Totals 40-94 8-28 16-22 13 44 26 15 10 3 4 22 104
    Percentages: .426 .286 .727 Team Rebounds: 9
    Game Info
    Technical Fouls: None

Banned

Default Re: Kings/Pacers Post Game 41: Pacers come up short

Welcome Stephen Graham.

Start Jeff Foster, problem solved. Nice stats for Murphy.

Banned

Very pleased with the loss. It's sad when you have to root for your team to lose in order to have hope for the future, but that's the position we're currently in.

No one pulls off the 1 of 9, 9 rebounds performance quite like Troy Murphy.

Sports Logo

I mentioned this in the Game thread...and in the previous Game threads since we went with Small Ball.....but if Foster and Murphy are our Big Man on the court defending the paint.....teams are just going to wear us down inside the paint ( like what Mikki Moore was doing ) or continually drive to the hoop ( like what the rest of the Kings were doing at the end of the game ).

Be forewarned.......the price that we have to pay for trading JONeal and moving on is poor interior defense. Before........our defense was based off of pushing the ball outside and forcing them to beat us from the outside. With 2 Big Men in the lineup...we were somewhat good at doing that....but with this Small Ball lineup....we're not that good at it. The end-result? Big Men that can't score beyond 6 feet but can dunk the ball will have career nights against us. Mark my words....when we play the Bucks and Bulls this upcoming week......Bogut and Big Ben are going to have career nights against us.

On a bright note, Stephen Graham showed us that he can actually play. I find it funny that the Pacers Play-By-Play guys mentioned that his defense may have been one of the reasons why he didn't play that much in the 4th. I thought to myself that his defense can't be any worse then anyone else's defense out there.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Poor, poor defense by the Pacers pretty much all night except for about a 4 minute stretch of the 4th quarter when the Pacers got back into it.

O'Brien was as upset as I've seen him all season.

Bad game tonight for the Pacers.

I hesitate to call out one player defensively, but I will. Tinsley's defense tonight was disgusting to me. Every replay that showed a Kings perimeter player beating his man was usually because of poor effort by Tinsley. He never steps into the path of the driver, he half-heartedly reaches and tries aimlessly to get a steal. There were probably 5 or 6 classic examples of it tonight

O'Brien in his post-game press conference looks sick to his stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate you and I hope you fall down a deep well where there is a skeleton and its hand touches your thigh at the EXACT SAME MOMENT a loud startling noise occurs. And then the whole county gets together and tries to come up with ideas of how to get you out without unleashing the skeleton upon the townsfolk, but in the end no one has any ideas and then you are forced to live with a skeleton in a well for the rest of your miserable life.

Go Pacers.
    wow. and i thought some of the things i've told people were cruel and unusual.

didn't get to follow the game tonight, but it seems like Rush is really flourishing in this new lineup.

I can't really enjoy a game where Tinsley is playing. And I'm perfectly fine with JO missing a game.

So with that preface... There were certainly some defensive lapses but I don't think having JO would've made any difference.

Well, it would've on offense... it would've meant Graham wouldn't have played and even if he would've, JO would've been clogging the paint and we'd all be talking about how worthless Graham is.

It's fun to watch a player like Graham have a night like he had. I can enjoy something like that win or lose.

But I can't enjoy watching Tinsley on the floor. I watch in anticipation for him to go to the bench. I don't get angry much any more with him still here. I'm numb to it unless we get a replay of the Phoenix game.

As long as Tinsley is here, and JO to some degree, I'm NOT going to get emotionally attached to this team. It's not worth it.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    I hate you and I hope you fall down a deep well where there is a skeleton and its hand touches your thigh at the EXACT SAME MOMENT a loud startling noise occurs. And then the whole county gets together and tries to come up with ideas of how to get you out without unleashing the skeleton upon the townsfolk, but in the end no one has any ideas and then you are forced to live with a skeleton in a well for the rest of your miserable life.

Go Pacers.
    AHAHAHAHA.. I love that elaborate and well thought out story just to attack someone on their thinking. Nice.

EDIT: But I really enjoyed Stephen Graham's performance out there tonight. He showed he has what it takes to be a regular rotation stud if he keeps it up. Could be like a Manu Ginobli if he is always like this..

Trade JO and Tinsley and we get much better.. Trade them in a package for the #1 pick in the draft and someone. Get the #1 pick and draft E. Gordon out of IU!
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 01-19-2008 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    AHAHAHAHA.. I love that elaborate and well thought out story just to attack someone on their thinking. Nice.

EDIT: But I really enjoyed Stephen Graham's performance out there tonight. He showed he has what it takes to be a regular rotation stud if he keeps it up. Could be like a Manu Ginobli if he is always like this..

Trade JO and Tinsley and we get much better.. Trade them in a package for the #1 pick in the draft and someone. Get the #1 pick and draft E. Gordon out of IU!
    We'd be lucky to get the #1 pick... in the second round... for Tins and JO.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I can't really enjoy a game where Tinsley is playing. And I'm perfectly fine with JO missing a game.

So with that preface... There were certainly some defensive lapses but I don't think having JO would've made any difference.

Well, it would've on offense... it would've meant Graham wouldn't have played and even if he would've, JO would've been clogging the paint and we'd all be talking about how worthless Graham is.

It's fun to watch a player like Graham have a night like he had. I can enjoy something like that win or lose.

But I can't enjoy watching Tinsley on the floor. I watch in anticipation for him to go to the bench. I don't get angry much any more with him still here. I'm numb to it unless we get a replay of the Phoenix game.

As long as Tinsley is here, and JO to some degree, I'm NOT going to get emotionally attached to this team. It's not worth it.

-Bball

Yeah, I'll tell you what... 13 assists ZERO turnovers... absolutely despicable play.

Roderick Wilmont!!! I miss that guy.. But hey, we got Gordon now..

And I agree with you.. People are way too hard on Tinsley.. I don't really like him, but he doesn't deserve all the talk that people say he is the reason we lose.. He does nothing wrong half the time.. Besides, it's a team game, basically Tinsley's job is to assist other people to score.. Obviously he got the job done, again.

Don't make Tinsley the scapegoat.. There are many to blame on different occasions..

YES!!!!!! one loss closer to a top 10 draft pick...now just trade foster for a 1st, jo for a team's junk and a 1st, and granger for a nice young player and a 1st and we're set!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Roderick Wilmont!!! I miss that guy.. But hey, we got Gordon now..

And I agree with you.. People are way too hard on Tinsley.. I don't really like him, but he doesn't deserve all the talk that people say he is the reason we lose.. He does nothing wrong half the time.. Besides, it's a team game, basically Tinsley's job is to assist other people to score.. Obviously he got the job done, again.

Don't make Tinsley the scapegoat.. There are many to blame on different occasions..
    You are right... It's a team game. There is also defense to be played.

Tinsley is not the reason we lose... He's the reason we'll never go anywhere as long as he's here.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    YES!!!!!! one loss closer to a top 10 draft pick...now just trade foster for a 1st, jo for a team's junk and a 1st, and granger for a nice young player and a 1st and we're set!!!
    Set for what exactly?

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mb221 View Post
    Set for what exactly?
    The continuing lottery...where you get to see whether it's only 2 or maybe 4 years before you get back to the playoffs.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

set for a promising future so long as lb doesn't F the draft up...

do any of you honestly believe this team is going somewhere with guys like jo, tinsley, murphy, dunleavy, diener, graham, rush, harrison, owens??? yea, didn't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    You are right... It's a team game. There is also defense to be played.

Tinsley is not the reason we lose... He's the reason we'll never go anywhere as long as he's here.

-Bball
    How about the guys down low?? They let Mikki Moore go off on us when the last couple games he couldn't even get in double digits. They were letting guys score all over the place down there. Yes, it's not all their fault, but that is their area, they are supposed to stop people that run down there.

do any of you honestly believe this team is going somewhere with guys like jo, tinsley, murphy, dunleavy, diener, graham, rush, harrison, owens??? yea, didn't think so...
    Do you honestly believe they would be going anywhere with what you just described we would receive for what we are giving away? Didn't think so lol......

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

You didn't give much time for a reply there.

It doesn't matter to me whether we had the worst 12 players in the NBA active. I would still root for a win today, rather than a throw of the lottery dice. IF we suck so bad that we make the lottery, then that's what will happen. That's the way it works. In the meantime, I root for every win, because I root FOR the Pacers, not against them.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

I think Rush just got caught out of position again on defense and then tried to recover only to go flying through the air as soon as (insert Kings perimeter player here...) put up a pump fake...

Seriously the guy is coming along offensively, but his defense is still putrid. I don't know what some of you see in him defensively, but he was beyond bad tonight. As was Tinsley.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Go somewhere else with this crap.

Jeff Foster is far and away my favorite Pacer right now. I was really hoping we'd start him with the small lineup instead of Murphy, and when I saw that Murph was starting I said to my brother that the Pacers would probably fall behind 10-0 to start the game, I was almost on the money.

I said about 2 weeks ago that Kareem was becoming consistent, and now he's taken it to a level that I didn't realize was possible. This is the type of player everyone hoped Kareem would be when he was at Missouri. He plays under control, has an outstanding stroke and can score around the rim effectively when teams close out too fast on him after hitting a couple threes. If he can continue to play this way we'll be just fine. If Dunleavy or Murph had a decent game tonight we win despite playing very poorly defensively.

We saw how poor our interior defense is without Jermaine tonight though. If we move Jermaine before the trade deadline, we need to get a banger somewhere along the line. Mikki Moore should have never had as many dunks as he had tonight. It was a poor defensive effort tonight, but we've had 4 pretty good defensive outings in a row before this one I've thought, so I'm looking forward to how they respond on this roadtrip.