Thread: Off to Oslo, Norway and Stockholm, Sweden

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Off to Oslo, Norway and Stockholm, Sweden

Will be heading out there for a business trip - anyone been to any of these places before? Just wanted to get a general idea as to how big the cities are as we'll be going to different meetings across each of these cities and also if the traffic is fairly smooth or has a lot of jams?

Default Re: Off to Oslo, Norway and Stockholm, Sweden

I don't know Oslo very well but I know Stockholm fairly well.

Stockholm is big but depending on where your meetings are, you can get to one place from another fairly smoothly.

EDIT: Lemme know if you want to know more details about Stockholm - places to go, eat, drink, hang out, etc.
    Last edited by rexnom; 01-08-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know Oslo very well but I know Stockholm fairly well.

Stockholm is big but depending on where your meetings are, you can get to one place from another fairly smoothly.

EDIT: Lemme know if you want to know more details about Stockholm - places to go, eat, drink, hang out, etc.

that I do - got a very hot friend there who is waiting for my arrival...would be good if i knew some places which doesnt suck and are not a tourist trap

also - for Sweden - anyone know any other big channels besides SVT, TV3, TV4, Kanal 5?

Ok let's see. For restaurants, bars, and clubs I'd say go to any place in Östermalm. All the classiest places are there. Stureplan is a shoo-in for nice places with Sturecompagniet being Stockholm's nicest club/lounge. I guess that's not really something a tourist-guide couldn't tell you, hehe. But in this case, they'd be right.

As for tv, Swedish tv is kinda bad. Unless you have better cable, those are the channels you get.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok let's see. For restaurants, bars, and clubs I'd say go to any place in Östermalm. All the classiest places are there. Stureplan is a shoo-in for nice places with Sturecompagniet being Stockholm's nicest club/lounge. I guess that's not really something a tourist-guide couldn't tell you, hehe. But in this case, they'd be right.

As for tv, Swedish tv is kinda bad. Unless you have better cable, those are the channels you get.
    I didn't mean to watch it myself - i'm working in the TV industry and will be meeting up with the TV channels in Sweden - just wanted to see if I was missing any of the other big boys to whom I should contact and arrange meetings with

And what are the prices like in these places? Gotta take some Euros with me in advance as Hungary is still in the Forint currency...

don't worry about the last question - have to spend an extra day in Norway now - and I've heard how high the prices can be there...so i'll just take accordingly

Sorry, I keep forgetting about this thread. Yeah, Stockholm is damn expensive. I don't know how you feel about shopping but there are some nice sales right now. Otherwise it is all really expensive.

just got back from Oslo - my trip to Stockholm has been postponed.

As for Oslo - wow what a small city with very little people in it.

It felt rather empty as if everyone was on vacation or something.

Didn't know about the express train from the airport to the city center so we took the cab to the city - cost us about an hour to get to the city and 120 Euros.

Meanwhile the cab driver was talking about how he's only working once every 3 weeks and has his 5 children and wife living in all these other countries.

Sounded a bit too rich to be a cab driver...gotta love Norway I suppose for that matter.

I'll post some photos later on