Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well the star is now saying they have learned that Tinsley was suspended

Default Well the star is now saying they have learned that Tinsley was suspended

for the Golden State game.

Let the apologizing for Jamaal begin.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS04/801170504

The Indiana Pacers suspended Jamaal Tinsley for Wednesday night's game against Golden State following an incident during a film session one day earlier, The Star has learned.

What exactly happened during the session is unknown. However, coach Jim O'Brien said prior to Wednesday's game that Tinsley would sit out because of an injured knee. O'Brien told The Star the same thing after the game.
    The Tinsley situation overshadowed a big comeback win by the Pacers, 125-117 over the Warriors.
    Former Pacer and current Golden State forward Stephen Jackson, along with several people with knowledge of the situation, confirmed that Tinsley was suspended. The length of Tinsley's suspension is uncertain.
    Tinsley, who has dealt with an assortment of injuries the past few weeks, has routinely attended home and road games while injured this season, but he was not at Conseco Fieldhouse on Wednesday.
    "It's an unfortunate situation he got suspended like that," Jackson said after the game. "He'll bounce back. Me and Jamaal have been through a lot."
    Former coach Rick Carlisle suspended Tinsley for one game last March for excessive tardiness to practice.
    Tinsley is facing charges stemming from a nightclub incident and was shot at outside of the Conrad Hotel Downtown last month.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Well the star is now saying they have learned that Tinsley was suspended

This should become an interesting topic to see where everyone stands .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: Well the star is now saying they have learned that Tinsley was suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This should become an interesting topic to see where everyone stands .
    I'm sure many will call for him to be traded, even though there are no teams
    who want him or his salary. Same old story.

Would be surprised if the truth about this "incident" at the film session ever
    comes out.

Was nice to get the win over GS without him in the lineup.

I'm absolutely shocked by this. No, not Tinsley's suspsension- The Star reporting it!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm absolutely shocked by this. No, not Tinsley's suspsension- The Star reporting it!

-Bball
    They had to have something to take people's minds off the Colts' choke job

I'm upset with Jamaal, obviously, but I'm really, really tired of the double-talk coming out of the front office. How do they expect the players to play with character and integrity when they're going to sit there and lie to the faces of all of their customers? I understand they were probably trying to protect his trade value, but after being in the brawl and three late night incidents, getting suspended for one game for something he did in a film session is barely a blip on the radar.

Start being honest with your fans, and maybe your fans will start trusting you when you tell them you're doing your best to make them proud of their team.

Banned

Maybe Rick wasn't the problem, hmmm.

It doesn't surprise me that the Pacers tried to keep it in house. And it's not just the Pacers that do such things, all teams do. Families do it too.

I imagine Tinsley was being criticized for his play during the film session and got upset by it and did something stupid like throwing something or jawing with the coaches and got himself suspended.

It was dumb of O'B to lie about it though. There's people like Mike Well's just itching to jump on stories like that.

Notice that Well's is the Pacer's beat writer and he wrote a short burb about Tinsley being suspended and nothing about the game itself.

As I said when I walked into Conseco, it was obvious that he was suspended.

I didn't need Wells to tell me, and it didn't matter what OB said.

And yes I think the suspension INVOLVING YOUR MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER did impact and cause the Pacers horrible first quarter.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-17-2008 at 08:22 AM.

Well, sounds like the Mel Mel that we all know (not so sure about love)...

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is this the same Tins that left the practice floor to huge Bird and thanking him for JOB?

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    Is this the same Tins that left the practice floor to huge Bird and thanking him for JOB?
    Yes. Sure JT likes Jim until he tells him to play the right way, and then he throws a fit

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wonder if Jamaal will come out and say something about how he respects JOB for treating him like a man this time.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    it didn't matter what OB said.
    All right, I have to ask. Is Unclebuck quitting on Jim O'Brien?.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    All right, I have to ask. Is Unclebuck quitting on Jim O'Brien?.......
    You know what I meant. No, I like OB a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    I'm upset with Jamaal, obviously, but I'm really, really tired of the double-talk coming out of the front office. How do they expect the players to play with character and integrity when they're going to sit there and lie to the faces of all of their customers? I understand they were probably trying to protect his trade value, but after being in the brawl and three late night incidents, getting suspended for one game for something he did in a film session is barely a blip on the radar.

Start being honest with your fans, and maybe your fans will start trusting you when you tell them you're doing your best to make them proud of their team.
    Well said.

I don't believe he's untradeable. Not after how he's played this season. I doubt I'd like what we'd get in return, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by the deadline.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I make no value judgments here about fault or seriousness or personal liberties or on-versus-off-the-court or anything.

But this is the 4th incident this year that makes the Pacers look bad.

1. Shawne Williams charged with driving violations.
    2. Jamaal Tinsley involved in late-night shooting.
    3. David Harrison suspended for drugs.
    4. Jamaal Tinsley suspended for "incident."

The Pacers have not yet even begun to turn the corner in their struggle to become a team that the Indy community can like.

I think that is pretty sad.

Oh, and that was a great win last night.
    Last edited by Putnam; 01-17-2008 at 09:10 AM.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    I make no value judgments here about fault or seriousness or personal liberties or on-versus-off-the-court or anything.

But this is the 4th incident this year that makes the Pacers look bad.

1. Shawne Williams charged with driving violations.
    2. Jamaal Tinsley involved in late-night shooting.
    3. David Harrison suspended for drugs.
    4. Jamaal Tinsley suspended for "incident."

The Pacers have not yet even begun to turn the corner in their struggle to become a team that the Indy community can like.

I think that is pretty sad.

Oh, and that was a great win last night.

I really liked the team that played in the second half of the Golden State game last night. I realize that team isn't going to win many games (but then again the team with Harrison, JO and JT wasn't doing that well either)

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's the final straw for me on JT. I was on his side through the shooting incident - though I felt he could have thought a little more about the team and its PR before making his decision to go out that late - but this? You have a coach who hands you the keys to the team and basically lets you play the way you want, then you do something in reference to a working session that gets you suspended? That's boneheaded.

I know that the team on the floor in the 4th quarter can't possibly deliver the victories we all want, but I'd rather have JT (and JO) sent away in exchange for a legitimate backup-quality PG and PF and watch that team leave it all on the court every night, win or lose. Let the chips fall where they may.

I'm not saying it is possible given injury, character, and salary issues, but I'm ready if it does.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I really liked the team that played in the second half of the Golden State game last night.
    Absolutely, UncleBuck. I sort of felt by halftime that a win was possible and loved the way they dug it out.

No, I was talking about the hearts-and-minds aspect. The non-fans and casual fans and former fans will hear about the two events of the past week and it will cause them to shove any positive thoughts about going to a game or reviving their interest farther away again . . . probably for the rest of this season.

The process of renewing the community affection for the Pacers has not yet begun.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    It's the final straw for me on JT. I was on his side through the shooting incident - though I felt he could have thought a little more about the team and its PR before making his decision to go out that late - but this? You have a coach who hands you the keys to the team and basically lets you play the way you want, then you do something in reference to a working session that gets you suspended? That's boneheaded.

I know that the team on the floor in the 4th quarter can't possibly deliver the victories we all want, but I'd rather have JT (and JO) sent away in exchange for a legitimate backup-quality PG and PF and watch that team leave it all on the court every night, win or lose. Let the chips fall where they may.

I'm not saying it is possible given injury, character, and salary issues, but I'm ready if it does.
    I think most of us agree with you, I know I do 100%. If they can bring in a decent point guard to help Owens, Diener and Daniels a little, and then maybe in the draft get a real starting point guard, and also get another big guy who can fit into OB's system both offensively and defensively then I would be happy. We won't make the playoffs, but now is the time to bit the bullet, because the fans aren't coming back anytime soon.

The pacers defensive system is extremely difficult to play especially for the big guys, last night, Granger & Williams were lost, it wasn't until Jeff came in and they moved Dunleavy to the power forward position defensively in the 4th quarter, did the defense improve.

In the third quarter last night there were two or three plays in a row where jeff's man got layups, well it wasn't Jeff's fault - he was flooding the strong side as the coaches wanted, but Granger and williams were not filling in to the lane properly. Finally jeff had a very animated discussion with the coaching staff - saying hey we need to change something here.

I really liked the team that played in the second half of the Golden State game last night. I realize that team isn't going to win many games (but then again the team with Harrison, JO and JT wasn't doing that well either)

Me too, I have EVERY time that Dunleavy and Granger are your focal point, cuz when they are your focal point its not at the detriment to the other guys on the floor. I'd rather watch them win 36 than the other group win, well, 36.

I've had enough of JT to.

but everyone is having a go at him and saying to ship him off when no one knows 100% why he was suspended.

So just wait until we know.

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

Well, Tinsley did something bad. Got suspended.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts. If he comes back contrite and working hard or continues his sinis-poutin-itis.

He said he respected JOB's approach, nows when we find out if he really does.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, before i'm ready to shoot Tinsley I would need to know more about what happened....I don't believe Mike Wells and feel that he amplifies things to get attention. The only person quoted is jackson....he is well known to shoot his mouth off....Sounds to me like the Pacers handled it in the right way.

I'd have to know why he's suspended before I passed judgment on him. If it's tardiness I don't see that as an issue to blow out of proportion. However, I doubt if his trade value gets any higher then it is right now.