Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero 3 - Through The Fire and Flames on Expert (My God)

Mood

Default Guitar Hero 3 - Through The Fire and Flames on Expert (My God)

Is that not insane?

[yt]-9ao_vOsZkg[/yt]

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Guitar Hero 3 - Through The Fire and Flames on Expert (My God)

Check out the actual guitar players, starting at 3:24, to see just how insane this song really is:

[yt]c3H4liC2sWg[/yt]

Btw, I had never heard Dragonforce before, but that's my kinda music. Gonna have to check them out.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw them at Ozzfest a few years ago.....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

what was his score?
    isn't there a 9 year old that also knocked out this on expert on youtube somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Check out the actual guitar players, starting at 3:24, to see just how insane this song really is:

[yt]c3H4liC2sWg[/yt]

Btw, I had never heard Dragonforce before, but that's my kinda music. Gonna have to check them out.
    Don't judge guitarplayers by their ability to act in music video
    While I enjoy them as a treat every once in a while, dragonforce is the epitome of fixing it in the studio. Most of their songs are actually sped up quite a bit which is painfully appearent whe n you hear them live. With the possible exception of Herman Li, they're actually pretty damn average musicians.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When I saw them I didn't think they were that good. It's been a few years, and I'd like to see them again to re-judge them because I can't remember them that well.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nobody beats Buckethead in my book.

Hip-Hop ,Guitar & Martial ArtsEnthusiast
    Tony Jaa could beat you up with his pinky.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I feel exactly like I do when I see a painstakingly created fan-made lightsaber duel on youtube.

Gee, I wonder what would have happened if he bothered to learn a real instrument and write something original? I mean, if you're going to put in that kind of effort to master something, how about something in the real world?

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with wasting time if you're having fun. But at that level, this kid clearly has a talent that should go beyond impressing his dorm buddies on a video game.

I mean this as a compliment: DUDE, get a real guitar and stop jerking off on that piece of plastic.

Time to go straight to the NBA, so to speak.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    Gee, I wonder what would have happened if he bothered to learn a real instrument and write something original? I mean, if you're going to put in that kind of effort to master something, how about something in the real world?
    Not to be a jerk, dude, but don't be a jerk.

How do you know he hasn't?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I feel exactly like I do when I see a painstakingly created fan-made lightsaber duel on youtube.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with wasting time if you're having fun. But at that level, this kid clearly has a talent that should go beyond impressing his dorm buddies on a video game.

I mean this as a compliment: DUDE, get a real guitar and stop jerking off on that piece of plastic.

Time to go straight to the NBA, so to speak.
    According to many experts, playing Guitar Hero is nothing like playing an actual guitar, so there's no guarantee he would be any good at a real instrument.

Plus, who's to say he doesn't play in a band in real life? There are many talented musicians who never make it for an abundance of reasons.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I guess I've been a jerk a lot lately.

Sorry.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I tried that song on expert for the heck of it. I think I ended up with roughly 40% of the notes hit. I just can't fathom being that good.

I think I now have carpal tunnel by proxy.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

I guess I've been a jerk a lot lately.

Sorry.
    It's cool man. In theory, I hear what you're saying. It's just the assumption that bothers me.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    It's cool man. In theory, I hear what you're saying. It's just the assumption that bothers me.
    One other thing LA is that the Xbox 360 achievement for getting 5 stars on every GH2 song is actually called "go start your own band already" (something like that). So actually the GH makers agree with you.

I freaking love these games and the thing is that when I started with GH2 I could barely stumble through a few of the mediums. Now I can actually beat some expert levels on all 3 games (GH2, 3 and Rock Band). You really learn to play the game guitar.

Now if only they could soup it up to real guitar moves and teach me that with easy to follow blinky lights.

I kinda agree with Los Angeles (before Anthem brow beat him ).

I'm thinking the kid is a bit like the dog that finally caught the UPS truck he's been chasing every day.... Now what?

And as has been said- Not much relationship between playing the game guitar and a real guitar. The game might help with some finger dexterity but it also probably instills and reinforces some bad habits along the way too.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

It's just a game.....

"This dumbass just beat 8th level Mario, but when is he going to start running outside, jumping on REAL Mushrooms and Turtles, and stop wasting his time with a video game. Loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    It's just a game.....

"This dumbass just beat 8th level Mario, but when is he going to start running outside, jumping on REAL Mushrooms and Turtles, and stop wasting his time with a video game. Loser."
    That's good. But seriously it makes me mad seeing so many people with God given plumbering talent waste it on a video game.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    That's good. But seriously it makes me mad seeing so many people with God given plumbering talent waste it on a video game.
    Yup...And if you're so good on the warp whistle, why not join the symphony?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Mood

If you can beat Grand Theft Auto, why not become a crime lord?

Wait....

I got pretty good at NBA Live years ago. Did I waste an NBA career without smoking pot?
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

You guys are really starting to make me feel guilty about never curing cancer considering as how amazing I was at Dr. Mario. What have I done with my life?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

sweabs

Newman, remember when we were playing NFL Blitz back in elementary school with Sam, and when we were running a play, Sam said "give it to me - I'm fast."

Sam is stupid. He thought that his quickness in real life would help him as a running back in NFL Blitz. Silly kid.

Also, remember when we were playing Super Smash Brothers, and we were fighting in a level that was situated in the jungle, with barrels, and treehouses, and bananas. And the music in the background went something like, "D - K............DONKEY KONG. D - K.......DONKEY KONG". And then Sam asked "Whose level is this?"
    Last edited by sweabs; 01-15-2008 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    If you can beat Grand Theft Auto, why not become a crime lord?

Wait....
    Tinsley gave it a try. Didn't quite pan out.

Just because you can smoke weed, go to strip clubs, and show up to work drunk doesn't make you ready to be a Pacers point guard.