Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2040

Thread: Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

Default Re: Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's got to be smoke screen at this point. All year long these other guys are on target and then suddenly 1 week before the draft the board goes upside down? Gotta think some misinformation work is in action.
    Although Robin Lopez has been invited to the green room, so there must be something to it. Clearly his stock has risen enough for the league to seat him with the lottery picks.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...nding-Up-2940/

Darrell Arthur is back on the road, fresh off hiring Dallas-based agent Jerry Hicks. Arthur may or may not have had a hamstring or back injury depending on whom you ask, and seems to be back in contention for picks 12-18. He had a terrific workout in Indiana, but does not appear to be in the picture there unless both D.J. Augustin and Russell Westbrook are off the board, which is a possibility. Arthur will be in the Green Room on draft night.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

http://realgm.com/src_feature/1273/20080622/2008_nba_mock_draft_version_110_(first_of_draft_we ek)/
    I know I've seen this around here but if we have this draft (Eric Gordon and Kyle Weaver), rexnom would be very, very happy.

Our backcourt would go from "worst in the league" to "mediocre" overnight.

If EJ isn't there, I really, really like Speights as our first round pick, considering the good number of perimeter prospects still available at 41.
    Last edited by rexnom; 06-24-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Does anyone have insider for the latest Katz blog?

The only part I can see is talking about NY maybe having the 5th and 6th pick.... I miss you DW!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...me%3dkatz_andy
    Last edited by Speed; 06-24-2008 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Does anyone have insider for the latest Katz blog?

The only part I can see is talking about NY maybe having the 5th and 6th pick.... I miss you DW!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...me%3dkatz_andy
    http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...name=katz_andy

Draft trade rumors abound
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 | Print Entry
    Here are some quick hitters two days before the NBA draft from a number of NBA sources:

• A potential deal with Memphis and New York apparently has some legs. The Knicks, who have the No. 6 pick, would get the Grizzlies' No. 5 pick and give David Lee and other considerations to Memphis. New York would then select UCLA's Russell Westbrook and Italy's Danilo Gallinari with its No. 5 and No. 6 picks. If Memphis selects UCLA's Kevin Love, that is a strong indicator that the Grizzlies are keeping the pick.

• Detroit and Boston are sitting with "catcher's mitts" at Nos. 29 and 30, respectively, to see who falls to them. But the Celtics are willing to move No. 30 since they're not desperate to add another roster body, especially with 2007 second-round pick Gabe Pruitt on the books for next season.

• Love's likely destinations are one of four places: Minnesota (3), Memphis (5), Charlotte (9) and New Jersey (10).

• If Gallinari isn't taken by New York or New Jersey, then there is a real chance he slides out of the lottery.

• Portland and Washington talked about moving their picks, but the deal is dead between them.

• Washington's No. 18 is available to be had.

• The swap with Miami (2) and Seattle (4) doesn't make sense for a lot of other executives in the league. It makes sense for Seattle to get Michael Beasley and give up Chris Wilcox, but it doesn't make sense for the Heat. The problem for the Heat is that if they move drop a spot or two to get O.J. Mayo, he could easily be gone at No. 3 to Minnesota. The consensus from a number of teams is that Miami will stay where it is in the draft despite exploring a number of options. Making trades next week is another matter.

• Nevada coach Mark Fox said he's getting a ton of calls from teams late in the first round for JaVale McGee, who was once projected to be picked in the late lottery.

• Mayo said Monday night that his interview with the Timberwolves went very well in Chicago on Saturday. He said that the T-Wolves wanted the conversation to keep going. He has also interviewed with Memphis and Seattle.

"Right now, I'm happy to play for any team," Mayo said.

• If the Knicks and Grizzlies work out a trade in the Nos. 5 and 6 spots, then the top nine could go like this:

1. Chicago -- Derrick Rose
    2. Miami -- Michael Beasley
    3. Minnesota -- O.J. Mayo
    4. Seattle -- Brook Lopez
    5. Russell Westbrook -- Memphis (for NYK)
    6. New York -- Danilo Gallinari
    7. LA Clippers -- Eric Gordon (or Jerryd Bayless or D.J. Augustin)
    8. Milwaukee -- Joe Alexander
    9. Charlotte -- Kevin Love

• The safest pick in the lottery might just be Alexander to the Bucks.

• The hot names on the trade block, but might not be moved by Thursday night, continue to be Toronto's T.J. Ford and Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal. Milwaukee denies Michael Redd is being moved.

• Arizona signee Brandon Jennings didn't go to Tucson on Monday as originally expected for the start of summer school classes.

Too much media interest, and his SAT score coming on Thursday -- which he has yet to receive a qualifying score -- prompted Arizona to wait until the weekend for Jennings to be on campus. If Jennings isn't eligible, he said he may pursue a contract with a European team.

Quote Originally Posted by Whtwudusay View Post

Here are some quick hitters two days before the NBA draft from a number of NBA sources:

• A potential deal with Memphis and New York apparently has some legs. The Knicks, who have the No. 6 pick, would get the Grizzlies' No. 5 pick and give David Lee and other considerations to Memphis. New York would then select UCLA's Russell Westbrook and Italy's Danilo Gallinari with its No. 5 and No. 6 picks. If Memphis selects UCLA's Kevin Love, that is a strong indicator that the Grizzlies are keeping the pick.

• Detroit and Boston are sitting with "catcher's mitts" at Nos. 29 and 30, respectively, to see who falls to them. But the Celtics are willing to move No. 30 since they're not desperate to add another roster body, especially with 2007 second-round pick Gabe Pruitt on the books for next season.

• Love's likely destinations are one of four places: Minnesota (3), Memphis (5), Charlotte (9) and New Jersey (10).

• If Gallinari isn't taken by New York or New Jersey, then there is a real chance he slides out of the lottery.

• Portland and Washington talked about moving their picks, but the deal is dead between them.

• The swap with Miami (2) and Seattle (4) doesn't make sense for a lot of other executives in the league. It makes sense for Seattle to get Michael Beasley and give up Chris Wilcox, but it doesn't make sense for the Heat. The problem for the Heat is that if they move drop a spot or two to get O.J. Mayo, he could easily be gone at No. 3 to Minnesota. The consensus from a number of teams is that Miami will stay where it is in the draft despite exploring a number of options. Making trades next week is another matter.

• Nevada coach Mark Fox said he's getting a ton of calls from teams late in the first round for JaVale McGee, who was once projected to be picked in the late lottery.

• Mayo said Monday night that his interview with the Timberwolves went very well in Chicago on Saturday. He said that the T-Wolves wanted the conversation to keep going. He has also interviewed with Memphis and Seattle.

• If the Knicks and Grizzlies work out a trade in the Nos. 5 and 6 spots, then the top nine could go like this:

• The hot names on the trade block, but might not be moved by Thursday night, continue to be Toronto's T.J. Ford and Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal. Milwaukee denies Michael Redd is being moved.

• Arizona signee Brandon Jennings didn't go to Tucson on Monday as originally expected for the start of summer school classes.

Too much media interest, and his SAT score coming on Thursday -- which he has yet to receive a qualifying score -- prompted Arizona to wait until the weekend for Jennings to be on campus. If Jennings isn't eligible, he said he may pursue a contract with a European team.
    Awesome!! Thanks!!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I just wanted to say that the hype on DJ by some paired with the idea of taking him at 11 has made me come off as overly critical.

I have concerns and do think there are better options. But the kid does run a mean PnR, has solid handles and good speed. Plus as a person he's through the roof it appears.

If that's the guy it's not a disaster and could be a homerun. He's just not my choice there.

Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    Although Robin Lopez has been invited to the green room, so there must be something to it. Clearly his stock has risen enough for the league to seat him with the lottery picks.
    Yeah, but then you see that insider mock just above and it's got Bayless almost falling to Indy? 2nd best PG goes to 10 or 11? And of course no Ajinca in that version. Let alone Robin Lopez. If he goes to NJ per that possible NYK trade mock that means that Gordon or Bayless fall to Indiana. That's nuts.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been calling the Gordon fall for about two weeks now. Westbrook leaping into the top 5-6 range really sets it in motion. If we walk out of this draft with Gordon at 11, I'll be thrilled.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Yeah, but then you see that insider mock just above and it's got Bayless almost falling to Indy? 2nd best PG goes to 10 or 11? And of course no Ajinca in that version. Let alone Robin Lopez. If he goes to NJ per that possible NYK trade mock that means that Gordon or Bayless fall to Indiana. That's nuts.
    Cross your fingers.

I can see Gordon or Bayless falling to us at 11 which as Seth said is just nuts.

Of course it depends on a lot of ifs however I can see these coming true.

Hopefully it happens. That would be awesome to be able to get either of these guys.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Whtwudusay View Post

Wow.....Bayless or Gordon could drop past the 9th spot. I still find it hard to believe that the Sonics wouldn't take Bayless or Westbrook.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    I can see Gordon or Bayless falling to us at 11 which as Seth said is just nuts.

Of course it depends on a lot of ifs however I can see these coming true.

Hopefully it happens. That would be awesome to be able to get either of these guys.
    All it takes is 1 team to reach for a player and we are in like flynn......
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

ucla vs mich st from november 2007 is airing on espnU right now - for those who want to see russell westbrook in all his glory ;-)

Bump this thread.

If you didn't check it out you might search it for "Bayless" or "Rush". A few pages back someone posted a video of Rush, CDR and 2 other guys doing workout drills so that you can see them side by side in the same situation. To me Rush looked the best of the bunch.

If you've followed this thread you know I was happy to get Rush.