Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Midseason MVP

  1. #1
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,799

    Default Midseason MVP

    Who would be your team MVP at this point in the season? I'd nominate Mike Dunleavy. He has been our most productive player. Although, it's hard to overlook Jamaal. I know that there have been some frustrating moments with him, but the case could be made that he is actually our most indispensable player right now (although Diener has been playing well of late).

  2. #2
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Junior. Easily.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    It has to be Mike Dunleavy.

  4. #4
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    I'd say Dunleavy as well. Out of all of our players we have, HIS playing well most likely increases our chances of winning a game. Granger would be a somewhat distant second.

  5. #5
    Member andreialta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pleasanton
    Age
    26
    Posts
    528

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Mike!
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Dun Dun, followed by Danny. I would say Dun Dun followed by Jamaal, closely followed by Danny, but to me Tinsley has been a pretty big (negative)distraction the last few months to the team, so that to me plummets his value for Team MVP.

    Pitty as he started out so strong.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  7. #7
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,848

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Dunleavy, then Tinsley.

    If he had come on earlier, a case could have been made for Rush as well.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    The fans who actually bothered going to games this season
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  9. #9
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,824

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Sorry to disagree with everybody but the sadest part of this season is that the MVP is Jamaal Tinsley.

    That is not a good thing btw, but when Jamaal has been on and playing the right way early on we were a much better team. Once we over used him, he got injured and couldn't play you saw what our team looked like without him. Now since he's come back he has been in a funk for whatever reason and we are not the same.

    Mike has good games and some avg. games and we can win or lose. But Jamaal has a bad game and we have almost no chance.

    I blame Bird for not getting a backup.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. #10
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fans who actually bothered going to games this season



  11. #11
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,792

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Any team that Jamaal Tinsley is an MVP of is a mediocre team going absolutely nowhere. And that being said, Tinsley is unfortunately the MVP of this team.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 01-21-2008 at 03:48 PM.

  12. #12
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,923

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Kareem Rush.

  13. #13
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,487

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any team that Jamaal Tinsley is an MVP of is a mediocre team going absolutely nowhere.
    This is true, but thats where we are right now.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #14

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Danny of course.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

  15. #15
    Member The Hustler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    522

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Jamaal, look back to those games a few months back, there is a reason he won a lot of Indy fans at the start of this season.

    I think his good play has resulted in more victories than any other player, by a long way.

    And yes, i agree, it says a lot about our team!
    'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'
    Animal Farm, by George Orwell

  16. #16
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,799

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kareem Rush.
    I am absolutely thrilled with him in the starting lineup! When the 3-pointers fly from him, there's a bit of expectation that it's going in! I hope we don't lose him in the offseason.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    It has to be Mike.

    Mike has been the most consistant all year.

    Jamaal probably was but has fallen off as of late. Same ol same ol I guess.

    Danny has sort of come and gone. Some games, great, other games no so great. He just has been a little bit inconsistant IMO.

    Kareem has came on strong as of late. Hasn't done it the whole year though like Mike. I do hope Kareem can keep up his strong play. It's great to see.

  18. #18
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,748

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think his good play has resulted in more victories than any other player, by a long way.
    And his bad play has resulted in more losses than any other player, by a long way as well.

  19. #19
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,987

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to disagree with everybody but the sadest part of this season is that the MVP is Jamaal Tinsley.

    That is not a good thing btw, but when Jamaal has been on and playing the right way early on we were a much better team. Once we over used him, he got injured and couldn't play you saw what our team looked like without him. Now since he's come back he has been in a funk for whatever reason and we are not the same.

    Mike has good games and some avg. games and we can win or lose. But Jamaal has a bad game and we have almost no chance.

    I understand your point and I have said that by far our most important player is Jamaal. But I cannot vote for him as the MVP because of what he pulled here the past week or so, and also for his at times utter lack of defensive effort.

    So JT is our most important, but the most valuable player is Mike - he has played every game - his effort level doesn't change, his understanding of the defensive and offensive system is the best on the team - No, Dunleavy has been our MVP. The team is better when he's on the floor, whether he's scoring or not
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-22-2008 at 11:05 AM.

  20. #20
    Member The Hustler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    522

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And his bad play has resulted in more losses than any other player, by a long way as well.
    Possibly true, but i think if we had played this whole season without Jamaal we would have a lot less victories than we do now, more so than any other player on this team, so, unfortunatly, i see him as being our most valuable player.
    'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'
    Animal Farm, by George Orwell

  21. #21
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Tinsley or Granger...without one of them we are sitting at 4 wins. We got this though! playoff push here we come!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  22. #22
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    I would say Kareem Rush is our most improved player at this point.

    This guy was so incredibly awful at the beginning of the season, it was painful to watch and he didn't even look like a D-League caliber player out there some nights.

    He's turned into a very solid player. I think the first night of his great play was December 12th, when he scored 22 in that win over the Bulls. Since then he's been pretty consistent about scoring in double figures.

  23. #23
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    I'd give it to Dunleavy. Tinsley is definitely the close runner up, but Tinsley's strongest number is his 8.7 assists per game. Somebody has to finish those. Shooting 45% from the floor and 41% from three, grabbing 6 boards per game, 3 assists, and a steal per game, while shooting 84% from the line I'd say Dunleavy is the man.

    Danny isn't very far behind, and if Rush remains a starter for the rest of the season and plays like he's been, he'll easily be the full season MVP. Let's not forget about Jeff Foster though. All those extra possessions have to be worth some honorable mention.

  24. #24
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,748

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Possibly true, but i think if we had played this whole season without Jamaal we would have a lot less victories than we do now, more so than any other player on this team, so, unfortunatly, i see him as being our most valuable player.
    How can the term 'valuable' mean good half the time, bad the other half? Sorry, but when I think of something valuable I want to hold on to it, or sell it because I can get a lot of worth out of it.

    Tinsley is neither. I don't want to hold on to him because in the famous words of Forrest Gump, "you never know what you're gonna get," and teams would laugh while hanging up the phone if we tried to get a trade that would actually bring in value for him.

    Like UB said, is he the most important player? Yes, unfortunately he is. But is he valuable? Hardly.

  25. #25
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: Midseason MVP

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can the term 'valuable' mean good half the time, bad the other half? Sorry, but when I think of something valuable I want to hold on to it, or sell it because I can get a lot of worth out of it.

    Tinsley is neither. I don't want to hold on to him because in the famous words of Forrest Gump, "you never know what you're gonna get," and teams would laugh while hanging up the phone if we tried to get a trade that would actually bring in value for him.

    Like UB said, is he the most important player? Yes, unfortunately he is. But is he valuable? Hardly.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •