Thread: Chuck Person/Artest blurb from Fox Sports

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Chuck Person/Artest blurb from Fox Sports

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/teamRep...pe=InsideSlant

Ron Artest has already experienced this reunion.

It's Chuck Person's turn now.
    While the Kings assistant coach's first faceoff against his former franchise isn't quite as controversial as that of the mercurial Artest, Person will nonetheless be reminded of what could have been when the Pacers enter Arco Arena on Saturday. Person, who spent the first six seasons of his 13-year career in Indiana, was hired as a Pacers special assistant in 2002 and ended his tenure there as an assistant coach last season. Before departing, he had become a candidate for the head coaching position that eventually went to Jim O'Brien. Person even interviewed with Pacers president Larry Bird and CEO Donnie Walsh.

But Person eventually landed in Sacramento, where his close ties to Artest certainly helped him earn the job. Artest, who had best seasons while working with Person in Indiana, is an avid supporter.

"Right before I got suspended (in 2004) with the brawl (in Detroit), I was probably going to be the MVP that year," Artest said earlier this season. "Chuck Person is the only reason that I took my game to another level.

"When I (was traded in January 2005 to the Kings), that was the worst thing to ever happen, because I would've went anywhere with Chuck. It's just great to have him here."
    Artest was going to be MVP and Chuck was his savior? Interesting.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chuck Person/Artest blurb from Fox Sports

to be honest Artest was the MVP of our team. And our team was picked by some to win the East. So it was almost possible.

And then the brawl....

You know what, I certainly fault Ron for going into the stands when that numbnutz hit him with that cup, but there aren't very many players who will stand idly by if someone hurls something at them from the stands. The brawl says as much about some of the people in attendance that day, when they started chucking all manner of stuff from the stands. Now, to be sure, Ronnie has some serious issues (I've heard some suggest he's bipolar, but who knows), but I can't say I wouldn't take Ron back if the Pacers made that move. I put as much blame on Stephen Jackson as the fuel to Ronnie's spark that day, by the way. And then the Piston fans, these people coming out on the court and all of that, and hurling chairs. I don't think Ron created all the problems that day, he just crashed down the door that let them out.

To me this just further demonstrates that Ron is about Ron.

People, I just love how we are all getting misty eyed and nostalgic over a player who has done more damage to our franchise than all of our other players combined in the history of our team.

Ron is not some misunderstood mental patient who only needs our love and attention.

Ron is a self centered, selfish cancer who took our entire franchise down with him.

The brawl in Detroit was nothing but a symptom of the overall disease, it was not the disease itself.

Ron was a drag on the entire team. Ron was uncoachable in the long term. Yes, Rick got more out of him than anyone but guess who Ron resented more than anyone? That's right, Rick.

Look I have never held back on two things.

1. Ron Artest was a cancer and had to go, I was screaming that every single day on here for two years before the brawl.

2. Ron Artest is one hell of a gifted basketball player who is better than Jermaine O'neal. However his self centered attitude made it so that Jermaine was more valuable to our team.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me this just further demonstrates that Ron is about Ron.

People, I just love how we are all getting misty eyed and nostalgic over a player who has done more damage to our franchise than all of our other players combined in the history of our team.

Ron is not some misunderstood mental patient who only needs our love and attention.

Ron is a self centered, selfish cancer who took our entire franchise down with him.

The brawl in Detroit was nothing but a symptom of the overall disease, it was not the disease itself.

Ron was a drag on the entire team. Ron was uncoachable in the long term. Yes, Rick got more out of him than anyone but guess who Ron resented more than anyone? That's right, Rick.

Look I have never held back on two things.

1. Ron Artest was a cancer and had to go, I was screaming that every single day on here for two years before the brawl.

2. Ron Artest is one hell of a gifted basketball player who is better than Jermaine O'neal. However his self centered attitude made it so that Jermaine was more valuable to our team.
    very true. ron was better than jermaine but, his baggage/problems made him impossible to keep.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    to be honest Artest was the MVP of our team. And our team was picked by some to win the East. So it was almost possible.

And then the brawl....
    You can't win the MVP by playing good ball for 10 games. Theoretically if you really want to support Ron's case, there's more than 50 possible MVP candidates every season based on Ron's logic. JO was playing like a beast that season too and just look at the Pistons. You can say we were more a team in their mold and every year the ypretty much seal the deal in the EAST. How many MVPs? = zero. All this really just leads to one thing. Artest is an idiot. Only a fool or an impressionable child will still keep on listening and believing this guy after all this time.