Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CLOVERFIELD!

Default Re: CLOVERFIELD!

lol, you know its gonna be a good movie when they warn you about getting sick.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The theater manager came in to talk to us prior to the movie starting, saying in the prior showing 3 peple actually got sick. So he pointed out where the trash cans were, and asked us to please us them if needed, because he was tired of cleaning up messes.
    I really didn't think the camera movement was that bad. Only two times where a sudden movement caught me a little off guard I'd say. I don't have a weak stomach, but I definetely don't have an extremely strong stomach either.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I won't watch it. I can't take that stuff since I got Lasik.

Small price to pay.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I watched a cam version of it and liked it a lot. If you thought I Am Legend was short, this is 15 minutes shorter and has MUCH more action. Pretty disappointing. I'm fine with how they made it, and I very much like it, but I wish there was a ton more, and wish they would remake it as a blockbuster to replace the turd that Godzilla was.

Any movie that stars Matthew Broderick, aside from Wargames, is automatically deducted 4 points from the possible score on the 10 scale.....I'm just sayin'

The camera movement didn't bother me at all. I can easily see how some could have a problem with it, but I thought it added to the movie. Pretty impressive given what they spent to make it. I will go see it at the theater, if I can find someone who's not too much of a Nancy to go with me......The wife is out, she doesn't like the genre, and we'd have to find a sitter. Couple friends I asked are both referred to as Nancy now. I refuse to go see a movie by myself. Hopefully someone else in my circle of friends can have their balls drop soon enough so I can see it before it is gone.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

It was a really good movie. The motion didn't bother me at all. It was weird at first, but then you just adapt to it, and it becomes normal. It actually does make you feel like your there with the camera moving around a lot.

I would recommend everyone that doesn't get motion sickness REALLY easy, to go see it. It's a great movie. I wish it wouldn't have ended how it did, but hey, that's how it would have happened.

Marlena?? You guys are obsessing about Marlena??
    Lol, Beth was the hot one!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    It was a really good movie. The motion didn't bother me at all. It was weird at first, but then you just adapt to it, and it becomes normal. It actually does make you feel like your there with the camera moving around a lot.

I would recommend everyone that doesn't get motion sickness REALLY easy, to go see it. It's a great movie. I wish it wouldn't have ended how it did, but hey, that's how it would have happened.

Marlena?? You guys are obsessing about Marlena??
    Lol, Beth was the hot one!
    Marlena, such a beautiful name.

Like the song, "Three Marlenas" by the Wallflowers.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

CLOVERFIELD SUCKED!! Let me say that again CLOVERFIELD SUCKED!!

The whole handheld camera thing was stupid. Okay, it has been done. It was cute at the start but after that it got old. Plus the acting was terrible. When they made jokes I wasn't laughing because they were funny I was laughing because they were horrible. I did not care one bit about those people either. I wish they had done more with this giant monster distroying New York (sidenote why can't a movie like this ever happen in say Miami or some place other than NY?). As for this movie lasting too long when I left I looked at the person I saw it with and said well that is three hours wasted because that was how long it felt. The best part was when they girl exsploded. That to me would have been a good chance to exsplain what was going on, or what happened to her. I felt like I had been raped after watching that movie. I had a sick feeling in my stomach like something very special to me had be taken away, roughly.

Worst movies ever:
    1 Waterworld
    2 The Cable Guy
    3 Cloverfield

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This movie has the most extremes of people who loved it or hated it of just about any movie I've heard of.

I have a CAM version, not sure if I even want to watch it. I'm certainly not going to go to the theater and see it. I guess I'll wait to see the DVD.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Don't see it ever! If you have to go stick your head in a vice that will be less painful.

I liked the idea behind the movie and it seemed like a true account of what would happen in that type of situation. I did however have motion sickness in more than one part and my head is still hurting me hours later. But I have a weak brain for too much movement.

Good movie though, not great. I should have waited to download it cause it wasnt worth my $10.95

I am Legend MUCH better.

Let me add my review.

It didn't suck, it wasn't great.

It was, to a point, an original way to tell this type of story. Having said that, I hope no one ever does it again in this fashion.

I'm with Hicks on this. Borne I would get a headache from, this for some reason didn't bother me.

Also side note, at any point in time in the subway did anyone expect Casper Van Diem to pop out with a machine gun and start shooting???? (yes I know a lame starship troopers ref., so sue me I'm a nerd).

Anyway, as one of the posters already said, this movie is probably going to be one of those that elicits very opposite emotions from people. You are either going to love it or hate it most likely.

I happen to fall in-between on this. I found it entertaining, however I would not call this a good film.

I've heard there is already a sequal planned. If so, I hope to God they don't use the same story telling concept.

Oh, one last thing. For those of you who want to know the why's and the how's before you leave a film, you are probably going to hate this. As you know nothing more about the monster after you leave the theatre than what you did when you entered.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Oh, one last thing. For those of you who want to know the why's and the how's before you leave a film, you are probably going to hate this. As you know nothing more about the monster after you leave the theatre than what you did when you entered.
    That isn't entirely true...

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's easy to miss, especially the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    That isn't entirely true...

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's easy to miss, especially the first time around.
    That's pretty cool, I definately missed it.

That's not what they wanted you to think it was, and it's not that big.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Yep.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Uh Oh!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I think a sequel is a big, big mistake.

I think a sequel is a big, big mistake.
    I liked the movie, but I wouldn't bother spending my money to see the sequel.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Everything I've seen where the producers point out that something fell in the ocean, they will never specify what it is. So that part of it is open to interpretation. But at the very least it has something to do with what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Everything I've seen where the producers point out that something fell in the ocean, they will never specify what it is. So that part of it is open to interpretation. But at the very least it has something to do with what happened.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well I finally watched a TS version of it. Didn't care for it that much, didn't hate it though.

I would actually love to see a sequel as long as it was a conventional movie, not a another "handy cam Blare Witch type" movie.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"