View Poll Results: I like the Pacers' new 'small ball' lineups

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly agree

    10 28.57%
  • Moderately agree

    12 34.29%
  • Moderately disagree

    1 2.86%
  • Strongly disagree

    0 0%
  • I'm not sure

    12 34.29%
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 286

Thread: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

  1. #1
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Arrow 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    TAKE THE FIGHT TO THE WARRIORS!!!


    -VS-



    Game Time Start: 9:00 pm EST

    TV: FSN-Indiana
    Radio: WFNI 1070-AM

    Projected Pacers' Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    O'Neal
    Dunleavy
    Granger
    Rush
    Tinsley
    Projected Warriors' Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    Biedrins
    Harrington
    Jackson
    Ellis
    Davis


    Season Records: (W-L)
    :thepacers 17-21 (Road: 9-12)
    21-16 (Home: 10-7)

    Upcoming Games:
    DateOpponentTimeTV
    Jan 16vs Golden State7:00 pmFSBA, FSIN
    Jan 19vs Sacramento7:00 pmKXTV, FSIN
    Jan 21at Philadelphia2:00 pmCSNP
    Jan 23at Chicago8:30 pmFSIN, CSNC
    Jan 24at Milwaukee8:00 pmFSIN


    Trivia Question: Who was the player traded to the Warriors in return for Jeff Foster back in 1999?
    Answer:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  2. #2
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    I need a pick me up after the $#%#$%#$ Colts game!

  3. #3
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,073

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    This game should be fun. Final score should be 130-128.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  4. #4
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need a pick me up after the $#%#$%#$ Colts game!
    you and me both brother, im sooooo depressed right now
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  5. #5
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,829
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Watching the IU game might make you feel better, if you lean in that direction.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  6. #6
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching the IU game might make you feel better, if you lean in that direction.
    If you're an IU fan then sure, however im a Purdue fan so...
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  7. #7
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Yeah I don't know if this is going to alleviate any stress after the Colts game.

    Warriors are rested (for once) and at home, they don't lose too many of these games against lesser opponents.

    I hope JOB doesn't intend on having Kareem Rush guarding Monta Ellis. He'll get dusted every single time down the floor. Dude made his first 11 shots the other night and I wouldn't put it past him to have another great night.

  8. #8
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,986

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    I sure as hell hope that JOB does not play Tinsley more than 20 minutes tonight ..

    If Tinsley plays the majority of the pg minutes.. we will lose this game....
    I sure as hell DO NOT want to see the mel-mel / o'neal show tonight... cause if I do , I wont even bother watching the rest of game... cause Tinsley will FIND a way to lose it for us...


    I hope JOB has seen the light with this new smaller line-up ..

    If the same lineup and player rotation is played tonight , that was played against the kings... It could very well end up being a game of the year candidate... I could very well see GS becoming as much of a rival team to Indiana , as Detroit is...

    There will be alot of competitiveness tonight... as this is the first game that Dun Dun , Murph, and Ike will have played against their former team... Then for GS you have .. Jack , Harrington , and Croshere.. who you just KNOW ... want to rub a win in our faces...

    (I would have mentioned Sarunas , but seeing as how Nelson wont play him , he is a non-factor this game...) I see Dunleavy especially stepping up in this game... I just hope he dont lose confidence , and only shoot 7-9 shots .. I mean after all GS fans treated him like ***** , booing him at their own home games ... I see a VERY HEATED rivalry being formed in front of our eyes tonight....

    I think that if JOB lets Diener play 28 to 30 minutes like he did last night... that we will see another 19+ point game out of him... I personally think he is gonna burn baron up at the point offensively.... The only advantage I see in that matchup for Baron Davis... is the fact that he drives the lane alot and can be a high flyer when he wants to be... and defensively he is a little bit more effective and seasoned than Diener...
    But I think Travis is too fast for him... lol

    Ya I think tonight's game is gonna be a thrilla ...

    I forsee 1 of 2 things happening tonight...

    Either we will win by a total blowout...
    or
    I see us fighting a hard fought battle into OT , possibly Double OT ... with Pacers coming up with the win..

    Personally I think the latter will occur ..

    IF..... and I mean IF ... JOB dont push Tinsley down our throats this game...

    As I said before... if that happens.. we will lose this game.. ....mark my words...
    Last edited by Kemo; 01-13-2008 at 05:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  9. #9
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that if JOB lets Diener play 28 to 30 minutes like he did last night... that we will see another 19+ point game out of him... I personally think he is gonna burn baron up at the point offensively.... The only advantage I see in that matchup for Baron Davis... is the fact that he drives the lane alot and can be a high flyer when he wants to be... and defensively hs is a little bit more seasoned than Diener...
    But I think Travis is too fast for him... lol
    .
    Baron Davis probably doesn't even know who Diener is.

    And I don't see this becoming a rivalry, there's no significance in a matchup that happens only a couple of times per season and places little bearing on the playoffs. The meeting last year wasn't even close either.

  10. #10
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,986

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    I disagree .. only for the fact you have 2 teams that traded a combined 8 players ... and believe me there is animosity between the players and their former teams... watch what i say.. this is going to be a good game..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  11. #11
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    I never said that these individual games won't be entertaining, but there's nothing to merit the development of a rivalry.

  12. #12
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,986

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baron Davis probably doesn't even know who Diener is.

    You are probably right , hell he prally don't even know who is president right now.. lol... ..Although I enjoyed watching him play in the playoffs last year.... Baron's a knucklehead at times ... and a loose cannon..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  13. #13
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,403

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Ajbry, are you still a Pacers fan...?

  14. #14
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,311

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Wow. One good game and all of a sudden, Diener is faster (and better) than Baron Davis?

  15. #15
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Let's step it up and get a win.

    Get back to .500, damnit.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  16. #16
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ajbry, are you still a Pacers fan...?
    My interest fades in and out. Reggie and Jack were far and away my favorite Pacers and without their presence, it ain't really like I have too much invested in a team that's several hundred miles away to begin with.

  17. #17
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,986

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. One good game and all of a sudden, Diener is faster (and better) than Baron Davis?
    not 1 good game .. if you know my posting history and my ravings about Diener, then you would know.. its NOT because of 1 good game.. geeze..


    and yes Baron Davis has a screw loose .. at times he is a great PG .. and other times he leaves you wondering WTF?!
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  18. #18
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,696

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sure as hell hope that JOB does not play Tinsley more than 20 minutes tonight ..

    If Tinsley plays the majority of the pg minutes.. we will lose this game....
    I sure as hell DO NOT want to see the mel-mel / o'neal show tonight... cause if I do , I wont even bother watching the rest of game... cause Tinsley will FIND a way to lose it for us...


    I hope JOB has seen the light with this new smaller line-up ..

    If the same lineup and player rotation is played tonight , that was played against the kings... It could very well end up being a game of the year candidate... I could very well see GS becoming as much of a rival team to Indiana , as Detroit is...

    There will be alot of competitiveness tonight... as this is the first game that Dun Dun , Murph, and Ike will have played against their former team... Then for GS you have .. Jack , Harrington , and Croshere.. who you just KNOW ... want to rub a win in our faces...

    (I would have mentioned Sarunas , but seeing as how Nelson wont play him , he is a non-factor this game...) I see Dunleavy especially stepping up in this game... I just hope he dont lose confidence , and only shoot 7-9 shots .. I mean after all GS fans treated him like ***** , booing him at their own home games ... I see a VERY HEATED rivalry being formed in front of our eyes tonight....

    I think that if JOB lets Diener play 28 to 30 minutes like he did last night... that we will see another 19+ point game out of him... I personally think he is gonna burn baron up at the point offensively.... The only advantage I see in that matchup for Baron Davis... is the fact that he drives the lane alot and can be a high flyer when he wants to be... and defensively he is a little bit more effective and seasoned than Diener...
    But I think Travis is too fast for him... lol

    Ya I think tonight's game is gonna be a thrilla ...

    I forsee 1 of 2 things happening tonight...

    Either we will win by a total blowout...
    or
    I see us fighting a hard fought battle into OT , possibly Double OT ... with Pacers coming up with the win..

    Personally I think the latter will occur ..

    IF..... and I mean IF ... JOB dont push Tinsley down our throats this game...

    As I said before... if that happens.. we will lose this game.. ....mark my words...
    I reallly hope that Tinsley does play.....Baron is going to abuse Diener on the offensive end. This is going to be one of those situations where I think that Diener won't be a good PG......I DO NOT WANT Diener to guard Baron.....he's just going to shoot over him everytime.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  19. #19
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,696

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    I'm off to my 2nd Pacer game in 2 days.......here's to Dunleavy and Murphy showing the Warriors what they missed out on

    Again.....if you see an Asian guy dressed in a Pacer jersey....that's probably me.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #20
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,700

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sure as hell hope that JOB does not play Tinsley more than 20 minutes tonight ..

    If Tinsley plays the majority of the pg minutes.. we will lose this game....
    I sure as hell DO NOT want to see the mel-mel / o'neal show tonight... cause if I do , I wont even bother watching the rest of game... cause Tinsley will FIND a way to lose it for us...


    I hope JOB has seen the light with this new smaller line-up ..

    If the same lineup and player rotation is played tonight , that was played against the kings... It could very well end up being a game of the year candidate... I could very well see GS becoming as much of a rival team to Indiana , as Detroit is...

    There will be alot of competitiveness tonight... as this is the first game that Dun Dun , Murph, and Ike will have played against their former team... Then for GS you have .. Jack , Harrington , and Croshere.. who you just KNOW ... want to rub a win in our faces...

    (I would have mentioned Sarunas , but seeing as how Nelson wont play him , he is a non-factor this game...) I see Dunleavy especially stepping up in this game... I just hope he dont lose confidence , and only shoot 7-9 shots .. I mean after all GS fans treated him like ***** , booing him at their own home games ... I see a VERY HEATED rivalry being formed in front of our eyes tonight....

    I think that if JOB lets Diener play 28 to 30 minutes like he did last night... that we will see another 19+ point game out of him... I personally think he is gonna burn baron up at the point offensively.... The only advantage I see in that matchup for Baron Davis... is the fact that he drives the lane alot and can be a high flyer when he wants to be... and defensively he is a little bit more effective and seasoned than Diener...
    But I think Travis is too fast for him... lol

    Ya I think tonight's game is gonna be a thrilla ...

    I forsee 1 of 2 things happening tonight...

    Either we will win by a total blowout...
    or
    I see us fighting a hard fought battle into OT , possibly Double OT ... with Pacers coming up with the win..

    Personally I think the latter will occur ..

    IF..... and I mean IF ... JOB dont push Tinsley down our throats this game...

    As I said before... if that happens.. we will lose this game.. ....mark my words...
    I see you really keep up to date with the nba, i certainly will watch out for your postings.

    If it was for Saras, Diener would be the next revelation ?

    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  21. #21
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,403

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm off to my 2nd Pacer game in 2 days.......here's to Dunleavy and Murphy showing the Warriors what they missed out on

    Again.....if you see an Asian guy dressed in a Pacer jersey....that's probably me.
    You might just be our good luck chuck.

  22. #22
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    I came home to see the colts lost...and was shocked...without philip rivers and LT!? wtf?
    Pacers probably lose this one...end of a road trip on a back to back...I bet we lay down and die if the warriors hit their 3's early.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  23. #23
    Member andreialta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pleasanton
    Age
    25
    Posts
    528

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    DUN DUN for carrer high tonight. or carreer worse. theres gonna be booing! i wish theres gonna be awing!

    but mostly boooos

    like boooos

    from the sacto game, there was already booooos
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

  24. #24

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/view...er=asc&start=0

    Read this thread... its amazing how much they hate Dun. You would think he's Bill Buckner. The W fans have had this game circled on the calendar. I'd give my left nut for Dun to score 50 tonight and the Pacers win.
    Last edited by aceace; 01-13-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,672

    Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

    Why did they have to drag Quinn "know it all" Buckner in this trip? I thought he only did home games.
    Why are the Pistons getting raped by the Knicks?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 05:46 PM
  2. 01/08/2008 Game Thread 36: Pacers at Jazz
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 11:38 PM
  3. 11/30/2007 Game Thread 17: Pacers at Seattle
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 02:03 AM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 01:40 PM
  5. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 03:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •