Thread: ESPN - Hollinger's NBA Playoff Odds 01/14/08

Default ESPN - Hollinger's NBA Playoff Odds 01/14/08

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

His projection for the Pacers is 38-44 and last place in their conference, behind the Hawks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ESPN - Hollinger's NBA Playoff Odds 01/14/08

Quote Originally Posted by indyblue47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

His projection for the Pacers is 38-44 and last place in their conference, behind the Hawks.
    In the last playoff spot you mean

Well, if we can just win as many games the second half of the season as we did the the first, we're right there. Fan-tastic.

Ya, that'd be just swell. Nothing better than winning a pathetic 38 games,
    ekeing out a playoff berth, getting lambasted in the 1st round and then
    sitting and watching in late-June as Lottery teams scoop up the elite
    prospects in the draft.

Screw that.

Yeah, I don't want to make the playoffs with 38 wins. But not because I really want to be in the lottery - 80% of the time being in the lottery is a waste. But rather I just figure that any team under .500 just doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

I don't want to be in the playoffs period unless we have a chance to COMPETE, screw what the record says. No one on here can say we have a shot at winning the East, let alone getting to the championship round. We don't have a team that is going to benefit from the playoff experience either...JO is on his way out sometime down the road, I don't imagine Tinsley is here much longer, Granger might benefit, but the other people on our team are role players at best unless we have a straight up bad as$ next to them like a Dwight Howard or Star penetrator. I love mike Dunleavy, but he is offense only, he gets burnt by anyone with talent at his position. I don't even need to touch on Murphys defense. Quis isn't that valuable, maybe to our current team because they are soft, but he is VERY replaceable. We have no real leader on this team and we don't have anyone who is going to step up when we need it in the crunch time night in and night out. I hear people talking about Danny being that guy now/someday, yea right. Love Granger, but he is way too passive and will never be a #1 scoring option on ANY team in the league. He could be a HELL of a 2nd option, but he needs someone else to make him great. Am I bitter? or off my rocker maybe? I just have a hard time of letting go of the days of ECFs @ MSA and being really proud of the team. I need something to get me excited to be a Pacers fan again because the squad we have doesn't have the skills to do it for me or many other fans. We deserve better than this 50-50 BS we're getting. I'm seriously about to go Pacers on this Pacers team...rat-ta-tat and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Yeah, I don't want to make the playoffs with 38 wins. But not because I really want to be in the lottery - 80% of the time being in the lottery is a waste. But rather I just figure that any team under .500 just doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs
    So that's going to be basically 85% of the Eastern Conference
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    And they typically play that first round just like they don't. My only concern as I keep pointing out is that this year will mirror last year when the team hung on for a bit and then nose dived as the wind came out of the sails.

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

on the bright side we have a history of knocking out the Celtics in the playoffs
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL