Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79

Thread: To all IU fans...

  1. #1
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default To all IU fans...

    I hope y'all enjoy your one year of Eric Gordon. I know us Boiler fans will enjoy 4 years of Robbie Hummel.

    Last night: 15 pts, 11 rebs, 5 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 TO.

    Season: 10.7 pts, 6 rebs, 2.8 asts, 48% FG, 44% 3 pt.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope y'all enjoy your one year of Eric Gordon. I know us Boiler fans will enjoy 4 years of Robbie Hummel.

    Last night: 15 pts, 11 rebs, 5 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 TO.

    Season: 10.7 pts, 6 rebs, 2.8 asts, 48% FG, 44% 3 pt.
    +


    I have been a IU fan since the 1950's, and don't like the direction they took in hiring Sampson. I think there is a cloud over the program now, unlike any time in the past. I never cared for Purdue simply because I was a die hard IU fan, however I do think that Painter has that program headed for success and enjoy the way he has the present Purdue team playing. I enjoy players who commit to a team and play the four years of college ball, however times have changed and coaches really don't care whether a player stays for four years as long as they can bring quick results.

  3. #3
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    This is on the Pacers board and not the Sports/Entertainment board because....?

  4. #4
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +


    I have been a IU fan since the 1950's, and don't like the direction they took in hiring Sampson. I think there is a cloud over the program now, unlike any time in the past. I never cared for Purdue simply because I was a die hard IU fan, however I do think that Painter has that program headed for success and enjoy the way he has the present Purdue team playing. I enjoy players who commit to a team and play the four years of college ball, however times have changed and coaches really don't care whether a player stays for four years as long as they can bring quick results.
    There are a lot of things to like about Painter. I love that he gives kids a second chance and then boots them if they screw it up. Gordon Watt would have gotten 15-20 mpg on this team, but Painter didn't hesitate to release him when he got his second DUI. I also love that he's managed to convince every player who steps on the court that aggressive defense and ball movement are the keys to victory. I haven't been this excited about Purdue basketball since Glen Robinson. I really think that with this crop of freshman and sophomores, plus the kids coming in next year, Purdue will be a Big Ten title type of team and a top 10 team in the nation.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  5. #5
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,487

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Two words. Devin Ebanks.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #6
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two words. Devin Ebanks.
    Man, now I gotta go google somebody.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  7. #7
    Good Job Larry! Indianapolis_girly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Central Indiana.
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Oh yes, Gordon is a great player.
    Yeah, too bad he'll probably most likely go into the draft
    I'm like the only IU fan in my household, the rest are Purdue people, but I've gotta give Purdue credit, they're playing really good basketball right now with such a young team.


    Some people want it to happen, some
    wish it would happen, & others make it happen.
    ..Michael Jordan.

    Pressure is something you feel when
    you don't know what the hell you're
    doing.
    ..Peyton Manning.

  8. #8

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Sampson can recruit, if he learns to stay off the phone a little things will be fine. The "too many calls" is really a minor thing.
    Gordon will be replaced and the next Gordon will be replaced. As for Purdue.... How many NCAA BANNERS DO THEY HAVE HANGING?
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  9. #9
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,487

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, now I gotta go google somebody.
    I'll save ya some time. Ebanks is IU's top recruit next year. He is a 6'8" SF who can shoot the lights out. He will likely be at IU for at least two years and should be able to fill Gordon's shoes very nicely.
    Here is his scout page:
    http://indiana.scout.com/a.z?s=170&p=8&c=1&nid=2087922

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #10
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,487

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +


    I have been a IU fan since the 1950's, and don't like the direction they took in hiring Sampson. I think there is a cloud over the program now, unlike any time in the past. I never cared for Purdue simply because I was a die hard IU fan, however I do think that Painter has that program headed for success and enjoy the way he has the present Purdue team playing. I enjoy players who commit to a team and play the four years of college ball, however times have changed and coaches really don't care whether a player stays for four years as long as they can bring quick results.
    There is a cloud over IU basketball right now? Seems pretty freakin' sunny to me.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. #11
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope y'all enjoy your one year of Eric Gordon. I know us Boiler fans will enjoy 4 years of Robbie Hummel.

    Last night: 15 pts, 11 rebs, 5 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 TO.

    Season: 10.7 pts, 6 rebs, 2.8 asts, 48% FG, 44% 3 pt.
    Spoken like a true Boiler.



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  12. #12
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are a lot of things to like about Painter. I love that he gives kids a second chance and then boots them if they screw it up. Gordon Watt would have gotten 15-20 mpg on this team, but Painter didn't hesitate to release him when he got his second DUI. I also love that he's managed to convince every player who steps on the court that aggressive defense and ball movement are the keys to victory. I haven't been this excited about Purdue basketball since Glen Robinson. I really think that with this crop of freshman and sophomores, plus the kids coming in next year, Purdue will be a Big Ten title type of team and a top 10 team in the nation.
    Despite growing up a Purdue-hating Hoosier fan, I agree with everything you say here. I'm pretty excited for Purdue also. They have a great coach, and a good young core of motivated, committed basketball players. It is a pleasure to watch them play most nights.

    I'm a little biased. Chris Kramer is from the town I live in, and I work in the same building as his father, so I get to see photos and hear stories....He is a very nice guy, and I have no doubt he will go far. Coach Painter is a disciplinarian, but doles it out the way it should be done. Nothing but respect for him and their current team. I hope they come in second in the Big Ten, and won't be broken hearted if they best my beloved Hoosiers, in a game, in a season, or in the tourney.



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  13. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,848

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope y'all enjoy your one year of Eric Gordon. I know us Boiler fans will enjoy 4 years of Robbie Hummel.

    Last night: 15 pts, 11 rebs, 5 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 TO.

    Season: 10.7 pts, 6 rebs, 2.8 asts, 48% FG, 44% 3 pt.
    So, how many Final Fours should I put Purdue down for...?

  14. #14
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: To all IU fans...

    I know I'm going to enjoy it!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: To all IU fans...

    I've never been anti-IU or anti-Purdue. I didn't attend either college, so I could care less. All I know is they're both Indiana schools, so I root for both of them regardless. IU looks awesome, and even without Gordon and White, they have some talent and will continue getting top-tier talent because of Kelvin Sampson and the schools prestige. Purdue themselves have a very nice freshman class, and Matt Painter looks like he's on his way to bring them back to a perennial top 25 team, which I think is great.

    I'm just glad that, after close to a decade of mediocrity, both schools are back on track. Butler also looks pretty good.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a cloud over IU basketball right now? Seems pretty freakin' sunny to me.


    You have not been paying attention or don't care, either way you are wrong.

  17. #17
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,487

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have not been paying attention or don't care, either way you are wrong.
    Well when you put it that way...

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well when you put it that way...

    Well maybe your wrong.

  19. #19
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,399
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope y'all enjoy your one year of Eric Gordon. I know us Boiler fans will enjoy 4 years of Robbie Hummel.

    Last night: 15 pts, 11 rebs, 5 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 TO.

    Season: 10.7 pts, 6 rebs, 2.8 asts, 48% FG, 44% 3 pt.
    One word....Wofford


    Don't start thumping your drum just yet. Until your class of super Freshman can beat that team in your own building PUke fans have lost their right to brag.

  20. #20
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,487

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well maybe your wrong.
    I mean I assume the cloud you're referring to is Sampson and his various transgressions. While its not an ideal world to live in, it is the world we live in. Say what you want about Sampson and the way he handles his recruiting etc. but the man can coach the game of basketball, and thats what I thought we hired him for.
    I can understand some people saying they don't like Sampson as a person, thats fine. A bunch of people didn't like Bob Knight (granted for different reasons), but I don't see how you can say the whole program has a cloud over it.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #21
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One word....Wofford
    Good point, but accentuating any point with a picture of Ashton Kutcher makes me question your judgement more than a little.

    We'll see how good Purdue really is tommorrow against Wisconsin.

    Heywoode - I've heard that Kramer has a little brother that's pretty good. Maybe he'll end up a Boiler too, eh? Kramer's pretty much my favorite player on the team. He's like a PG version of Brian Cardinal, and I say that with the utmost respect.

    Oh, and by the way, over the last 20 years, Purdue and IU have the exact same amount of titles: 0.

    I wish you guys all the best this year, though. White and Gordon are quite a combo. Sampson also started his coaching career in Montana, where I now live. He's got quite a following here.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  22. #22
    Member tdubb03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: To all IU fans...

    I can't wait for February 19th, Gordon v. Kramer is going to be fun to watch.

  23. #23

    Default Re: To all IU fans...

    i completely agree with elgin56.
    i worry sampson will get caught again (would be a 3rd time then). i don't consider his transgressions to be minor at all. his minor stuff was hundreds too many phone calls at his old school -hundreds. then in his very 1st year here- he gets caught for the same old s...
    he cost the program a scholarship. i don't count that as minor.
    that was punishment from the university. no word yet as far as i know from what the ncaa might decide to do as well.
    i think this whole sampson thing reminds me of the days of ron artest being here and doing something stupid and hoping he would finally stop it and get it or more recently wondering if jo or jt can stay healthy. i just knew it was only a matter of time before something bad was gonna happen it was never very long before it did.
    i don't believe it will be very long before sampson is in trouble again. probably 3-4 years.
    he will probably try to pass the blame onto a scapegoat again and if he is getting the blue chipers and iu is ranked high in the national polls as a contender- there will certainly be apologists.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: To all IU fans...

    Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i completely agree with elgin56.
    i worry sampson will get caught again (would be a 3rd time then). i don't consider his transgressions to be minor at all. his minor stuff was hundreds too many phone calls at his old school -hundreds. then in his very 1st year here- he gets caught for the same old s...
    he cost the program a scholarship. i don't count that as minor.
    that was punishment from the university. no word yet as far as i know from what the ncaa might decide to do as well.
    i think this whole sampson thing reminds me of the days of ron artest being here and doing something stupid and hoping he would finally stop it and get it or more recently wondering if jo or jt can stay healthy. i just knew it was only a matter of time before something bad was gonna happen it was never very long before it did.
    i don't believe it will be very long before sampson is in trouble again. probably 3-4 years.
    he will probably try to pass the blame onto a scapegoat again and if he is getting the blue chipers and iu is ranked high in the national polls as a contender- there will certainly be apologists.

    Yep, however it seems as though you and I are in the minority on this, and most fans are just interested in the bottom line, winning at any cost. If IU did win it all this year or any year with Sampson as their coach, it would leave me with an empty feeling with no joy in their accomplishment.

  25. #25
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,748

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: To all IU fans...

    Yes because we all know that IU is the only school getting caught for recruiting violations.

    The NCAA is built on retarded rules (yes I know rules are rules) but when they start looking into John Wooden because he bought Kevin Love a meal and is still on their payrole, you know they'll jump on anything.

    Majerius was punished for buying some of his players fast food meals when they were on the road, and I guaruntee that he didn't lose any PR battles in the public eye.

    Can't make any more telephone calls? Easy. Text them and tell them to call you. Problem solved.

    This is the same organization that accepted Ball State's self-imposed punishment during the textbook "scandal" then three years later decided it wasn't good enough and refined them.

    Every coach in every sport in every NCAA sactioned college breaks multiple NCAA rules every season. You're just plain niave if you think there's one person out there squeaky clean.

    The number or hours for practice would easily be the number one thing. I know of programs that have had players kicked off the team for missing too many nonmadatory team functions.

    But yeah, too many phone calls sure takes away the joy and leaves an empty feeling.

    And then we can get on the subject that NCAA bans any athlete, no matter the age, against consuming alcohol and even caffine. Having one can of Red Bull, or even coffee will give them a positive drug test.

Similar Threads

  1. Useful Info for Fans with Kids
    By joeyd in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 05:20 AM
  2. Isiah hears fans, in it 'til end [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 08:00 PM
  3. Bill Simmons on Knick fans
    By Ransom in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 04:53 PM
  4. are any of you Colts fans also diehard IU basketball fans?
    By Slick Pinkham in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •