Thread: Steelers playoff tix easy to come by

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Steelers playoff tix easy to come by

I saw this on the Star board and felt compelled to post it here, and I think it's funny. We're always led to believe how bad some of the Colts fanbase is when it comes to not caring about the playoff games and giving the tickets away. Well the supposedly great Pittsburgh Steelers fanbase allowed tickets to be available at the door for that game up to AN HOUR before game time! I don't want to hear anymore about how great Steeler fans are, and how they travel so well. They've lost their right if they haven't sold out a playoff game an hour before kickoff.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08006/847178-66.stm

It's 9 or so Paragraphs down.

"As a misty rain fell, last night's 8 o'clock start time was pushed back 13 minutes. But why not an unlucky omen to add to an atmosphere unlike anything experienced in the playoffs here before? Tickets were available at face value outside the stadium an hour before game time. Although a few empty seats were apparent at the start, the 63,629 in attendance were in full throat during the comeback. They were so spirited that the upper decks of the stadium shook and swayed."

Maybe the Steelers fanbase is like most others and is only tough when the team has an apparent Super Bowl run on the horizon? Maybe the "hardened" Steeler fanbase didn't want to get wet last night to watch the team lose to the Jags?
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 01-06-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Default Re: Steelers playoff tix easy to come by

Your point is valid either way, but does that mean tickets were available at the ticket window, or scalpers were selling them at face value on the street?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is bad for Steelers fans, yes, and I hate the Steelers, but better the seats be empty than full of screaming Titans fans like they were in the 1999 Divisional Game. I'll never view Indy sports fans as "hardcore" for that reason alone.

I used to hate the Steelers, but now I've realized they don't have many players that **** me off anymore...well with the exception of that 2nd string safety who talks a lot.

[quote=Moses;639556]I used to hate the Steelers, but now I've realized they don't have many players that **** me off anymore...quote]

that's so funny, I was just thinking that same thing yesterday.