• Moderately disagree

1 2.86%
  • Strongly disagree

0 0%
  • I'm not sure

12 34.29%
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Arrow 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

TAKE THE FIGHT TO THE WARRIORS!!!

-VS-

Game Time Start: 9:00 pm EST

TV: FSN-Indiana
    Radio: WFNI 1070-AM

Projected Pacers' Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    O'Neal
    Dunleavy
    Granger
    Rush
    Tinsley
    Projected Warriors' Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    Biedrins
    Harrington
    Jackson
    Ellis
    Davis

Season Records: (W-L)
    :thepacers 17-21 (Road: 9-12)
    21-16 (Home: 10-7)

Upcoming Games:
    DateOpponentTimeTV
    Jan 16vs Golden State7:00 pmFSBA, FSIN
    Jan 19vs Sacramento7:00 pmKXTV, FSIN
    Jan 21at Philadelphia2:00 pmCSNP
    Jan 23at Chicago8:30 pmFSIN, CSNC
    Jan 24at Milwaukee8:00 pmFSIN

Trivia Question: Who was the player traded to the Warriors in return for Jeff Foster back in 1999?
    Answer:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Default Re: 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

I need a pick me up after the $#%#$%#$ Colts game!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This game should be fun. Final score should be 130-128.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need a pick me up after the $#%#$%#$ Colts game!
    you and me both brother, im sooooo depressed right now
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watching the IU game might make you feel better, if you lean in that direction.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    Watching the IU game might make you feel better, if you lean in that direction.
    If you're an IU fan then sure, however im a Purdue fan so...
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Yeah I don't know if this is going to alleviate any stress after the Colts game.

Warriors are rested (for once) and at home, they don't lose too many of these games against lesser opponents.

I hope JOB doesn't intend on having Kareem Rush guarding Monta Ellis. He'll get dusted every single time down the floor. Dude made his first 11 shots the other night and I wouldn't put it past him to have another great night.

I sure as hell hope that JOB does not play Tinsley more than 20 minutes tonight ..

If Tinsley plays the majority of the pg minutes.. we will lose this game....
    I sure as hell DO NOT want to see the mel-mel / o'neal show tonight... cause if I do , I wont even bother watching the rest of game... cause Tinsley will FIND a way to lose it for us...

I hope JOB has seen the light with this new smaller line-up ..

If the same lineup and player rotation is played tonight , that was played against the kings... It could very well end up being a game of the year candidate... I could very well see GS becoming as much of a rival team to Indiana , as Detroit is...

There will be alot of competitiveness tonight... as this is the first game that Dun Dun , Murph, and Ike will have played against their former team... Then for GS you have .. Jack , Harrington , and Croshere.. who you just KNOW ... want to rub a win in our faces...

(I would have mentioned Sarunas , but seeing as how Nelson wont play him , he is a non-factor this game...) I see Dunleavy especially stepping up in this game... I just hope he dont lose confidence , and only shoot 7-9 shots .. I mean after all GS fans treated him like ***** , booing him at their own home games ... I see a VERY HEATED rivalry being formed in front of our eyes tonight....

I think that if JOB lets Diener play 28 to 30 minutes like he did last night... that we will see another 19+ point game out of him... I personally think he is gonna burn baron up at the point offensively.... The only advantage I see in that matchup for Baron Davis... is the fact that he drives the lane alot and can be a high flyer when he wants to be... and defensively he is a little bit more effective and seasoned than Diener...
    But I think Travis is too fast for him... lol

Ya I think tonight's game is gonna be a thrilla ...

I forsee 1 of 2 things happening tonight...

Either we will win by a total blowout...
    or
    I see us fighting a hard fought battle into OT , possibly Double OT ... with Pacers coming up with the win..

Personally I think the latter will occur ..

IF..... and I mean IF ... JOB dont push Tinsley down our throats this game...

As I said before... if that happens.. we will lose this game.. ....mark my words...
    Last edited by Kemo; 01-13-2008 at 05:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    I think that if JOB lets Diener play 28 to 30 minutes like he did last night... that we will see another 19+ point game out of him... I personally think he is gonna burn baron up at the point offensively.... The only advantage I see in that matchup for Baron Davis... is the fact that he drives the lane alot and can be a high flyer when he wants to be... and defensively hs is a little bit more seasoned than Diener...
    Baron Davis probably doesn't even know who Diener is.

And I don't see this becoming a rivalry, there's no significance in a matchup that happens only a couple of times per season and places little bearing on the playoffs. The meeting last year wasn't even close either.

I disagree .. only for the fact you have 2 teams that traded a combined 8 players ... and believe me there is animosity between the players and their former teams... watch what i say.. this is going to be a good game..
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.

I never said that these individual games won't be entertaining, but there's nothing to merit the development of a rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    Baron Davis probably doesn't even know who Diener is.

You are probably right , hell he prally don't even know who is president right now.. lol... ..Although I enjoyed watching him play in the playoffs last year.... Baron's a knucklehead at times ... and a loose cannon..

Ajbry, are you still a Pacers fan...?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. One good game and all of a sudden, Diener is faster (and better) than Baron Davis?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let's step it up and get a win.

Get back to .500, damnit.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Ajbry, are you still a Pacers fan...?
    My interest fades in and out. Reggie and Jack were far and away my favorite Pacers and without their presence, it ain't really like I have too much invested in a team that's several hundred miles away to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Wow. One good game and all of a sudden, Diener is faster (and better) than Baron Davis?
    not 1 good game .. if you know my posting history and my ravings about Diener, then you would know.. its NOT because of 1 good game.. geeze..

and yes Baron Davis has a screw loose .. at times he is a great PG .. and other times he leaves you wondering WTF?!

Sports Logo

I sure as hell hope that JOB does not play Tinsley more than 20 minutes tonight ..

I sure as hell DO NOT want to see the mel-mel / o'neal show tonight... cause if I do , I wont even bother watching the rest of game... cause Tinsley will FIND a way to lose it for us...

If the same lineup and player rotation is played tonight , that was played against the kings... It could very well end up being a game of the year candidate... I could very well see GS becoming as much of a rival team to Indiana , as Detroit is...

There will be alot of competitiveness tonight... as this is the first game that Dun Dun , Murph, and Ike will have played against their former team... Then for GS you have .. Jack , Harrington , and Croshere.. who you just KNOW ... want to rub a win in our faces...

(I would have mentioned Sarunas , but seeing as how Nelson wont play him , he is a non-factor this game...) I see Dunleavy especially stepping up in this game... I just hope he dont lose confidence , and only shoot 7-9 shots .. I mean after all GS fans treated him like ***** , booing him at their own home games ... I see a VERY HEATED rivalry being formed in front of our eyes tonight....

I think that if JOB lets Diener play 28 to 30 minutes like he did last night... that we will see another 19+ point game out of him... I personally think he is gonna burn baron up at the point offensively.... The only advantage I see in that matchup for Baron Davis... is the fact that he drives the lane alot and can be a high flyer when he wants to be... and defensively he is a little bit more effective and seasoned than Diener...

or
    I see us fighting a hard fought battle into OT , possibly Double OT ... with Pacers coming up with the win..

As I said before... if that happens.. we will lose this game.. ....mark my words...
    I reallly hope that Tinsley does play.....Baron is going to abuse Diener on the offensive end. This is going to be one of those situations where I think that Diener won't be a good PG......I DO NOT WANT Diener to guard Baron.....he's just going to shoot over him everytime.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

I'm off to my 2nd Pacer game in 2 days.......here's to Dunleavy and Murphy showing the Warriors what they missed out on

Again.....if you see an Asian guy dressed in a Pacer jersey....that's probably me.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

or

I see you really keep up to date with the nba, i certainly will watch out for your postings.

If it was for Saras, Diener would be the next revelation ?

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm off to my 2nd Pacer game in 2 days.......here's to Dunleavy and Murphy showing the Warriors what they missed out on

Again.....if you see an Asian guy dressed in a Pacer jersey....that's probably me.
    You might just be our good luck chuck.

I came home to see the colts lost...and was shocked...without philip rivers and LT!? wtf?
    Pacers probably lose this one...end of a road trip on a back to back...I bet we lay down and die if the warriors hit their 3's early.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

DUN DUN for carrer high tonight. or carreer worse. theres gonna be booing! i wish theres gonna be awing!

but mostly boooos

like boooos

from the sacto game, there was already booooos
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/view...er=asc&start=0

Read this thread... its amazing how much they hate Dun. You would think he's Bill Buckner. The W fans have had this game circled on the calendar. I'd give my left nut for Dun to score 50 tonight and the Pacers win.
    Last edited by aceace; 01-13-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Why did they have to drag Quinn "know it all" Buckner in this trip? I thought he only did home games.
    Why are the Pistons getting raped by the Knicks?