Thread: Freddie Jones! and other thoughts on the Suns game

Default Freddie Jones! and other thoughts on the Suns game

I thought the Pacers played well overall.

First half Artest and Harrington really led the team and they were the reason why the Pacers at least had an 8 point lead at halftime.

You could tell Ron was reluctant to shoot and he tried to pass more and he created a lot of offense for others tonight.

Third quarter was somewhat typical for the Pacers, they usually play very well in the 3rd quarter of games.

Ron hit a few shots and then Reggie basically put the game away.

Joe Johnson is a very tough player to defend, he is sneaky in his moves, he does not look that quick, but he beats his man often and somewhat easily.

Some comments on Pacer players.

I loved Al's aggressiveness tonight, he did not settle for the outside shot, he took the ball hard to the basket, that was nice to see.

Tinsley looked really quick tonight, this was his type of game, fast and free wheeling. Tinsley was very impressive tonight, he did a great job getting Reggie the ball in the third.

Freddie Jones. Wow, he was excellent tonight too. I know a few of you mentioned last week that you just did not see much from Freddie, well I hope you watched the game tonight, because he was great. That block where he hit his head on the backboard was awesome. Freddie even made a few shots, he looked really good tonight.

Any win is a good win and it is nice to have some time off between games.

Default Re: Freddie Jones! and other thoughts on the Suns game

I thought for the first time Freddie looked somewhat comfortable with his shots. I'd have to think that was his best all-around game as a pro.

pacerchic

I read in the box score that Johnson started at pg.....what happened?

I read in the box score that Johnson started at pg.....what happened?
    Tinsley was 25 min. late to practice, so he was (as is the policy) fined and benched. No biggie. He'll start again starting Saturday.