Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Ron did was DIRTY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default What Ron did was DIRTY

He'll obviously never learn.

Default Re: What Ron did was DIRTY

CHILL. It wasn't even that bad. Rip is a pussy actor, that's all.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

sweabs

It wasn't a good decision by Ron obviously - but Rip pulled a nice Reggie Miller on us! It was a nice acting job because he basically ran into Ron's elbow...but still I'm not condoning what Ron did...he has to strike back where it counts - the scoreboard.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wasn't dirty, but very, VERY ill-advised....stupid, idiotic, childish, but not dirty

Rip basically ran into his forearm...and sold it very well...

Didn't any of you see Rip nail Ron in the nuts just before that happened. I don't condone anything that people could get seriously hurt doing but as much crap as they were doing to us I wish they would have done more.

But Ron did do some stupid things in the game, I just don't think that was that stupid. That's my opinion.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

It would take super strength to just let a guy who just hit you in the gut and comes charging at you again once you stand up continue uncontested...

No blame for Artest on that one

It was a stupid 3 pt shot though...
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Yep, I saw that. It was also curious that Ron was looking straight at the ref when the elbow happened. I don't think even Ron would pull a cheap shot while staring directly at the ref.

I was thinking just now, even if we had won, we would probably have lost game 7, since Ron woulda been suspended. The league salivates at the thought of Ron hitting somebody.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

I's interesting that the same ref couldn't see Rip's cheap shot but had no trouble seeing Ron's. Heck Rip didn't get hit as hard a JO did on a shot a couple of minutes later and there wasn't even a foul called.

All that being said, as a team, other than JO, that had to be the dumbest 3:30 of basketball I have ever seen. Between Johnson, Reggie, and Artest, I on't know who was the dumbest. Those were some very bad shots.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yep, I saw that. It was also curious that Ron was looking straight at the ref when the elbow happened. I don't think even Ron would pull a cheap shot while staring directly at the ref.

I was thinking just now, even if we had won, we would probably have lost game 7, since Ron woulda been suspended. The league salivates at the thought of Ron hitting somebody.
    Exactly, Ron was looking at the ref the entire time. He was mad he didn't get a call for the backwards butt ***** Rip gave him. He did not lunge at Rip, Rip came to him and hit the floor like he was shot.

I don't think Ron would have been suspended if we had a game 7, it was just called a flagrant 1.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

It was a dirty play, but not as bad as it would appear. I know when I get hit in the nuts, all logic goes out the window, and that is exactly what happened. The fact that the fouler was Ron Artest and the foulee was a skinny guy with a mask made it a little more dramatic. Ron didn't slug him, he just provided an arm to run into. It was dirty though... no doubt.
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

The one truly dirty play this series was Chauncy Billups grabbing an injuried Tinsley's leg earlier on. That Ron foul was dumb, but he didn't exactly pop Rip and the fact that he was nailed in the nuts somewhat justifies it in my opinion. In fact, I'm sure the refs saw that Rip hit Ron below the belt and specifically blew the whistle for a flagrant on account of that. They knew it was retaliation.

Ron did not even extend the elbow. He certainly raised his elbow, but if he did extend the elbow he would have been thrown out

Didn't see the nut/gut punch. Is that true?

Yeah, I know Rip ran into himand flopped, but it was still obviously intentional that Ron threw that forearm up there.

It was dumb, but nothing off the charts. I was most upset with the RESULTS of that act, but the thing Ron literally DID that made the most upset was that 30 foot 3 pointer.

Nerd.
    Mood

It was a dirty play, but not as bad as it would appear. I know when I get hit in the nuts, all logic goes out the window, and that is exactly what happened. The fact that the fouler was Ron Artest and the foulee was a skinny guy with a mask made it a little more dramatic. Ron didn't slug him, he just provided an arm to run into. It was dirty though... no doubt.
    Explain how it was dirty.

RIP rammed into Artest's groin first and IT SHOULD"VE been an offensive foul!

BUT ARTEST SHOULD"VE Just bodied up on him and told him to go F himself and dealt with it later.

What I don't understand is why we get hammered with no call!! I think I'd deck someone if I continually got hacked with nothing called!!

Upon re-seeing it, I change my mind. I didn't see Rip's punch beforehand, and Ron didn't extend his forearm out.

What punch? It was a butt-bump.

Explain how it was dirty.
    From what I read, Rip was bleeding from the play. But whether or not he was bleeding is irrelevant. Ron Artest made an obvious attempt to injure Rip in retaliation for something he did. His eyes lit up when his bells got jingled, and he looked right at the ref while he stuck up his arm and provided a place for Rip to run. It had nothing to do with the game of basketball. He wasn't trying to stop him from shooting, he wanted to inflict pain. It just looks more cowardly to do it to such a small dude with a mask on to boot.

I agree that it wasn't as bad as others may make it, but I think it was pretty obvious to be a dirty play. One certainly wouldn't use it as an example for a clean basketball play.
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

I'll tell you one thing, what Ron did goes on in every game underneath the basket, players get hit with elbows all the time, this was out on the wing with the floor cleared.

I think the correct call should have been a technical on Ron, not a flagrant.

And no way did he extend the elbow. Rip ran into his elbow

Rip didn't punch Ron Ron in the nuts. He was posting him up and bumped him with his butt. Totally clean, legit play. Ron Ron lost his mind and guided his elbow to the face of a guy protecting a recently healed broken nose. Of course it was dirty. And beyond that, it was galactically stupid. It cost your team the game, along with some bad shot selection down the stretch.
    Bad shot selection? We go into our best player, Oneal and he gets hammered going to the rack. We get a fast break and AJ gets hammered going to the whole Problem is, we need to learn that you have to go stronger and stuff their hands through the rim or pull a Karl Malone and go up with Knee or Foot extended to keep the defender away.

Wide open shots, not dropping...the problem the whole series. Artests dumbass flagrant didn't lose the game, it just added to the misery of it.

Water

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

It was no worse than what Karl Malone did , and I think it wasn't that Bad ..Get off Ron's Backside.

I think people are analyzing it way too much , rip put alittle hollywood on it too.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

and go up with Knee or Foot extended to keep the defender away.

Between Ron and Reggie, I think that you guys already have a pretty good idea how that is done.
    Troll
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

sc

Defneding the indefensible, how times change when it is not Chauncey tripping Tinsley.

From what I read, Rip was bleeding from the play. But whether or not he was bleeding is irrelevant. Ron Artest made an obvious attempt to injure Rip in retaliation for something he did. His eyes lit up when his bells got jingled, and he looked right at the ref while he stuck up his arm and provided a place for Rip to run. It had nothing to do with the game of basketball. He wasn't trying to stop him from shooting, he wanted to inflict pain. It just looks more cowardly to do it to such a small dude with a mask on to boot.

I agree that it wasn't as bad as others may make it, but I think it was pretty obvious to be a dirty play. One certainly wouldn't use it as an example for a clean basketball play.
    I agree with brichard. Its amazing how quick people are to call the opponent a dirty player then defend their own player against the world. I do think both players played up the pain though (something that I believe happens too much!)