Thread: Remember those Piston fans you guys hated??

PistonsDynasty

Default Remember those Piston fans you guys hated??

http://www.detroitsportsrag.com/arti...rill060104.asp

Home away from home

It aint no party like a Detroit party, cause a Detroit party dont stop.
    I said it aint no party like a Detroit party, cause a Detroit party dont stop!!!

Those words were true to form Sunday night in Indianapolis.

I returned back from Indianapolis early Monday evening and I am still pumped over the Pistons victory in game 5 over the Pacers.

The festivities began at the Pub, which is the closest establishment to Conseco Fieldhouse, located directly across the street. We walked into the bar and you would have thought it was Hoops or the Post in Auburn Hills. The Final Countdown was blasting on the juke box followed by an entire Eminem CD. The place was packed with people wearing red, white, and blue. Not too much yellow to be seen.

When we left and walked over to the arena, there were more Pistons fans all over the streets. Shouts of "Big Ben" over and over out of the J-Moss's mouth to each and every group of Pistons fans.

Inside the arena, there were Pistons jerseys and fros lining the entire concourse of the upper bowl. My hands were raw from all the high fives on the way to the seats. This was unreal.

Bruce Hornsby, remember the Prick's buddy? Well he almost put everyone to sleep with his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

After everyone awoke after a brief nap, the Conseco Fieldhouse began to rock all night long, but the lyrics changed shortly after halftime. The Pacers fans began to give up on their impersonation of a home crowd during the Pistons third quarter run and the Fieldhouse's voice started to change. The people standing up cheering for the majority of the second half were Pistons fans.

The Pacers fans sat on their hands and had to listen to "Lets go Pistons" chants all over their home court. What were they going to do? People are too nice and polite in Indianapolis. They were very nice hosts.

As the game went later into the 4th quarter, the Pacers fans began to trickle out, and the Pistons fans totally took over. The 'We want Darko" chant was heard throughout the entire arena in the final minutes.

When the game ended, the place was filled with moslty Pistons fans. The concourse was jammed with fans chanting, jumping up and down, and high fiving each other. The arena had become The Conseco Palace for the night. More chants of "Lets go Pistons", followed by "Reggie Sucks", then "Bad Boys", and "Goin' Back to Cali", "Pistons Basketball", and "Have a safe ride home." The most popular saying by Indy fans to us following the game one loss.

The highlight of the celebration was Moss chest bumping this guy in the 313 Pistons jersey with his arms raised in the air. I am still beating myself up for missing the picture of that one. It was almost the end of the J-Moss.

Indiana fans should be embarrassed that they allowed the opposing team to come into their house and take over. This would never happen in Detroit. They cannot even sell out an 18,000 seat arena with their own fans. Yet, they have 250,000 people show up for a car race. Vroom vroom.

After leaving, we wound up at a place called Jillian's. It is a sports bar that is one block away from the Pacers home. The place is lined with Indianapolis 500 banners on one end, which is to be expected. But the other end of the place is plastered with Chicago Cubs banners. What the f@#%? Are people more into Cubs baseball than Pacers basketball in this town? This made absolutely no sense to me.

We left Jillian's with about ten other Pistons fans and journeyed, in the rain, to another place across downtown. When we got there, the place was packed with Pistons jerseys and one guy in a Reggie Miller jersey. It was unbelievable.

I never felt so at home 300 miles away.

Now everybody, GET UP AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Game 6 is ours for the taking and the Palace will be rocking, with at least 99.9% Pistons fans.

Get up, everybody's gonna move their feet. Get down, everybody's gonna leave their seat. You gotta lose your mind in Detroit rock city.

------------

PICTURES of PISTON FANS TAKING OVER CONSECO!!!

Artestaholic

Default Re: Remember those Piston fans you guys hated??

Artestaholic

Pistons fans sure are some ugly mofos.
    We've got the sterotypical trailor park trash (woman in Superman shirt in top pic, guy with bad sideburns (acne?) in bottom pic) to the nerds (2 prominent guys in middle pic, middle eastern(?) guy in bottom pic), to the lazy jobless welfare check ghetto ho (black chick with hoop earrings) to just being downright obese (black guy in top pic, plus you can see the large fat buildup on the back of his head in the bottom pic)
    Very different on the outside, yet the same idiotic Pistons fans on the inside.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Our fans SHOULD be embarassed to let the Pistons fans take over like that.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Hated??? Thats incorrect we STILL do!!!

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Btw as a European I am surprised fans of opposing teams sit mixed in the same blocks, if you were to that in a soccer match ANYWHERE in Europe, you would have a war on your hands in that stadium, not just a few words, but literally lots of people wounded, hell I'm sure if the club would be big enough there would be people dying in the stadium if the seats for fans were mixed.

Its a good thing though that mixed seatings are possible, don't get me wrong

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Artestaholic

I think I found out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa....I think this guy ate him.

PistonsDynasty

Pistons fans sure are some ugly mofos.
    We've got the sterotypical trailor park trash (woman in Superman shirt in top pic,
    That's a PACER FAN!! Look at her face. She isn't happy she's upset at the Piston fans taking over.

P.S. Now I can see why some of your guys were p*ssed. They took over!! WOW, I couldn't believe it until I saw the Pics.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

don't you have a pistons board you should be on , instead of posting this trash here. Things are already heated enough and you gotta throw some gasoline on the fire

PistonsDynasty

don't you have a pistons board you should be on , instead of posting this trash here. Things are already heated enough and you gotta throw some gasoline on the fire
    Some of t he guys weren't at the game and heard alot about the "RUDE" Piston fans. I was just passing on a link and a few pictures Sir.

Please forgive me for I not know.

Those who sit at home should not throw stones........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Artestaholic

I sit at home because I don't have the $$$ for tickets. If I had it I'd be there.
    I can barely afford cable to watch the damn games on tv!

I was at Game 2.

DTropps

I went to a home game every round and went to Milwaukee for one game. Not many Pistons fans in Milwaukee. They were very friendly there. There was a time when we were trailing and the guy next to me actually said "don't worry, things will get better" and he was being genuine. Here's a Buck fan. I'm sitting next to him wearing my Pistons' garb and he was consolling me. It was pretty funny.

I wanted to go to game #5 but couldn't. Otherwise I would've been in Indy too.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

How many of those Piston fans just happened to be here for the race too? (BTW it's more like > 300,000 if it ain't raining).

At any rate. Thanks for spending some of that Michigan $$$ down here.

Oh, and tell all those Execs in Dearborn/Detroit to keep sending me those offers for my property up there. One of these days I might accept one of them and retire my own damn self.

To Arizona.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

woman without a team

I was at Game 2.
    But you weren't at game 5 so quit *****ing.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Game 2 was bad, game 5 was worse.

I'm not a very violent, confrontational person. But I was thinking about bringing a baseball bat to Game #7 if that's what it took to beat the Pistons fans back into acceptable behavior. That seems to be the only rule/ logic they understand or respect. Its like thier mental process is: "As long as you elect not to kick my @$$, I'm going to continue being a jerk."

As always, ed:.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Game 2 was bad, game 5 was worse.

I'm not a very violent, confrontational person. But I was thinking about bringing a baseball bat to Game #7 if that's what it took to beat the Pistons fans back into acceptable behavior. That seems to be the only rule/ logic they understand or respect. Its like thier mental process is: "As long as you elect not to kick my @$$, I'm going to continue being a jerk."

As always, ed:.
    Jay I was considering the same thing , I tell if I was a few years younger and alot less wiser , I woulda had a few pistons fans pleading for mercy.

Then I thought to myself this is what the furture of our country acts like please ...Don't let me live past 60

Southside_Pacer

It's not as if Indianapolis had great weather for Game 5.

I do believe for MANY people that day in the city there were a heck of a lot more important things going on than a Pacers game.

For me, the most important thing was worrying if my house was going to be there the next day in tact.

I wouldn't be shocked if people didn't go to the game out of weather.

Mood

Hell with my house I can always rebuild , my house or anything material would never cause me worries , now my family would and my life ..thoses things you can't replace with any amount of money.

I don't think the weather kept many , I do think alot of Pacers fans sold there tickets , because the money was good , I don't remember seeing alot of empty seats ....it was more upsetting how so many pistons fans got tickets I think for most.

Hell with my house I can always rebuild , my house or anything material would never cause me worries , now my Pacers cannot be replaced with any amount of money

Isn't that what you meant to say

Mood

Hell with my house I can always rebuild , my house or anything material would never cause me worries , now my Pacers cannot be replaced with any amount of money

Isn't that what you meant to say
    sure UB :P

It's not as if Indianapolis had great weather for Game 5.

I do believe for MANY people that day in the city there were a heck of a lot more important things going on than a Pacers game.

For me, the most important thing was worrying if my house was going to be there the next day in tact.

I wouldn't be shocked if people didn't go to the game out of weather.
    Don't be shocked - I was planning to drive down. Hadn't decided whether I'd go to the game or watch from The Pub - was gonna see what was available and for how much.

The live tornado shots from 65 & 465 on ch 13 traffic cameras changed my plans.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire