9:17 – And the Celtics take … Gerald Green!

(Woo-hoo! Yippee! Yee-hah! Hey now! Hi-ho!)

According to Andy Katz, the Celtics are absolutely thrilled, adding that Portland, Atlanta and Denver have already called to try to get this pick. Bilas adds, "an insane athlete … great pick at 18." Green tells us that it was "God's plan." On ESPN.com, Chad Ford calls it the "second steal of the draft." Stu Scott tells us that Green was cut by his high school team ("just like a guy named Michael Jordan"). My Dad says, "Trade Pierce! Trade Pierce! Let's build around the kids!" And ESPN tells us that his nickname is G-Money. Just a satisfying three minutes all around. I get to root for Big Al and G-Money for the next 15 years. What could be better than that?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I'm not sure which question to ask first: why the pacers would want Gerald Green, or the TWolves would want David Harrison...
    Green's a young, athletic guard who can shoot and still has a lot of upside. When your back court consists of Tinsley, Diener, Owens, Rush, Daniels, and a SF in Dunleavy, it can't possibly hurt to take a look at someone like Green. If he doesn't impress management, he can walk at the end of the season, which is what's likely to happen with Harrison anyways. No harm, no foul.

The Wolves big men, outside of Jefferson, are either undersized (Smith, Richard), washed up garbage (Ratliff, Doleac), or both (Madsen). Harrison, at the very least, is a guy with great size, who's a major shot blocker and provides a decent low post threat. He'll also help take some of the beatings off of Jefferson. And he's young, cheap, and a FA at seasons end meaning there's virtually no risk with him (unless he kills someone on the court between now and the end of the season).

It's virtually 0 risk, high reward for both teams. Makes perfect sense to me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Green's a twig that hasn't improved on anything except his ability to dunk in an empty gym. He'll be out of the league in 3 years, which makes him a year better than Harrison.

It's virtually 0 risk, high reward for both teams
    Zero risk? For Minnesota? Why would they want that walking headache on their team for any amount of time?

The last thing you need on a last-place team is a guy that is known for nonconstructive attitude.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-26-2008 at 09:22 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I like this one better, Hicks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...3&sportCat=nba

Bill Simmons
    ESPN.com

Reason No. 12,352 why I love the NBA: All the teams that stupidly passed on Danny Granger three summers ago, which was moronic at the time (check out my 2005 draft diary) and seems 10 times dumber now that he's lighting it up under Obie. Anyway, I heard a great story once about Larry Bird discussing a 2005 draft-day trade with another GM in which the Pacers would have traded down from No. 17, but when the Raptors took Joey Graham at No. 16, Bird squealed in delight and screamed, "I gotta go; we're gonna get Danny Granger!" Then he hung up on the guy.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post

The last thing you need on a last-place team is a guy that is known for nonconstructive attitude.
    Yep. Harrison's not moveable coming off the drug suspension. His value is less than 0.