Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game 35 Post-Game Thread: WE NEED TO TRADE JO

Default Game 35 Post-Game Thread: WE NEED TO TRADE JO

Kidding about the JO thing. I think we lost because our bigs were bad, plain and simple - and by this I mean Harrison and Murphy provided nothing. I watched the whole thing, but I don't have the best basketball mind to analyze these things. We really lost it in the third for some reason or another.

We solved the Bynum problem at halftime. He scored 21 in the first two, 2 in the final two. However, other problems arose that we couldn't solve, like dribbling the ball and passing it too.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 01-07-2008 at 12:24 AM.

Default Re: Game 35 Post-Game Thread: WE NEED TO TRADE JO

lol i dunno why we lost..the FT's were a joke.

i watched the whole game.

i just think having a PF like Odom would be much beter then a slow PF like Jermaine.

Jermaine cant drive it.

Tinsley is probably our most valuable player

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

I'm looking forward to that Suns game on the second night of a back-to-back. That should be real fun.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We're 7-3 on the 2nd nights of back-to-backs...of course none of those included the Suns on their court.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

I noticed something Positive about Diener. He gets us open shots and puts pressure on the defense. . too bad we did nothing but miss them. He did have some horrible plays, but he hasn't played for a while. But that's something Owens and Tinsley doesn't really do.

When we put him in the game, I noticed our teams started to dive for loose balls and run harder. Some of you may not agree, but I think he needs more playing time
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Everybody keep your fingers crossed on Atlanta continuing their losing ways.

I really hate T-murphs shot.

i really hope we can trade:

T-Murph, Shawne Williams & JO for some decent players.

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everybody keep your fingers crossed on Atlanta continuing their losing ways.
    I think that TPTB are banking on this for the rest of the season....hope that everyone loses in the East while we continue our stellar rise to mediocrity
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneal07 View Post
    I noticed something Positive about Diener. He gets us open shots and puts pressure on the defense. . too bad we did nothing but miss them. He did have some horrible plays, but he hasn't played for a while. But that's something Owens and Tinsley doesn't really do.

When we put him in the game, I noticed our teams started to dive for loose balls and run harder. Some of you may not agree, but I think he needs more playing time
    I noticed the same things. He can be careless at times but the O was totally bogged down all night until he entered the game. The team really fed off his energy tonight. They didn't seem to give a **** until his hustle reminded them they were playing basketball and that dude from "Superbad" was watching them.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by granger33 View Post
    lol i dunno why we lost..the FT's were a joke.

i watched the whole game.

i just think having a PF like Odom would be much beter then a slow PF like Jermaine.

Jermaine cant drive it.

Tinsley is probably our most valuable player
    What? we need a PF that can run and score in an up-tempo offense? Are you sure?

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I really hate T-murphs shot.
    I would much rather that be Drew Gooden shooting out there.

I think Murphy's shot is as flat as Tinsley's, but at least Tins' no jump jumpshot looks better than Murphy's, well, I don't even know how to describe it. Perhaps amateur Shawn Marionesque.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Just curious if anyone thinks this would be a good trade... JO and Harrison for Kwame, Odom, and Crittenden. Provides a nice young PG prospect and A lot of expiring money. Odom is up after next year. Works salary wise. I think LA might do it, that would be a serious frontcourt with Bynum and JO, might be enough to get them over the hump in the west.

Anyway, I don't know what to make of that game, I think LA is just a better team. When Kobe gets going he is just unstoppable. JO's foul trouble allowed Bynum to go off in the first half. We had an a chance to make it a game late but got really cold from the field.

I think Deiner is actually our second best point guard from the standpoint of running the team and getting guys open shots. If he could get that shot to fall consistently he could make a great backup, brings lots of energy. He almost got us back in that game, but nobody could hit a shot.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Just curious if anyone thinks this would be a good trade... JO and Harrison for Kwame, Odom, and Crittenden. Provides a nice young PG prospect and A lot of expiring money. Odom is up after next year. Works salary wise. I think LA might do it, that would be a serious frontcourt with Bynum and JO, might be enough to get them over the hump in the west.

Anyway, I don't know what to make of that game, I think LA is just a better team. When Kobe gets going he is just unstoppable. JO's foul trouble allowed Bynum to go off in the first half. We had an a chance to make it a game late but got really cold from the field.

I think Deiner is actually our second best point guard from the standpoint of running the team and getting guys open shots. If he could get that shot to fall consistently he could make a great backup, brings lots of energy. He almost got us back in that game, but nobody could hit a shot.
    At this point why not. I mean I don't think this team can get worse. I like Odom and Crittenden.

But I would really like to move Murphy's contract with Jermaine. But that is much easier said then done.

I really wonder if Jermaine gets a lot of serious trade interest. Maybe that is about as good as offer as the Pacers will get for him.

Mood

I do agree that Odom would be a better fit than JO and cap flodder would be sweet if Brown was in the mix too. JO next to Bynum is a scary thought IMO for a lot of West Coact teams. I can't believes this kid's progress and add in tutorials from both JO and Kareem in practice, wow.

Defense was so Horrible!

story of the game!

no one else to blame but Defense!!
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Where were some of you guys at this summer when I said if LA is offering Odom OR Bynum that is as good as it was going to get for JO? One or the other was the best we could hope for. I called it a high stakes game of chicken (because we couldn't win holding out for both and we'd certainly lose if we didn't take the opportunity to trade JO for what I considered a decent trade for either guy).

It seems like all I heard was that we were in the driver's seat and at the end of the day the Lakers would either (likely) give in to our demands or they'd end up with a team in turmoil while we kept our All-Star?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

I have to agree with you Bball. I was smoking that koolaid myself then.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

From what I understand we would have accepted a bynum centered package but LA absolutley refused to give up Bynum. After all the crap their GM has taken it is looking like he made the right decision and it payed off. Looks like Kobe is staying put.

hopefully we still have a shot at the odom centered package.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Where were some of you guys at this summer when I said if LA is offering Odom OR Bynum that is as good as it was going to get for JO? One or the other was the best we could hope for. I called it a high stakes game of chicken (because we couldn't win holding out for both and we'd certainly lose if we didn't take the opportunity to trade JO for what I considered a decent trade for either guy).
    I've mentioned this before.....but I think that Bird's the worst gambler when it comes to taking risks.....maybe once in awhile he will roll a 7 on that first roll....but most of the time...he will hit "Snake Eyes".

NOTE TO SELF......find out what Craps Table Bird plays at and bet on the "Don't Pass" line when he rolls the dice.

It seems like all I heard was that we were in the driver's seat and at the end of the day the Lakers would either (likely) give in to our demands or they'd end up with a team in turmoil while we kept our All-Star?

-Bball
    During the offseason....when Kobe was going off on the Lakers FO and Bynum....I really think that we were in the drivers seat when it came to any possible negotiations with the Lakers. At that point...things looked really bad for the Lakers FO and we had the luxury of being patient and watching the Lakers slowly self-destruct. My guess is that TPTB were banking on the Lakers continuing spiral and for Kobe to continue his offseason rant into the regular season so that they would be in a worse bargaining position. But the second that Bynum stepped foot on the court for the first time this season and started to show the initial flashes of what he is capable of ( even if it was sporadic at first ), we lost any advantage we had at the Negotiation table. But as I mentioned above.....Bird just doesn't have that much luck when it comes to taking risks....the Lakers didn't collapse, Bynum is doing what we wish JONeal did and we are headed in the opposite direction then the Lakers are.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

-Bball

Been wondering that myself, aswell as some of the predictions that Bynum wouldn't be amounting to very much.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

i just think having a PF like Odom would be much beter then a slow PF like Jermaine. Jermaine cant drive it.
    JO's still recovering from a knee operation, he's not slow, and he can take it to the bucket.

As for Odom he doesn't play very good post defense, so our problem with people driving the lane would be MUCH worse. That's one of the reasons we wanted both Odom and Bynum this past summer.

The object of making a trade is to get better. Overall we would be worse not better if we traded JO for Odom, that's why we need more from LA.

I would have to have Odom, Brown, Critterton, and their #1 this year before I would even consider trading the Laker's JO. Some of you guys would settle for much less I know!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    JO's still recovering from a knee operation, he's not slow, and he can take it to the bucket.

As for Odom he doesn't play very good post defense, so our problem with people driving the lane would be MUCH worse. That's one of the reasons we wanted both Odom and Bynum this past summer.

The object of making a trade is to get better. Overall we would be worse not better if we traded JO for Odom, that's why we need more from LA.

I would have to have Odom, Brown, Critterton, and their #1 this year before I would even consider trading the Laker's JO. Some of you guys would settle for much less I know!
    To me the object of trading JO is not just getting talent back, but also improving the salary structure of our team for the foreseeable future and beying actually able to resign our younger players if we want to.

I would settle for Odom, Brown and either Crittendon or this years LA pick.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jermaine just doesn't fit in Indiana anymore. This game clinched it for me.

JO needs to go to a team like Detroit (notice I said a team like Detroit), where the pace is slower and he can have time to operate in the low post. His game simply isn't quick enough to keep up with Obie's schemes.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

Sorry Will but JO is ALWAYS recovering from something.
    I cannot tell you the last time I saw him put the ball on the floor and take it to the hole. I'm betting that during the course of a season you could count that move on your hands.

I'm not going to start another thread on this, but I am curious...where do you guys see this team (if it stays together) in 3 years???
    Everyone hated the Smits teams until they had been together for a number of years and learned to play as a unit. Is that possible for this group???
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Will-

Sure, the object of a trade is to get better. But it doesn't have to
    be immediately. A trade that makes us better 2-3 yrs from now than
    we'd be otherwise is a good trade.

Bball-

I was with you last Summer. In fact, while heresy to many I'm sure,
    I was even ok with packaging DG with J.O. to pry a Bynum-centered
    package away from L.A.