Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All right, I have to ask: Is Tinsley quitting on Jim?

Default All right, I have to ask: Is Tinsley quitting on Jim?

When I got my email from pacers.com regarding tonight's game, I was surprised to see they had Andre Owens starting at PG.

I scrolled down to injuries to see that Tinsley is listed there with a sore left knee. Umm, what sore left knee? The sore left knee that showed no obvious signs of discomfort or problems Sunday? The sore left knee that was not mentioned once, at all, ever, in the press/media before today? That sore left knee? Oh. I guess that's my mistake.

Sorry to even be posting this, but it just struck me as "here we go again". I freely admit I could be 100% off base, but this is a red flag for me. This is coming off of games where Tinsley made horrible choices to end the Phoenix game, then he didn't finish the Sacramento game, and then he was playing like his old self (in a bad way) the following night in Golden State. Now heading into the very next game, with no seen reasons to explain it, he suddenly is out with a sore left knee. Yeah, right.

I'm sorry but this franchise has a history of making up injuries to cover up the likes of Tinsley and Artest and their bull****, and I don't buy this for a second until I see him limping around myself during a game heading into this kind of announcement. Physically, he looked just fine to me. Now granted I wasn't going out of my way to examine him, but nonetheless.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: All right, I have to ask: Is Tinsley quitting on Jim?

3 more years and this will all be behind us ...
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

This season I believe it is the training staff that puts people on IR not the player or coach. Also I doubt Jim would feel the need to hide the fact that he is benching someone.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

He did look a little sluggish on Sunday night, and JOB did mention that he had an MRI during the 2 off days in Phoenix. I think it's a combination of a minor injury and frustration. Like I mentioned in one of the postgame threads he bolted from the locker room as soon as the game ended Sunday night.

Actually, it was reported before the game against the Kings that Tinsley was hampered by a sore knee, but he played on it anyway at least in the first half. He also played against the Warriors, of course, but there was talk during the game that his knee was still bothering him. Since then, there have been reports all week stating that Tinsley (and even JO) hadn't practised much because of soreness to his knee.

So, I wouldn't put too much into to him sitting out this game or the next against the Kings. Coincidence on the heals of his questionable performances of late? Maybe! If he was gimpy enough to play for 19 minutes against the Kings and nearly the entire game the following day against the Warriors, you'd think he'd be able to play on that same gimpy knee after having 2-days rest, right?

Let's look at this one as a possible blessing in disguise. If Owens comes out and shuts down either Daron Davis or Monte Ellis and Deiner is able to have a repeat performance from his game against the Warriors and JOB does go w/the Foster/Murphy combo w/the 2nd Unit and the Pacers are able to control the interior and win this one at home in grand fashion, somehow I doubt anybody will be worried about the validity of Tinsley's "sore" knee.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's always something with the team. Unfortunately, I'm with Mal on this one. I have that terrible Deja Vu feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Unclebuck wins.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    3 more years and this will all be behind us ...
    Some would not have a problem with this...

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=36213

I said I would reserve judgment until February. It's getting close.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    Quality.
    Sam, did your girl win her fight in SFO?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Sam, did your girl win her fight in SFO?
    Your girlfriend's beating people up in San Francisco International Airport?

That's a keeper.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Banned

I hear she used an ancient Icelandic karate form centered around ripping sweatshirts.

That the question can be asked without ridicule, much less without a clear answer of "no", speaks volumes.

We have to move on. Bench him and keep him there.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

It is as obvious as as the nose on my face. YES Tinsley quit. Many of us predicted that Tinsley would not play in this game after knowing what he did in the last Warriors game.

I enjoyed watching the Players that did play tonight.

In case some of you don't know Tinsley was not in the building tonight. (well he wasn't anywhere near the bench) He was probably asked to stay home

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    It is as obvious as as the nose on my face. YES Tinsley quit. Many of us predicted that Tinsley would not play in this game after knowing what he did in the last Warriors game.

I enjoyed watching the Players that did play tonight.

In case some of you don't know Tinsley was not in the building tonight. (well he wasn't anywhere near the bench) He was probably asked to stay home
    I noticed he wasn't at the game, normally they'll show the injured players on the bench.

What happened in the last Warriors game? Did Tinsley just not play in the 2nd half at all?

What do you think will happen with him? If they asked him to stay home, then maybe he's going to be traded or something? I doubt it, though.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    I noticed he wasn't at the game, normally they'll show the injured players on the bench.

What happened in the last Warriors game? Did Tinsley just not play in the 2nd half at all?

What do you think will happen with him? If they asked him to stay home, then maybe he's going to be traded or something? I doubt it, though.
    He didn't play in the 4th quarter at Sacramento, and then did not give hardly any effort at G. State and had a really bad attitiude on the court, and I know I posted somehwere, that I wouldn't expect Tinsley to play in the next game against the warriors. And sure enough he comes up with an injured knee, and is no where to be found. Hopefully O'Brien asked him to stay home. Really all this started in the Suns game, O'Brien I'm sure wasn't hapopy with all those shots by JT, Jim probably told him about it, and JT is throwing a fit .

I like the way Travis runs the team better anyway. What are the Tinsley supporters going to say now, who can they blame now. JT was given the keys to the car, Carlisle is long gone and he is up to his old tricks

Mood

I noticed his absense as well. Anyone think there are trade rumors afloat? You know when the Pacers usually make a trade it is never leaked before the trade happens usually.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    I noticed his absense as well. Anyone think there are trade rumors afloat? You know when the Pacers usually make a trade it is never leaked before the trade happens usually.
    No he was quietly suspended for a poor attitude. No doubt in my mind about that. Otherwise he would have been at the arena. I applaud O'Brien and Bord for taking this step. Whether they call it a suspension or an injury, it doesn't matter to me

No he was quietly suspended for a poor attitude. No doubt in my mind about that. Otherwise he would have been at the arena. I applaud O'Brien and Bord for taking this step. Whether they call it a suspension or an injury, it doesn't matter to me

That Bord guy is a disciplinarian!

BTW... I agree with you. Write it down!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do you think this will eventually lead to Tinsley being traded? Or is it something the Pacers would rather let linger. (Like they have in the past.)
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Tell you what, Tinsley's got some balls after JOB gave him the keys to the franchise. Maybe he's double-crossed Bird's coaches too many times.

All this insider knowledge impresses me. It's like being in the lockerroom only more clothes.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    All this insider knowledge impresses me. It's like being in the lockerroom only more clothes.
    Depends on who is typing.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs