Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Brien show is on tonight at 6:00

Default Jim O'Brien show is on tonight at 6:00

They have moved the show to 6:00 - at least that is what I read on Indystar.com a few days ago. I'll check 1070 website

Default Re: Jim O'Brien show is on tonight at 6:00

Oh man, I hope someone can record. Someone has to ask about the game last night!!!
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

6pm...that places the show airing at 5pm CST. Cell phone timer set! I'm gonna ring AM 1070's phone off the hook this evening!!! Nearly 12 hours later and I'm still tic'd off about the way this team blew last night's game. I don't care if you believe in the philosopy of taking uncontest, open 3-pters. The fact remains that the team died by the 3-pter last night and the coach was fully aware that his players were fatigued. There's just no excuse for such a coaching blunder let alone letting one of the worse 3-pt shooters on the team continue to jack up 3-pt shots! But that's not the worst of it!

They went into OT and not once did Tinsley try to get his teammates invovled. That above all else tic's me off the most!!!

You bet I'm gonna bring up these issues if I get through provided no one else beats me to it.
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 01-10-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6pm...that places the show airing at 5pm CST. Cell phone timer set! I'm gonna ring AM 1070's phone off the hook this evening!!! Nearly 12 hours later and I'm still tic'd off about the way this team blew last night's game. I don't care if you believe in the philosopy of taking uncontest, open 3-pters. The fact remains that the team died by the 3-pter last night and the coach was fully aware that his players were fatigued. There's just no excuse for such a coaching blundder let alone letting one of the worse 3-pt shooters on the team continue to jack up 3-pt shots! But that's not the worst of it!

They went into OT and not once did Tinsley try to get his teammates invovled. That above all else tic's me off the most!!!

You bet I'm gonna bring up these issues if I get through provided no one else beats me to it.
    Ask a question that he can answer .

Are you implying he won't answer anyone question addressing why Tinsley took every shot in OT or why the team refuses to limit their jump shots in regulation play when games are close?

I'm all for his philosopy of taking wide-open 3pt shots during the flow of the game, but not so many in crunch time and especially when those shots just aren't falling. You gamble and take two or three, but when your lead is that close and you see your opponent has cut into it or taken it away because of the long rebounds you've given up AND they've countered you by driving the lanes which your team should have been doing...

No, my friend. Somebody's got to answer for this blunder. The fans deserve to know what was going through him mind and that of his starting PG.

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    Are you implying he won't answer anyone question addressing why Tinsley took every shot in OT or why the team refuses to limit their jump shots in regulation play when games are close?

I'm all for his philosopy of taking wide-open 3pt shots during the flow of the game, but not so many in crunch time and especially when those shots just aren't falling. You gamble and take two or three, but when your lead is that close and you see your opponent has cut into it or taken it away because of the long rebounds you've given up AND they've countered you by driving the lanes which your team should have been doing...

No, my friend. Somebody's got to answer for this blunder. The fans deserve to know what was going through him mind and that of his starting PG.
    O'Brien is very good at answering questions, and he is often very honest.

I was just saying that you should phrase your question or make your point in such a way that will enable Jim to answer.

For example, I would not call and say "why did Tinsley take every shot in the OT". That puts him on the defensive and allows him to answer in a way to avoid the question.

If I wanted to ask specifically about Tinsley taking those shots, I would ask Jim, "after looking at the film were you satisfied with the shots your team got in OT or late in regulations" If I had time to ask several questions, I would focus many questions on this topic. I would ask him what went into his thinking about posting JT up on Marion, and what about the cross cut play they ran quite often towards the end.

If I wanted to ask him why Williams wasn't at the end of regulation, I would ask him if there was maybe a defensive reason why he wasn't in the game.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-10-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks, UB. I'll take your advice and run with it.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

What the number to call in?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Is the show still slated to air on AM 1070, The Fan, or some other station? By my clock, we're 32 minutes from air time (4:28pm CST).

I'm assuming it will be on The Fan. That's supposed to carry all of their sports.

i just heard on 1070 that the jim obrien show will be on tonight
    Let's go Pacers

The Jim O'Brien Show will air on AM 1070 in approximately 5 minutes. Don't have a call-in number yet, but it will be airing soon. Er'body get yo' questions ready! I got 3 on tap if I get in.

Could somebody be so kind to post a summary? I'm at work and can't listen in.

I'm here tonight. So assuming it's on The Fan, I'll have it all recorded and up in 5 minutes past the show's conclusion.

5 past the hour. They're late.

Tinsley has a knee injury sustained last night that he's getting an MRI on right now and "definitely would not have practiced today."

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Tinsley has a knee injury sustained last night that he's getting an MRI on right now and "definitely would not have practiced today."
    this banged up and we rode him out in the OT?

Sounds like small-ball is on its way in to this team.

Yes. The small lineup is coming ! O'B is figuring it out...

Sports Logo

293-1070 is the # to dial for questions. I have no clue what the Area code is though.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Jim makes it sound like not only is Kareem going to be the new starting 2-guard, but he lumps him in with Shawne as two guys who are a big part of the Pacers' future. Sounds like Larry likes what he sees from Kareem and will try to re-sign him IMO. Of course, if he flops later in the year all bets are off.

When healthy, it sounds to me like this is our starting 5:

Tinsley
    Rush
    Dunleavy
    Granger
    O'Neal

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    293-1070 is the # to dial for questions. I have no clue what the Area code is though.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Alright! We're going to see more of the lineup we saw last night including more Deiner to backup Tinsley and more of Shawne Williams! That means we'll finally see the uptempo game we were promised to start the season. Yippy!!

JOB also mentioned that JO's injury situation won't get much better throughout the season. He'll probably sit out the next 10 days/games (not sure which was decided, but clearly he won't be playing for a brief spell). But here's the clincher: If the Pacers are going to a faster lineup/rotation, does that mean JO will come off the bench or will he be rotated out of the lineup sooner?

I'm having cell phone network problems due to bad weather. So, if someone could ask that question I'd greatly appreciate it.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What's the deal with Diener? How's his injury?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Cell phone network picked the wrong time to go down!!!

Can somebody ask this question in particular for me:

(Phrase it how you like...)

"Will you consider implementing a end-game rule where if the score is within 10 pts (+/-) and the game clock is around the 3-minute mark, will you emphasis drives to the lane more or will you continue to allow players to have the green light to take jump shots?"