View Poll Results: I think Shawne Williams needs to be a regular part of the Pacers rotation

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly agree

12 54.55%
  • Moderately agree

8 36.36%
  • Moderately disagree

2 9.09%
  • Strongly disagree

0 0%
  • I'm not sure

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 01/12/2008 Game Thread 38: Pacers at Kings

Default Re: 01/12/2008 Game Thread 38: Pacers at Kings

Congratulations ! You guys deserved to win because You were less bad overall. An ugly game with a total of 40 turnovers. Looks like JO and Brad switched uniforms tonight. Neither team has ever heard of defense BTW.
    Vulpes pilum mutat, non mores!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nice game, guys. One comment, if I might? GET DIENER MORE MINUTES!! That kid has a bright future in front of him, IMHO.

It saddened me to see the shell that wears JO's jersey. He looks like an old man out there... almost like Webber did right before he hung them up.

Anyway, congrats again. It was a fun game to watch and I'm just glad Martin is back for my Kings.

Now, go into Golden State and kick some Warriors butt, okay?
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by VF21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice game, guys. One comment, if I might? GET DIENER MORE MINUTES!! That kid has a bright future in front of him, IMHO.

It saddened me to see the shell that wears JO's jersey. He looks like an old man out there... almost like Webber did right before he hung them up.

Anyway, congrats again. It was a fun game to watch and I'm just glad Martin is back for my Kings.

Now, go into Golden State and kick some Warriors butt, okay?
    If you get rid of that Artest feller, I'd say your team's future is pretty bright as well. And we will certainly try to beat those *******s...

Your announcers said a lot of good things about Dunleavy, and I liked that. I think you guys are due for a string of wins sooner or later. Plus, I'm a huge Douby fan because of his collegiate career at Rutgers - just wish he'd wax the uni.

big win! we almost choked it away down the stretch but we got the W!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    If you get rid of that Artest feller, I'd say your team's future is pretty bright as well.
    We are working on it but him being injured doesn't help. Once Bibby and Artest are playing somewhere else - we can finally move on to rebuild.

Should have traded JO for Bynam when You had a chance. He was a superstar and now he is ... well he was one of the best Kings tonight

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe they are the Sacto announcers...
    And ironically, the one you're referring to is Jerry Reynolds, who comes from ... wait for it... French Lick, Indiana.

NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    I think Jermaine's last two free throws were huge. It allowed the Pacers to play a head.

Really happy that Travis may be starting to come around. Turns out we may have a second point guard on this team. Lets hope he keeps it up.

A second point guard really... I still think we only have one. Travis is the best point we have right now. That pass at the end to Danny for 3 was something Tinsley would have just thrown up a running brick from like he always does in close games. Right now I think Jeff Foster is a better point guard than Tins.

Quote Originally Posted by VF21 View Post
    And ironically, the one you're referring to is Jerry Reynolds, who comes from ... wait for it... French Lick, Indiana.

Hey, I'm from New Jersey, how would I know?

Quote Originally Posted by piksi View Post
    We are working on it but him being injured doesn't help. Once Bibby and Artest are playing somewhere else - we can finally move on to rebuild.

Should have traded JO for Bynam when You had a chance. He was a superstar and now he is ... well he was one of the best Kings tonight
    Maybe you guys can package them for some expirings, a young big, and a first rounder.

I don't think Bynum was ever on the table, sadly enough. And I think JO still has value, even if he didn't show it tonight. There's a significant disconnect between JO and the coach's system which needs to be corrected, that's all. Or we just need to send him somewhere where he will be useful.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    As I have said ALL along.... Diener needs this playing time.. and you will see an all-star form in front of your eyes...

I really really REALLY think we need to put Tinsley as backup off-the-bench .. LET DIENER BE OUR STARTER !!!

I just hope you all can see my case for this... who knows.. maybe if Tinsley plays off the bench , he may actually play better .. lol ..

Tonight Diener is showcasing ALL the things I have gone on and on about when bragging about him on here to you guys...

I said it once, and I'll say it AGAIN ... Travis CAN become another Jason Kidd/Steve Kerr/Mark Price .. given the opportunityand PT...

I really hope Jim O'Brian can see this .. and siezes the opportunity .. Just look how GREAT the Pacers are playing with TD , Williams , Quis , Dunleavy and Foster on the floor... can't forget Rush... with this group either..
    As you can see.. Quis is playing awesome too this game... showcasing why he is so valuable to this team..

Pacers chemistry with the above mentioned on the floor is outstanding..

In my opinion .. we should trade Jermaine and Tinsley .. for the a BIG name , as well as a reputation of being a baller .. such as T-Mac .. or a big guy like Bynum..

I am sure you guys notice .. EVERY time that JO and JT step on the floor... the offense goes stagnant for the most part???

I hope it opens up Larry and JOB's eyes... I really do...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    I don't know why you are rolling your eyes.. but what I say is true regarding Diener...

I am glad some of you are coming around and seeing what I have been saying all along..

In another thread I stated that Diener needs to play between 28 and 30 minute per game and we would see his game come out.. and look he got 28.53 minutes... he scores 19 on 6/10 FG shooting .. he shot 5/7 3-pointers...
    2/2 FT's , 3 Rebs , 3 Assists , and 1 steal ... (I woulda liked to see him get more assists, but he made some TREMENDOUS passes !)

OH .. and one of the most important things I almost forgot... ZERO TURNOVERS !!!

AND to top it off he gets Player Of The Game ..

ya as I said before EVERYTIME O'neal or Tinsley were in the game.. the offense went stagnant . and the Kings went on a run.. coincidence...?? I think Not..
    Last edited by Kemo; 01-13-2008 at 12:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Maybe you guys can package them for some expirings, a young big, and a first rounder.

I don't think Bynum was ever on the table, sadly enough. And I think JO still has value, even if he didn't show it tonight. There's a significant disconnect between JO and the coach's system which needs to be corrected, that's all. Or we just need to send him somewhere where he will be useful.

Bibby has a large contract and he was hurt a lot. Additionally he had a couple of bad seasons and he has never played defense to begin with.

Ron - what could I possibly tell You that You don't know. We all hope that Isaiah will take him so we can rob the Knicks of some young players.

And we would really like to package Kenny Thomas with one of them - pretty please.

I don't know the details and the contract situation with JO but it looks like he might be on the down side of his career and he really didn't fit the style You guys were playing tonight

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    I think Jermaine's last two free throws were huge. It allowed the Pacers to play a head.
    Hey...you're not allowed to mention JO offensive rebounds that result in two points. It's counter to the "JO sucks" argument and therefore never happened. You're supposed to ignore such things and only focus on missed jump shots. Shape up.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't get all the JO hate from the game tonight. The Pacers continued to dump it to him because Sac was quickly double teaming any time he touched the ball in the post. They applied some good pressure and forced him to turn it over more times than you would like, but overall he played a pretty quality game. Got to the line 10 times and dished out 5 assists. Isn't that the type of game that all you people whining about him want?

Quote Originally Posted by mb221 View Post
    I don't get all the JO hate from the game tonight. The Pacers continued to dump it to him because Sac was quickly double teaming any time he touched the ball in the post. The applied some good pressure and forced him to turn it over more times than you would like, but overall he played a pretty quality game. Got to the line 10 times and dished out 5 assists. Isn't that the type of game that all you people whining about him want?
    Exactly. It's called inside-out. JO handled most every possession optimally in the 4th. There were multiple kick-outs when jump shooters missed open shots. He played very, very well in the 4th.

EDIT: Just looked back to check...and, yup...obviously there's no mention in here of Jermaine's really nice bounce pass from the elbow to a cutting Dunleavy for a wide-open lay-up. Did yall simply miss it flipping channels, or just pretend it didn't happen?
    Last edited by JayRedd; 01-13-2008 at 01:08 AM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Hey...you're not allowed to mention JO offensive rebounds that result in two points. It's counter to the "JO sucks" argument and therefore never happened. You're supposed to ignore such things and only focus on missed jump shots. Shape up.
    I'm sorry Jay I forogt. I know I can do better.

But really though I don't know what Jermaine was supposed to do when they doubled him, shoot? Jim said after the game that they got a lot of good looks tonight. Maybe Jermaine had a little to do with that?

Good Job Larry! Indianapolis_girly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Exactly. It's called inside-out. JO handled most every possession optimally in the 4th. There were multiple kick-outs when jump shooters missed open shots. He played very, very well in the 4th.

EDIT: Just looked back to check...and, yup...obviously there's no mention in here of Jermaine's really nice bounce pass from the elbow to a cutting Dunleavy for a wide-open lay-up. Did yall simply miss it flipping channels, or just pretend it didn't happen?
    I agree with you both completely on this one.

Talking Re: 01/12/2008 Game Thread 38: Pacers at Kings

I also wanted to say .. Dunleavy had a real nice game too.

When Dun throws up 15 to 20 shots .. he has good games like this and scores at least 18 to 20+ points on 60% FG shooting .. ..
    But if you notice in games he seems quiet .. he only shoots 8 or 9 FG's .. like he isn't confident in his shot.....

I think he is coming around in his confidence though and more agressive in looking for his shot..... plus , he has a good FG% anyways..

I think we will see his point averages per game go up to around 19 PPG by the time the season is over...

I really think we NEEDED this WIN .. to get the spark back in our players eyes ...
    I look for us to have a mostly winning road trip out West ... and go on a nice streak..

As long as JOB stays with this lineup .. we WILL WIN...
    Last edited by Kemo; 01-13-2008 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."