Thread: Kstat was right

Default Kstat was right

On NBA TV, Ronnie Nunn, Director of NBA Officials, just admitted the call at the end of the Pistons vs Wolves should have been a no-call not a foul.

He stated the young ref made a mistake. At least they admit it.

I would rather be the hammer than the nail

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kstat was right

On NBA TV, Ronnie Nunn, Director of NBA Officials, just admitted the call at the end of the Pistons vs Wolves should have been a no-call not a foul.

He stated the young ref made a mistake. At least they admit it.

Ah well, such is life, mistakes happen......

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

I'm sorry to say this but I never got to see the Larry Johnson play. I've heard of it and the subsequent results but can someone in detail explain what happened on that play?

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sorry to say this but I never got to see the Larry Johnson play. I've heard of it and the subsequent results but can someone in detail explain what happened on that play?
    1. Foul
    2. Dribble
    3. Shot
    4.Put him on the line...

I know someone will give you explicits, but that is it in a nutshell to me...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

1. Foul
    2. Dribble
    3. Shot
    4.Put him on the line...

To this day I still cannot believe that call, it will go down as the worst call against the Pacers ever. The reason why it will is because it was not a judgement call, it would be like giving a player three free throws when a guy misses but gets fouled on a 10 ft shot. It wasn't just a bad call it was a wrong call

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

LARRY JOHNSON...........WITH A 3!!!!!!! AND PUT HIM ON THE LINE!!!!!!!

ed:
    Doesn't either TNT or ABC use that shot and the Garden's rousing reaction in their intro? I know every time I see it, makes me want to
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

1. Foul
    2. Dribble
    3. Shot
    4.Put him on the line...

Good synopsis except didn't something like 15 minutes pass between the foul and the shot? It seems like the officials looked around, saw they were in the Garden and decided they had better make a call if they wanted to get out of the building alive.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I hate to be the one to say this but it has to be said.

The call was wrong, without a doubt.

But it was not the last play of the game. We got an offensive opprotunity after that call that we just pissed away.

But the call still sucked though, kind of like that fold in the envelope back on draft day.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Horrible call - no doubt.

May have cost the Pacers the game but ...

Indy had just pissed away an 8-pt lead in less than a minute. That's a BIGGER reason they lost that game.

Sort of like Reggie's 8 pts in 16 seconds. Yeah, he shoved Greg Anthony to the floor to make a steal but that doesn't mean the Knicks didn't choke - if they'd done what they should've it would never have gotten to that point.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Horrible call - no doubt.

May have cost the Pacers the game but ...

Indy had just pissed away an 8-pt lead in less than a minute. That's a BIGGER reason they lost that game.

Sort of like Reggie's 8 pts in 16 seconds. Yeah, he shoved Greg Anthony to the floor to make a steal but that doesn't mean the Knicks didn't choke - if they'd done what they should've it would never have gotten to that point.
    I am saying this a little tongue in cheek, the incident occurred 5 seasons ago so it is history, but it is easy to make up an 8 point deficit when you score 4 pts per play.

The Pacers did not give up an 8 point lead in less than a minute. The way I remember it, Pacers had an 8 point lead with 3 minutes to go. I still have the game on tape, if anyone really cares i could go back and watch it and let you know

Mood

The Pacers did not give up an 8 point lead in less than a minute. The way I remember it, Pacers had an 8 point lead with 3 minutes to go. I still have the game on tape, if anyone really cares i could go back and watch it and let you know
    Please do.

Sports Logo

Wasnt there no time left on the clock when he hit that shot. They should overturn the results the Pistons won that game. I know they wont but they should

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wasnt there no time left on the clock when he hit that shot. They should overturn the results the Pistons won that game. I know they wont but they should
    Technically, there was little more than a second left. The thing was, we weren't in the penalty yet, so the game was essentially over.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

1. Foul
    2. Dribble
    3. Shot
    4.Put him on the line...

Good synopsis except didn't something like 15 minutes pass between the foul and the shot? It seems like the officials looked around, saw they were in the Garden and decided they had better make a call if they wanted to get out of the building alive.

What we've left out is Slick Leonard's comment during the timeout before that play. "I'd have all five guys at half court doing pushups, that way there's no chance of a foul and a four-point play." What a horrible premonition.

I know the continuation portion was a bad call, but Antonio deserves as much blame, if not more, than Jess Kersey does. He did foul LJ, and that was just plain foolish.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you