Thread: Something amazing just happened to me...

Default Something amazing just happened to me...

Part of my dream just came true, I actually talked to Reggie Miller....

Thru E-mail but good enough for me!
    Not a big deal for you guys maybe since most of you have probably seen him or even seen him play and some even talked to him in real life, but this is very big for me... I got all emotional because he was a big part of my life, because this guy was my role model since i was 11 (1990) and started playing basketball and he still is today a Person i look up to and im 26, i was dreaming everyday to see him play, i had only 1 Tape of that 25 Pts in 4th quarter game against the Knicks and used to watch it everyday and study Reggies moves, even today i do the same... But i am not like most of Reggies fans, i am student of his game aswell, if im gona be honest he is the reason for where i am at today... a succesfull basketball player in the Swedish League with an extremly similar gamestyle to Reggie.

Reggie became for me only a character who i have been looking on TV everyday and who i dreamed of meeting / seeing for 16 years, you know? Just a Dream... He was for me only like a made up character, a fiction...... and after all these years, i suddenly talk to him and he thanks ME... ME! The feeling is not something i can describe. Hope you understand..

ANYWAYS...

I saw that TNT commercial, "Send a question to Reggie @ reggiesmailbag@turner.com". So, what the heck.. i just made up some easy question and sent him that e-mail, but the main reason was just to get a chanse to talk to him, to thank him and to include some words of Respect... its not the best letter but man what do you say to a guy like this!? I just had to do it, I tryed not to be to serious or to emotional...

Here is the letter i sent:

"A question and sign of Respect for Reggie, from Enes Jusufi (Croatia)

First of all i would like to say hello Reggie, i am a very big fan of yours... seen almost all of your games since 1990, watched as a fan, as a Pacer fan and as a basketball player and student of the game and student of YOUR game....

I did what Rip Hamilton did, watched your games and studied your moves, how you moved without the ball, using the screens to get open. You are the greatest screen / moving without the ball Player in NBA history according to me and you are my Role Model, your work ethics are the greatest and i think you are one of the greatest shooters of all time and clutch players of all time (if not the greatest)........

I have very many things to say, but most importantly i would like to say that you have been a big part of my life... Going thru War as a kid, you and the Pacers were my getaway and the court was my sanctuary, you made my day better.
    Watching you was like a Lesson for me every game, you had a bag of tricks every game. It helped my game alot....
    I am a succesfull player now, a Shooter for a proffessional team in the Swedish Elite League, shooting guard position and yes i copied your gamestyle and have even similar frame 66 and 185 lbs... you are a big reason for my success and work ethics, so i would like to thank you for being you Reggie. My bigest wish in my life was always to see you play in Real Life or just to see you.... that wish has not happened for me yet....

ANYWAYS, TO THE QUESTION:

Who do you think is the best shooter in the NBA history and Who do you think is the best shooter in the NBA today?

All this i said is true... The next day i recieved a message, from Reggie, i still cant believe it, mainly because of his own words of respect... to me.... It really gave me extra confidence and made me emotional ofcourse.

"Hello Enes... i am really speechless reading what you said. Players and persons like you are the reason i did what i did in my life. I also understand what you are trying to say, all great basketball players had a player or somebody they looked up to, including me. I am very happy to hear that everything is going well with your life and your career aswell... keep up the good work!
    And thank you for the very kind words Enes...

To the answer to your question.

In history, Larry Bird, Jeff Mullins, Chris Mullins, Craig Hodges, Dale Ellis.. In today's game, Kobe, Michael Redd, Ray Allen, Peja......

I might take it as the question of the week.

Reggie"

ISNT THIS AWESOME??
    Last edited by #31; 01-12-2008 at 07:24 AM.

Default Re: Something amazing just happened to me...

I just cant believe that he believes that Kobe is the greatest shooter in the NBA today?? Not only do i hate Kobe, but this guy is NOT a shooter! Or? Do i have to respect Kobe now because Reggie respects him?
    Last edited by #31; 01-12-2008 at 12:21 PM.

#31.... That is a great story. I am very happy for you and I can not imagine living in an envirnoment of war and growing up with the success you have achieved. You are a very special person and I admire you.

Alabama-Redneck

Who is Jeff Mullins?

That was a great question to ask him, I'm very happy you got to communicate with him, good luck with the b-ball career.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is Jeff Mullins?
    But who is Chris Mullins?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Thanks guys, dont flatter me to much hehe... this just made my day!

But honestly, who is Jeff Mullins!? I googled him, i wonder more if he really was that great of a shooter? Because looking at his stats, it looked very average... I guess you can only know if you would see him play, Reggie probably did that?
    Last edited by #31; 01-12-2008 at 11:18 AM.

Jeff Mullins must be the guy Reggie was referring to as a great shooter that he wanted to emulate. He was an All-Star caliber player for Golden State in the 70s. Before Coach K brought all of his McDonald's All Americans to Duke, Mullins was regarded as one of the best players in Duke's history. I was a kid, but I recall him being a swingman with good range (one of those guys whose career average would be 2 or 3 points higher if there would have been a 3 point line back then). I think he went on to coach and resurrect the UNC Charlotte program.

Congrats on your career, #31. There are many of us on this forum who wish that we could have been in your shoes playing pro ball. And don't give up on the Pacers - it'll be very interesting this next year or two, but they will be back!

In a time when things are not going so well in Pacer land... this is a great feel good story. Congrats to you Enes on your playing career, you certainly chose a very special person to look up to. Without doubt my favorite player of all time. Continued success... can ask what jersey number you wear when playing :-)? LOL
    Last edited by aceace; 01-12-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

This just made my day. Thank you #31 for sharing. You remind me of myself as I was still growing up and becoming a Pacers fan. Reggie was a huge, huge part of that.

Thanks for sharing. How would we get to see one of your games?

Wonderfull story, thank you for sharing this with us.

Also man if you are playing pro ball then by all means please keep us updated every week with how you are doing and give us a breakdown of who you are playing against.

Again though, great story and I am thrilled for you.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by efhead View Post
    Thanks for sharing. How would we get to see one of your games?
    Wait until i come to NBA? Haha..
    Nah, but here where i live at the moment basketball is very underrated and the most impopular sport, even womens hockey is more popular. They dont send the games on TV, but only championship games... they send only NBA games (not live games and once per month). Thank god for Internet is all i can say.

I am just a injury proned (sprained ankle) Rookie at the moment for the team called Solna Vikings, but here is the link to the current roster and this is where my name will pop up soon i guess:
    http://basketligan.sportsverige.com/...html?id=175701

We have some "good" American players in the league that played in the NBA, NCAA .. CBA or D-League. I even heard from some guys that Magic Johnson and Dennis Rodman played in this league once!? Must be a Joke or must have been a Charity game of some kind...

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by #31 View Post
    Part of my dream just came true, I actually talked to Reggie Miller....

Thru E-mail but good enough for me!
    Not a big deal for you guys maybe since most of you have probably seen him or even seen him play and some even talked to him in real life, but this is very big for me... I got all emotional because he was a big part of my life, because this guy was my role model since i was 11 (1990) and started playing basketball and he still is today a Person i look up to and im 26, i was dreaming everyday to see him play, i had only 1 Tape of that 25 Pts in 4th quarter game against the Knicks and used to watch it everyday and study Reggies moves, even today i do the same... But i am not like most of Reggies fans, i am student of his game aswell, if im gona be honest he is the reason for where i am at today... a succesfull basketball player in the Swedish League with an extremly similar gamestyle to Reggie.

Reggie became for me only a character who i have been looking on TV everyday and who i dreamed of meeting / seeing for 16 years, you know? Just a Dream... He was for me only like a made up character, a fiction...... and after all these years, i suddenly talk to him and he thanks ME... ME! The feeling is not something i can describe. Hope you understand..

ANYWAYS...

I saw that TNT commercial, "Send a question to Reggie @ reggiesmailbag@turner.com". So, what the heck.. i just made up some easy question and sent him that e-mail, but the main reason was just to get a chanse to talk to him, to thank him and to include some words of Respect... its not the best letter but man what do you say to a guy like this!? I just had to do it, I tryed not to be to serious or to emotional...

Here is the letter i sent:

"A question and sign of Respect for Reggie, from Enes Jusufi (Croatia)

First of all i would like to say hello Reggie, i am a very big fan of yours... seen almost all of your games since 1990, watched as a fan, as a Pacer fan and as a basketball player and student of the game and student of YOUR game....

I did what Rip Hamilton did, watched your games and studied your moves, how you moved without the ball, using the screens to get open. You are the greatest screen / moving without the ball Player in NBA history according to me and you are my Role Model, your work ethics are the greatest and i think you are one of the greatest shooters of all time and clutch players of all time (if not the greatest)........

I have very many things to say, but most importantly i would like to say that you have been a big part of my life... Going thru War as a kid, you and the Pacers were my getaway and the court was my sanctuary, you made my day better.
    Watching you was like a Lesson for me every game, you had a bag of tricks every game. It helped my game alot....
    I am a succesfull player now, a Shooter for a proffessional team in the Swedish Elite League, shooting guard position and yes i copied your gamestyle and have even similar frame 66 and 185 lbs... you are a big reason for my success and work ethics, so i would like to thank you for being you Reggie. My bigest wish in my life was always to see you play in Real Life or just to see you.... that wish has not happened for me yet....

ANYWAYS, TO THE QUESTION:

Who do you think is the best shooter in the NBA history and Who do you think is the best shooter in the NBA today?

All this i said is true... The next day i recieved a message, from Reggie, i still cant believe it, mainly because of his own words of respect... to me.... It really gave me extra confidence and made me emotional ofcourse.

"Hello Enes... i am really speechless reading what you said. Players and persons like you are the reason i did what i did in my life. I also understand what you are trying to say, all great basketball players had a player or somebody they looked up to, including me. I am very happy to hear that everything is going well with your life and your career aswell... keep up the good work!
    And thank you for the very kind words Enes...

To the answer to your question.

In history, Larry Bird, Jeff Mullins, Chris Mullins, Craig Hodges, Dale Ellis.. In today's game, Kobe, Michael Redd, Ray Allen, Peja......

I might take it as the question of the week.

Reggie"

ISNT THIS AWESOME??
    Dude, that's sweet, I watched one of the Reggie's Mailbag question's on NBA.com just last night.

I'm going to think of something to e-mail him.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good luck with your pro career #31, you may be "just an injury prone rookie" but as an injury prone 7th man in middle school 13 year old basketball, you've outdone me already.

This is a great reminder of how the Pacers were able to build so much goodwill among the fans in the 1990's. We need someone like that today .