Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Next Week's Divisional Round Preview

Saturday, January 12th:

at 4:30 PM EST, FOX

at 8:00 PM EST, CBS

Sunday, January 13th:

at 1:00 PM EST, CBS

at 4:30 PM EST, FOX

Last edited by Lord Helmet; 01-06-2008 at 08:06 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Default Re: Next Week's Divisional Round Preview

Can't wait. I'm gonna make sure to watch that Pats game with all my Pats fan friends and laugh every time a hard hit comes their way.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I wanted to include a poll, but I guess after you post a thread you can't.

Question is:

What road team do you think has the best chance to win?

I'm going with Seattle.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Should be a good weekend.

I agree with Seattle being the road team with the best chance at winning. It all depends on how well Favre plays. If he turns into an interception machine (which he does from time to time) then Seattle has a very good chance of winning.

All the teams I expected to win the Wild Card games did, and I'm glad it worked out that way because now we have 4 excellent football games.

We are going to get a good measuring stick of how good the Pats really are with the Jags game, I'm glad we get to see that before we have to play.

I think we'll see Seattle beat Green Bay, and all the other home teams win. Give Matt Hasselback the ball and they are going to score!

I think the Pats game will be a 35-14 type game...I just don't see the Jags being good enough to keep up

And I think NY has a good chance of winning as well, if they play like they did today
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I gotta go with the Giants as being the road team with the best chance.

I see all 4 games being won by the home teams, and each by over 14 points.

Seattle probably has the best chance, but it's not much.

Giants can definetely beat the Cowboys we saw at the end of the season.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I expect all four home teams to win as well. All of them should be good games though.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the Seahawks and Giants have good opportunities for victory ahead, but if I had to pick one, I'm choosing the Giants.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I also believe all four home teams will win.

I think that Seattle is a team that is better then people give them credit for. They can beat Green Bay for sure.

I also think the Giants have a good shot at beating the Cowboys. The Cowboys didn't finish strong and I think that the Giants can go in there and upset them.

I don't think the Jags beat the Pats. I know how well the Jags have played and they are very impressive but I think that the Pats win this game no doubt about it.

I am happy the Colts played the Chargers instead of the Jags simply because it means we don't face Jacksonville for a 3rd time. The Chargers are a damn good team though. I just hope Indy can win.

How often do all four home teams actually win though? I think the AFC home teams will win, but I wouldn't be surprised if the NFC road teams won. The NFC games are going to be great.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

The Colts tend to start off slow in playoff games... the offense at least! So that bothers me a bit, but i'm pretty confident after the close game with the 6 ints by Manning, that we can beat San Diego

I think the Pats blow out the Jags, and the two NFC games will be close with one of the away teams winning.... perhaps! haha

Mood

I have to say that Jax/Pats game will be very interesting to watch. If Jax can get an early lead, even 3-0, they could get into a situation where they have a 12:00 minutes type of drive with those two RB's getting 15 carries during the drive and keep that potent offense off the field. On the other side of the ball, Jax D is playing well and are so stout at the front four.

The Indy/SD game has the potential to be ugly if Indy gets up quickly. Indy's defense feeds off of this like a pack oy hyenas. Indy's offense doesn't need much to say about, especially if Marvin comes out fine. Gonzo is understanding his role well, and Wayne and Clark are on their games. O-line will be rested and ready with the teachings of Howard Mudd. Addai will be the workhorse he always is. If you have to pass against Indy D, it will be a long day. Everyone is a hitter and they all hawk to the ball. If gates doesn't play, that changes the Indy D a ton and makes Bob in the box a lot more. He is the Dallas Clark with better speed and height for them. SD offense will be limited without Gates if that happens and they need to start quick. Sproles can give them field position with his speed on kick return, but which Rivers will show up.

In the NFC I think the one to watch will be the Giants/Dallas game. Giants D is stepping up and their O is running the ball well. If TO can't go full speed, that puts a lot of pressure on newly returned Terry Glenn.

Green Bay/Seattle is one I personally am amped to watch just because of my recent trip to Lambau Field. A great historical place to visit, the museum and tour is a nice event to go to. I recommend it to anyone vacationing in that area, just a quick ferry and short drive from the upper pennensula of Michigan away. Back to the game....Can the Seattle D handle the five WR set? They have 2 really good DB's, but GB has a ton of talent at the WR slots and remember they have Favre tossing it to them. If you don't think he still has pop in his balls, take a look at Driver's fingers.

I don't think either of the AFC games will be close. Jacksonville won't contend with New England like some others think they will. It might be close for the first quarter and a half of so, but I think by the end of the third NE will be up by at least 17 and cruise from there.

I don't think the Giants have much of a chance at Dallas. When watching the Giants-Bucs I seriously wondered how the hell either of those teams made the playoffs. The Giants D is too slow in the middle of the field, that's hurt them all season, and Eli Manning just isn't consistent enough IMHO to string together two strong playoff performances. I think the Cowboys will win by multiple touchdowns.

Green Bay/Seattle will be the closest game of the four, in fact I think Seattle will get the upset in a low scoring game.

The Colts will cream the Chargers, no question about it. We almost beat them with out JV team even though we also turned the ball six times in that game, and it was also on the road.

I agree that Seattle has the best shot of any road team. And this weekend, Hasselback looked really good - better than I've seen him as far as accuracy with mid-range passes - 20-25 yards.

The Giants have a shot IF TO can't play or isn't effective. Dallas is a totally different team without him. I still think Dallas wins but it would be much tighter.

The Jags have a shot if the weather's crappy.

SD has a shot if Peyton throws 6 picks. Out of all the games, IMO this one has the biggest chance of being a blowout. I just don't think the Chargers match up well with Indy and Rivers is pretty susceptible to pressure.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I think Seattle and Green Bay will be a close game, and I could easily see either team winning by a late score.

Jacksonville has a shot if they can run the ball effectively on New England, as we've all seen, New England has struggled with decent running backs, but it is too hard to pick against New England, as I still see New England getting the job done.

With the Chargers - Colts game, I think the Colts could really come out firing, especially with the way we played them in the season. If we can get the Chargers down 10-14 points in the first or early second quarter, look for the Chargers possibly implode.

I think Dallas wins, but who knows, if Eli can play well and get his offense on track and with a Dallas offense that may not have a fully healthy TO, things could get interesting. I expect a close game and I think the Cowboys will pull it out.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you don't think he still has pop in his balls, take a look at Driver's fingers.

I should probably make a joke about this, but I can't think of a good one.
    That'll do.

I think I gotta go chalk on this one. Although either NFC upset wouldn't surprise me.