Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will Harrison return

Default When will Harrison return

Today's game is the 5th & final game he was suspended for.

What will TPTB do with him after today?

Default Re: When will Harrison return

I hope he never returns.

But on a more practical level, I think it will be extremely difficult for him to get back into even the extended rotation. Pacers are going small, and I would hope Ike has moved ahead of David

Only if we play Miami so he can guard Shaq, but he' won't even be able to do that!!! I like the current rotation, and hope Stephen Graham can get more PT. I loved watching him the last game
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think (and hope) we'll see very little of Harrison from this point on. I have completely given up on him, and don't want to see him manage to play his way into a new contract with us.

Foster
    Murphy
    Williams
    Diogu
    Granger
    Dunleavy
    Rush
    Daniels
    Tinsley
    Diener

This should be our rotation for the rest of the season.

Last I saw, Ike had been suspiciously absent as well...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I hope David gets the starting spot. He has produced well when he starts. David is our only real C so he needs to be on the floor instead of Murphy.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpolloloco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope David gets the starting spot. He has produced well when he starts. David is our only real C so he needs to be on the floor instead of Murphy.
    I don't think Harrison could start even if Murphy, Ike, Oneal and Foster is out
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

FWIW, I was reading a recent issue of Sports Illustrated this weekend. In it was a little Who's hot, Who's not blurb. DH was at the top of the Who's Not list with a quote from JOB saying, "David Harrison didn't deserve to be on the floor with us before the suspension."

Sports Logo

With Small Ball and our lack of real Big Men that can actually defend.....other then Foster.....I really don't mind giving him a run.

I would be in favor of giving him some minutes if Murphy has one of his many offnights on the offensive end. If anything....he's better at taking up space in the paint then Murphy is and may even be a better shot-blocker.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-21-2008 at 11:17 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I think I'd like to have Bird grow a spine & cut the guy.

He's been talking like a hard *** for 3 years now, prove it.

Mood

I hope they ship him out somewhere. There is gonna be a GM who will think they can turn him around.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Find any way to prevent him from being on the court. We've taken too much crap from him and he's a 10th man on a decent team at best. Not a good combination.

I'd rather have Sims or that hairy guy from the Mad Ants in his roster spot at this point. DH has just been too much.

Sports Logo

I know that many of you hate his on-off the court issues......but stepping back and looking at this from a point of need......assuming that there is a small possiblility that he can return to the way he was earlier in the season ( probably when he wasn't taking anything considered illegal ), don't you think that he could be useful in this "Small Ball" lineup where we actually need someone that can possibly deter the opposing team from driving to the hoop?

I'm not asking to ignore what he has done that earned your hate for him....but if he could come in for 10-15 minutes to simply hold and clog up the paint with his wide 280 pound frame so that we wouldn't have to entirely rely on Murphy to be the only Big Man outside of Foster to man the Center spot...I would be happy with that.

Right now, I feel that there is a greater need for him IF Murphy isn't hitting his shots and opposing teams are killing us inside the paint.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-22-2008 at 11:09 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Can't say he will turn it around, but I hope he does. Maybe this was his wake up call. And with our need down there, maybe just maybe, he can lay off the green long enough to see the bigger picture.

I gaurantee if Harrison can lay off his partying ways for the rest of the season we will see an improvement by the playoffs.

Now do we even bother signing him again if he does something amazing now? Whos to say he won't start smokin again. But now that we know, can we drug test him more?

Personally Im thinking that too many NBA players are getting high. I cant say that Im totally against it, but it definitely will not benfit your body and mind over time.

Sure there are exceptions in everything, but as a general rule everything in moderation is okay, and an everyday habbit isnt moderate.

Now if your doing it on beach for a reward of accomplishment that is one thing. Smoking everyday, it definitely holds you down. I know first hand.

But hey at least hes only getting high. He hasnt had any run ins with the law. I dont think hes an inherently bad person, and his ability to stay out of trouble outside of pot, on this team, of all teams, could say something.

If he can just lay off it, he probably would be worth having around. Im glad JOB and Bird know now, maybe they can really affect him positively now with treatment counseling etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    I think I'd like to have Bird grow a spine & cut the guy.

He's been talking like a hard *** for 3 years now, prove it.
    Sometimes I have the feeling there's a double standard on how we react to the players on our team.

Why isn't there the same reaction to Tinsley, Williams or Daniels who have been found with weed in their car too!

If you want Bird to be a hardliner then he needs to throw these guys off the team too, not only Harrison.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Having weed found in your car is not the same as being suspended by the NBA for failing your THIRD drug test due to weed.

Sometimes I have the feeling there's a double standard on how we react to the players on our team.

Why isn't there the same reaction to Tinsley, Williams or Daniels who have been found with weed in their car too!

If you want Bird to be a hardliner then he needs to throw these guys off the team too, not only Harrison.
    I've been for kicking Tinsley's sorry *** out the door for at least 2 years. Daniels is border line too.

It takes more than one run in to get on my bad side so Williams still has a little rope left.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS04/801230481

C David Harrison's five-game suspension for a third positive drug test has ended and he'll be in uniform for tonight's game.

O'Brien indicated he won't hesitate to play him off the bench.

"He gives us a low-post presence that we need," O'Brien said. "Sometimes Ike (Diogu) has bigger people guarding him down low, so we need David as a factor offensively and also defensively. When he's playing at a high level, he's very effective."
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS04/801230481

C David Harrison's five-game suspension for a third positive drug test has ended and he'll be in uniform for tonight's game.

O'Brien indicated he won't hesitate to play him off the bench.

"He gives us a low-post presence that we need," O'Brien said. "Sometimes Ike (Diogu) has bigger people guarding him down low, so we need David as a factor offensively and also defensively. When he's playing at a high level, he's very effective."
    I was just about to post this. O'Brien's comments certainly seem to indicate that Ike is ahead of David in the big man rotation.

I read in the recap from Monday's game that Murphy hurt his knee and couldn't play, hence minutes for Ike. Has anybody else heard about this? I realize that a Murphy injury would be a welcome event for many folks around here.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Yeah Murphy didn't play in the 2nd half and the Philly announcers said it was a bruised knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Yeah Murphy didn't play in the 2nd half and the Philly announcers said it was a bruised knee.
    Is it a "he'll be fine and play tonight / normal person" bruised knee, or is it a "I'll sit out two weeks, maybe the rest of the season / JO-style" bruised knee?
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Sports Logo

I know that he has had these off-the-court issues.....but like it or not.....we need him more now then we don't.

If Murphy is out ( which can sometimes be a blessing in disguise ), I would easily go with Foster, Ike then Harrison in the Center spot......but I would like to see what Harrison can do with 10-15 in this Small Ball lineup. I really think that his wide frame can cause problems for teams that continually drive to the hoop.

It said in the Star today that Murphy is "questionable" for the game tonight, but they still listed him in the starting lineup. Wouldn't be surprised to see him not play though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I know that he has had these off-the-court issues.....but like it or not.....we need him more now then we don't.

If Murphy is out ( which can sometimes be a blessing in disguise ), I would easily go with Foster, Ike then Harrison in the Center spot......but I would like to see what Harrison can do with 10-15 in this Small Ball lineup. I really think that his wide frame can cause problems for teams that continually drive to the hoop.
    Hulk does get up and down the court pretty well for a big man. And thats what we need for our big man to do in the "small ball" style of play. He and Jeff are our best big men for this style of play.

Hey look at it this way (and not that I condone it by any means), but I have joked on here several times that all Hulk needs to do, is take some Prozac and he'll be fine. Maybe his weed was "supposed" to be the medical marijuana substitute kind for the prozac. I would think that the weed would mellow him out like prozac is supposed to.