Default Re: Pacers vs. Jazz Post-Game Thread: Utah wins in a rout

JO for Redd!!
    nah jk..
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Dream Big

Dick Harter is incompetent.

I'd love to get me some Theo Ratliff/Juwan Howard action.
    Hell, add Marko Jaric and an unprotected first rounder to that list, and try to pawn off both Murphy and JO.

Or, same deal on our side for Wally Szcerbiak, Kurt Thomas, Luke Ridnour and a first rounder.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 01-09-2008 at 12:03 AM.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wasn't home to watch the game, but when I heard they were down 32 when I was in the truck, I just turned off the radio.

Is there any reason to watch the recording, or should I just erase it off the DVR?
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't home to watch the game, but when I heard they were down 32 when I was in the truck, I just turned off the radio.

Is there any reason to watch the recording, or should I just erase it off the DVR?
    Destroying the DVR is the only way to make sure you don't see it accidentally.

Mood

Come on now don't blame Dick Harter. His theories and coaching is good, but you need those type of players who will not "ole" defend.

Sports Logo

At the 3rd Qtr,we were down by 20 Pts. At that point, I just turned off Nba radio. Is anyone else getting bored of PacerBall?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

I find myself questioning if Jackson/Miller/Mullin/Smits were truly as bad defensively as we once thought. Not that I now think they were very good or anything, but damn.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I find myself questioning if Jackson/Miller/Mullin/Smits were truly as bad defensively as we once thought. Not that I now think they were very good or anything, but damn.
    That team looks like an absolute juggernaut compared to what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    At the 3rd Qtr,we were down by 20 Pts. At that point, I just turned off Nba radio. Is anyone else getting bored of PacerBall?

I didn't watch the 4th. I can't remember the last time I voluntarily did anything of the sort, maybe never. Usually, I'm interested in seeing the guys who seldom get playing time but I didn't care tonight. I watched a couple of Flight of the Conchords episodes, some Family Guy & checked in on primary results. I'll tune in for the Suns game with the confidence they can win, I guess.

Mullin was pretty bad in his later years (though he got a lot of steals to make up for some of it). Jax I would put about even with Tinsley, and Miller improved throughout his career, and ended up significantly better than Dun is now. Smits wasn't great, but surely better than Murphy.

this team doesn't play defense...can't hit layups. Can't hit open jump shots. Turns the ball over more times in 1 quarter then some teams do in a whole game...I could go on but it gets depressing.
    I'm going to have me some popcorn cause tomm.'s game vs the suns is going to be frickin hillarious.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

erase...erase...erase

I wish I could, erase this season and the way it is going for the Pacers. Back and forth, win one lose two. We need to blow this up. That is just my opinion of course, but not sure there is another way. Making the playoffs in the weak Eastern conference is nothing to get excited about, really. No way we can touch Detroit and Boston.

Well at least I have the Warriors here in Oakland, now that is an exciting team. But my damn heart always pulls for the Pacers, but I ask why more and more.

Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    I didn't watch the 4th. I can't remember the last time I voluntarily did anything of the sort, maybe never.
    If it makes you feel any better, I didn't watch the 2nd.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

It is getting pretty bad when your teams biggest win of the year comes against barely beating the hawks. The most disheartening aspect of this season is just the lack of hope for improvement. I became a fan in the mid 80's when I was a kid and maybe I just wasn't aware of the nuances of running a basketball team, but I dont ever remember thinking that the team would be horrible forever. The Pacers were getting great draft picks we were a high scoring team with young talent (rifleman reg detlef etc.)

This era barring a major lopsided trade or a ridiculous luck drafting just out of the lottery, we are doomed for years with a roster full of unmovable players and a gm who seems to be looking for the next steve alford.

Does anyone really feel that there is one player on this team that will positively affect this franchise and possibly propel the Pacers to the next level (this means competing with best teams in league on a consistent basis and going deep in the playoffs?)
    then: adverb - at that time; at the time in question

than: conjunction & preposition - introducing the second element in a comparison

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    I didn't watch the 4th. I can't remember the last time I voluntarily did anything of the sort, maybe never. Usually, I'm interested in seeing the guys who seldom get playing time but I didn't care tonight. I watched a couple of Flight of the Conchords episodes, some Family Guy & checked in on primary results. I'll tune in for the Suns game with the confidence they can win, I guess.
    I will admit that this is the 3rd time that I have tuned out a game....where we were doing so badly that I had little confidence that they could pull out a win. That's the problem....before this season, I would sit through the bitter end only because I don't get to watch/listen to that many games. Now that I can actually listen to them.....I find myself not caring. Unfortunately, I'm tuning out because we are such an "up and down" scoring team.

I consider myself a die-hard Pacer fan.....a fan that is not in Indy ( which means that I can't watch them on TV). If I am effectively tuning out the Pacers cuz I have ZERO confidence in them playing well.......I wonder what the common NBA fan in Indy is doing.

If we continue to play mediocre ball and continue to draw low attendance records at home....I really wouldn't be surprised if the Pacers Ownership doesn't consider making a major change to the FO in the offeason. Honestly, I think that TPTB tried to put out a better product to win back fans.....and unfortunately, they aren't buying it.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    erase...erase...erase

I wish I could, erase this season and the way it is going for the Pacers. Back and forth, win one lose two. We need to blow this up. That is just my opinion of course, but not sure there is another way. Making the playoffs in the weak Eastern conference is nothing to get excited about, really. No way we can touch Detroit and Boston.

Well at least I have the Warriors here in Oakland, now that is an exciting team. But my damn heart always pulls for the Pacers, but I ask why more and more.

Are you going to the Indy game on Sunday? I am so afraid that the Ws are going to humiliate the Pacers that I'm considering not wearing my Pacers jersey.

As a true and diehard Pacers fan, it's hard to see the team existing in this state where we are as inconsistent as ever and there isn't much to look forward to in terms of the games. I really would not have a problem with all this if it was for a purpose, but apparently we have our mind set in merely making the playoffs (which I really don't care for if it means improving our lotto standing).

So, in conclusion, please LB and JOB, pull out the tank. Come draft day, you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by indypacerfan54 View Post

Does anyone really feel that there is one player on this team that will positively affect this franchise and possibly propel the Pacers to the next level (this means competing with best teams in league on a consistent basis and going deep in the playoffs?)

No. There's nobody on the Pacers roster who can propel the team to the top of the standings.

But there are some good players on the team. We can build with them, even if we can't build around them.

That was a very disappointing loss, though. (This is probably the shortest, least enthusiastic Post Game thread ever.)
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Far be it from me to ever blame the offense for the poor defense. But 26 turnovers will always make your defense look really bad, because the other team is getting fastbreak after fastbreak, and then when you throw in all the missed threes that typicallly result in long rebounds those often lead to fastbreaks also.

Last night was bad, but I'm not giving up on this team - I still have hope they can start playing like they were about 3 weeks ago.

But the lack of confidence the team has right now is very evident.

Roam, I wouldn't bother watching any of the game. The only player I enjoyed a little bit tonight was Foster.

Edit: Gnome - I take that back you really need to watch the part of the game when Harrison is on the floor, because you have to see it to believe it - our discription of it will not do it justice. I think he played in the second quarter
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-09-2008 at 09:24 AM.

Utah is a well-built, talented team. We are not.

Originally that first sentence was a lot longer, but I shortened it down to not be so reactionary.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Are you going to the Indy game on Sunday? I am so afraid that the Ws are going to humiliate the Pacers that I'm considering not wearing my Pacers jersey.
    We aggree on a lot of issues, but come on now, don't be afraid to be a Pacersfan in public.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Those guys at least knew how to stay close to the guy they were defending and they didn't gamble\foul like this team does.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Normally I'm a "watch it all" type, and I did watch all of this. But honestly there just isn't much worth watching. I don't think a single player showed much positive. Even guys with okay nights showed nothing new and did more bad than good.

I mean 40 points in a quarter. That's almost 2 baskets per minute. If you let a team just pick up a ball at the other baseline, score it as quickly as possible but made them run back to the other baseline to pick up the next ball I bet they'd have trouble scoring much more than 40.

Of course when you turn it over to them at midcourt that makes it a lot shorter distance, so the Jazz had an advantage.

Look at the Jazz game here and then this one and explain to me how the team is "getting it". The Jazz came fumbling into this game too.