Thread: "Fun" times

Default "Fun" times

Since I uploaded this for someone (non-PD related), I decided to go ahead and share.

This is the result of a 5-car collision I was sadly apart of (sitting still at a light) coming home from the Cavs game on 11/25:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...t/P1010770.JPG

I'd driven the car since 2001.

I've got a new silver 2007 model I'm very happy with, but the difference is I have to pay for that one ; the old one was paid for before it became my car.

"Yay."

Oh, and I've still got a neck problem as a result of that @(%@ing incident. It's not bad, but it's annoying and occasionally a tad depressing. No, I'm not filing charges or anything such as that; I'm done.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: "Fun" times

So, how much damage was done to the Burlington Coat Factory building?

Well fortunately Tim wasn't driving so I'm happy to say none.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So I take it you rear-ended someone (keep it clean guys)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Minivan comes speeding behind us, hits stopped car #1 (we were in line at a red light), who hits stopped car #2, who slams into me, which forces me into an SUV at the front of the line. Leaving my car totaled.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Minivan comes speeding behind us, hits stopped car #1 (we were in line at a red light), who hits stopped car #2, who slams into me, which forces me into an SUV at the front of the line. Leaving my car totaled.

soccer mom late for practice?

Sorry to see that. I know how it is to lose a car unexpectantly, not just in an accident. I hope you get to feeling better. Did you at least file to get their insurance company to pay the value of your car or was it fully covered?

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Sorry to see that. I know how it is to lose a car unexpectantly, not just in an accident. I hope you get to feeling better. Did you at least file to get their insurance company to pay the value of your car or was it fully covered?
    Turns out he didn't have insurance. My own insurance (State Farm) gave us a very fair amount for the car (which was a 2000 civic). We used that money to put a down payment on this car and to pay for the first wave of insurance along with license/registration.

I'm glad they took care of you. If it is worth their time thye may go after the guy themselves to get their money back. I say their money when it is actually your money they are paying you with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Turns out he didn't have insurance. My own insurance (State Farm) gave us a very fair amount for the car (which was a 2000 civic). We used that money to put a down payment on this car and to pay for the first wave of insurance along with license/registration.
    i wish i could say i am surprised with the no insurance deal. but it seems that those who cause wrecks are usually uninsured and for a reason- they are such irresponsible douchebags and keep getting in so many wrecks, no company will touch them with a 10 foot pole or if they do offer a policy it is so understandably expensive that the driver opts to get a crappy little policy that soon expires and they never get another.

i got into a wreck years ago because some dumb b!^ch decided to run a stop sign- didn't even slow down and i hit her car and her little son was riding in the side of the car i hit. luckily her kid wasn't hurt but it was nice to know the lady was thinking of her sons safety when she ran the stop sign.
    oh yeh, and of course she didn't have insurance.