Thread: Inspired by d_c

Default Inspired by d_c

This trade would give us veterans for the time being, a (low) first round pick for extra talent coming in this summer, and would clear (if we choose not to re-sign anyone of them) over 13 million off of our salary cap.

Indiana trades Mike Dunleavy and Jeff Foster to San Antonio for Michael Finley, Robert Horry, Brent Barry, and the Spurs' 2008 1st round draft pick.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=

Finish the year with:

Tinsley/Barry
    Finley/Daniels
    Granger/Williams
    Horry/Murphy/Diogu
    O'Neal/Harrison

Barry and Horry will likely retire, but Finley is 34 and might stick around for one last contract.

Default Re: Inspired by d_c

My first thought was Dallas would never go for that, But I don't know, they may feel that it would be an upgrade. They know all about Jeff and I'm sure they would love to have him. And it seems like the kind of system Dunleavy would do good in, not a bad replacement for Finley. It would be a pretty cool trade and probably alot of fun to watch those vets in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Horry's not one of my most favorite players, but I could deal with it.

I don't think Dallas cares one way or another.

Mal I think your idea is fair. I like it.

For us we get salary relief. 1rst round picks, no matter how low, are always nice assets. I suggested sending Jeff to the Spurs for the rights to Tiago. I'd prolly want him added in here since we give up 2 quality players.

I don't know would the Spurs want Dunleavy? They have a very flexible roster and I don't know if they would want to commit to Mike. I think he would be a very good fit for them though.

Sports Logo

I think the Spurs wouldn't mind a player like Foster....and a player like Dunleavy would fit on a team like the Spurs....but I think that the Spurs value their salarycap flexiblility.....adding Duleavy would mess that up.

I could be wrong...but with Manu, TD and Parker taking up about 40 mil in contracts, the way that the Spurs have continued to dominate from year to year is by getting those roleplayers that cost a 3 or 4 mil a season to help fill their needs from season to season.

Adding Dunleavy would severely limit their ability to sign the type of FAs that they need.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

They might be willing if they think Dunleavy could as a dimension Barry doesn't fill.

I like Dunleavy too much for this trade. Plus, I don't think that either of those guys is the problem - but, if your strategy is to make us worse in the short run, for a higher draft pick, that's certainly an option.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Horry is clutch and the Spurs will need him in the playoffs this year. No chance they let him go, esp. for Dunleavy who is not clutch and not aggressive. SA is happy with Parker, Manu, and Timmy with a bunch of throw-in role players FOR REAL CHEAP. Dun is not worth the money for the Spurs.