Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63

Thread: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Thumbs down Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    We now hold the #11 pick!

    I'm reminded of an old Bob Knight quote:

    "If rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."

    Without JO and Tinsley, we may well be one of the five worst teams in the NBA. We'll find out on Saturday.

    DID YOU KNOW: The Pacers have now lost to 7 of the 10 teams below us in the current standings. The only exceptions are the Heat, Knicks, and Sixers.

  2. #2

    Default Pacers/Bucks Post Game 44: Seeing Redd

    (19-25)
    1 2 3 4 Total
    Indiana 32 18 23 19 92 Final
    Milwaukee 32 20 22 30 104
    (17-26)
    Indiana
    Name Min FG 3Pt FT +/- Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts
    T. Diener G 40:02 4-12 2-7 5-5 -8 1 1 9 1 1 0 1 1 15
    K. Rush G 34:40 5-11 4-5 0-0 -4 0 4 1 2 0 0 1 2 14
    J. Foster C 24:31 5-6 0-0 3-3 +1 2 6 3 1 2 0 1 2 13
    M. Dunleavy F 39:14 6-11 2-4 8-8 -5 0 6 5 2 0 1 0 2 22
    D. Granger F 38:23 8-17 3-7 1-1 -3 1 9 2 4 0 0 0 2 20
    T. Murphy 23:29 2-5 0-1 0-0 -13 2 6 2 2 0 0 0 5 4
    M. Daniels 18:25 1-7 0-2 0-0 -13 2 4 1 1 0 0 2 3 2
    S. Williams 9:37 0-6 0-3 0-0 -9 1 4 0 2 0 0 0 2 0
    A. Owens 9:22 1-3 0-0 0-0 -6 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 2
    S. Graham 2:16 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0
    I. Diogu DNP - Coach's Decision
    D. Harrison DNP - Coach's Decision
    Totals 32-78 11-29 17-17 10 41 26 15 3 1 5 20 92
    Percentages: .410 .379 1.000 Team Rebounds: 4
    Milwaukee
    Name Min FG 3Pt FT +/- Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts
    M. Redd G 45:31 13-29 5-13 6-6 +10 0 5 5 0 1 0 0 4 37
    M. Williams G 34:53 4-10 1-4 0-0 +9 1 4 9 0 1 0 0 4 9
    A. Bogut C 31:27 7-11 0-0 3-7 +10 0 7 3 2 0 3 0 3 17
    B. Simmons F 30:08 6-13 3-8 1-2 +2 2 8 3 2 3 0 1 3 16
    Y. Jianlian F 12:57 2-6 0-0 2-2 -9 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 6
    C. Bell 29:22 4-7 2-5 0-0 +18 1 2 2 3 2 0 0 0 10
    R. Ivey 21:16 1-2 1-1 2-2 +8 0 3 5 0 0 0 0 0 5
    C. Villanueva 17:46 2-5 0-0 0-0 +10 1 4 3 1 0 1 0 2 4
    M. Ruffin 16:32 0-0 0-0 0-0 +2 5 7 0 0 1 1 0 2 0
    A. Storey 0:04 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    D. Gadzuric DNP - Coach's Decision
    J. Voskuhl DNP - Coach's Decision
    Totals 39-83 12-31 14-19 11 41 30 9 8 5 1 20 104
    Percentages: .470 .387 .737 Team Rebounds: 9
    Game Info
    Technical Fouls: None

  3. #3
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,008

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We now hold the #11 pick!

    I'm reminded of an old Bob Knight quote:

    "If rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."

    Without JO and Tinsley, we may well be one of the five worst teams in the NBA. We'll find out on Saturday.

    DID YOU KNOW: The Pacers have now lost to 7 of the 10 teams below us in the current standings. The only exceptions are the Heat, Knicks, and Sixers.
    And with JO and Tinsley we're no better....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  4. #4
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,519

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/prof...emthabeet.html

    Currently projected to go #11 as per NBAdraft.net

  5. #5
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "If rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."
    Sounds like a country song....


    This is one of the few games I've missed. Can someone give a quick albeit frustrated summary of our play? Much appreciated.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Looks like I got served by Shade...

  7. #7
    Member Raoul Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philawarepraguacago
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    We're that much closer to keeping EJ in Indiana.

  8. #8
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And with JO and Tinsley we're no better....
    Now, that's not true. With JO and Tinsley we're only one of the 15 worst teams in the NBA.

  9. #9
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone give a quick albeit frustrated summary of our play? Much appreciated.
    We sucked.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,392

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like a country song....


    This is one of the few games I've missed. Can someone give a quick albeit frustrated summary of our play? Much appreciated.
    We suuuuucked. Marquis Daniels? He suuuucked. Shawne? Suuuucked. Our bench...suuuuucked. Our starters? Not that bad really. But the game? It suuuucked...

    EDIT: See above.

  11. #11
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Let's drop the sexual assault talk... we're classier than that.

  12. #12
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like I got served by Shade...
    It's MY time to shine!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    I guess the highlight of this is... Michael Redd was a mid SECOND round draft pick... I figure eventually we have to get lucky in the draft.

  14. #14
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Woo! We get to halt Miami's 15-game losing streak!

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,392

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woo! We get to halt Miami's 15-game losing streak!
    There's no way we win that game. Wade will score 34 points. I guarantee it.

  16. #16
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no way we win that game. Wade will score 34 points. I guarantee it.
    I hope Wade drops 50 on us. The least he can do is help my fantasy team.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    #11, and not that far out of the top 7. Remember, Portland was #7 last year when they won the lottery. Once you get that high, you have a legit (albeit still fairly small) chance of actually landing a top-3 pick.

    Eric Gordan/Michael Beasley/Derrick Rose/DeAndre Jordan/Donte Greene...it's all good.

  18. #18
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    heat lose....15 in a row. We are right up their alley...I think i'll go root for jackson and the warriors...yeah I like rooting for underdogs plus i still like jackson and baby al.
    And we are awesome i would just like to add! The tank is on! losing this next one to miami should be fun...I bet we lead by 15 then blow it in the 4th only to lose on a last 2nd fadeaway 3 by wade at the buzzer.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  19. #19
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope Wade drops 50 on us. The least he can do is help my fantasy team.
    you know shade I have danny on my team so it's awesome he's getting more touches...now if only we could just use him like T-mac and run the offense completely through him! Cause come on...who wants to see dunleavy shaking himself all the time? Gosh if someone can make me an avatar of dun dun shaking himself props will be given!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess the highlight of this is... Michael Redd was a mid SECOND round draft pick... I figure eventually we have to get lucky in the draft.
    Stanko Barac is gonna be an incredible player. I'll say it right now....he's gonna be better than Dwight Howard.

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    You really think we're good enough to require a last second shot? Miami wins handily, 97-111.

  22. #22
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,008

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like a country song....


    This is one of the few games I've missed. Can someone give a quick albeit frustrated summary of our play? Much appreciated.
    I think we just ran out of steam in the 4th. We didn't look that bad on offense tonight (thru 3 qtrs) but we couldn't keep the Bucks off the offensive glass so they got a lot of second (and 3rd) looks.

    Once again, without JO we do a better job on defense of closing out on people coming open behind the arc, but our guards cannot stop the penetration. True, you could have JO in there playing goalie, but then we collapse inside on penetration and can't recover for the kick out.

    I thought most of the Bucks longer looks tonight was because they scrubbed their defender off, not so much due to a drive and kick.

    I'm fine with Diener over Jamaal (of course you know I'd say that). At least Diener looks like he cares and he DOES push the ball and get the offense initiated quickly. And he's consistent. His lowest low is nowhere near Jamaal's lowest lows and his attitude is better. Neither can play defense, but again, Diener at least looks like he cares. Let me know the next time Diener goes "Tinsley" and pulls out the pouts or "oneupsmanship" crap.

    Once again, in the waning moments we took a questionable shot. When the other team has momentum building and a once tight game is starting to drift away, I say scrap the rushed 3 and run some offense and try and get a nice midrange shot or a backdoor layup. Save the rushed '3' for 2 secs left in the shotclock. But nooooooo we race up the court and take a quick 3 with a defender close enough to be a factor. I don't question a quick 3 when it's open, but I certainly question one when it is rushed and I question it moreso when the smart play is to get a high percentage shot to stem the tide (of the other team's little run).

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,392

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stanko Barac is gonna be an incredible player. I'll say it right now....he's gonna be better than Dwight Howard.
    Duh dude. Everybody can tell already.


    Somebody put Jim O'Brien in that tank please.

  24. #24
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we just ran out of steam in the 4th. We didn't look that bad on offense tonight (thru 3 qtrs) but we couldn't keep the Bucks off the offensive glass so they got a lot of second (and 3rd) looks.

    Once again, without JO we do a better job on defense of closing out on people coming open behind the arc, but our guards cannot stop the penetration. True, you could have JO in there playing goalie, but then we collapse inside on penetration and can't recover for the kick out.

    I thought most of the Bucks longer looks tonight was because they scrubbed their defender off, not so much due to a drive and kick.

    I'm fine with Diener over Jamaal (of course you know I'd say that). At least Diener looks like he cares and he DOES push the ball and get the offense initiated quickly. And he's consistent. His lowest low is nowhere near Jamaal's lowest lows and his attitude is better. Neither can play defense, but again, Diener at least looks like he cares. Let me know the next time Diener goes "Tinsley" and pulls out the pouts or "oneupsmanship" crap.

    Once again, in the waning moments we took a questionable shot. When the other team has momentum building and a once tight game is starting to drift away, I say scrap the rushed 3 and run some offense and try and get a nice midrange shot or a backdoor layup. Save the rushed '3' for 2 secs left in the shotclock. But nooooooo we race up the court and take a quick 3 with a defender close enough to be a factor. I don't question a quick 3 when it's open, but I certainly question one when it is rushed and I question it moreso when the smart play is to get a high percentage shot to stem the tide (of the other team's little run).

    -Bball
    Thanks a lot (and Shade for the Cliffnotes version). Sounds like a frustrating game. Then again, that's most of the season. I have to say that I've never more split on the tanking thing. Last year, I wanted them to rob, steal, and kill, anything that got a win. Now, with a talent like Beasley almost up for grabs, I don't know.

    Here's to studying for a Final exam on the day after the last day of school!

  25. #25
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers vs. Bucks Post-Game Thread: Pacers move up two draft spots

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Duh dude. Everybody can tell already.


    Somebody put Jim O'Brien in that tank please.
    Jim's way ahead of you:


Similar Threads

  1. Odd thoughts about the Miami game
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 08:34 PM
  2. 01/24/2008 Game Thread 44: Pacers at Bucks
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 10:27 PM
  3. 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 285
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 11:45 PM
  4. 01/08/2008 Game Thread 36: Pacers at Jazz
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 11:38 PM
  5. 12/15/2007 Game Thread 24: Pacers at Heat
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 308
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •