Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2040

Thread: Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for his size - I'll believe it when I see it. I actually watch the games, so pictures aren't enough evidence for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah Brown View Post
    Kofi-

Ok, I hear ya. What was I thinking. Kids who are chunky at 19
    like say, a kid named Barkley never amount to anything in the NBA !

Byw, I'm not lobbying for Love. I don't really think he'd be all
    that good a fit in O'B's system. Just trying to provide a rational
    counter-balance to your commentary.

Chunky at 19 can mean a life as Baby Huey or it could mean he can pack on a ridiculous amount of mucsle as he matures. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    Measurements don't mean anything to me, either, I go by meeting the guy hanging out and having a pizza, thats only real way to know if he's really tall.

Forget it guys. ITs like trying to convince Hillary Clinton to drop out of the race or President Bush that the economy is in a recession.

Brick walls are more reasonable.

Banned

We'll find out in less than 2 months. My final guess - 6'8" barefoot, 6'9" in shoes.

Anyways, I'm done arguing about it.

As for his size - I'll believe it when I see it. I actually watch the games, so pictures aren't enough evidence for me.
    What do you think this is the making of the Lord of The Rings. This isn't photoshoped to mislead everyone.

I say we just await Kenny Main's official opinion on Love. If he
    says 'he's tall', that's good enough for me. If not, we move on.

You're problem is you're comparing NCAA Love to NBA Murphy. You're forgetting that Murphy spent plenty of time in the paint at Notre Dame, and only became the soft jump shooter he is now once it became clear that he couldn't hack it down low in the NBA. I have a sneaking suspicion the same will be true of Kevin Love.

Murphy was a mid-range/slash guy in college much as he is now in the NBA, with the exception that he now shoots the NBA 3 and he's not as quick as he once was due to injuries and being bulked up. He was never a guy who could back down a smaller player and throw up a simple hook. Love is.

And even if Love can't play inside like he did in college, his ability as a passer at the top of the key automatically gives him a different look than Murphy, who really isn't much of a passer.

I'm just giving you evidence that the guy is taller than you think. If you don't think that's enough evidence, then that's you. But it's two guys pretty much standing side by side from the same perspective. This isn't some advanced science.

BTW, if Eric Gordon measures out at 6'5" with shoes on, that wouldn't surprise me at all. That means he's probably somewhere around 6'3.5" w/o shoes. A very reasonable estimate if you ask me.

At NBADRAFT.net, they have us taking:

11. Indiana
    JaVale McGee 7-0 237 C Nevada So.

Has anyone watched this kid play? A 7 footer sounds good!!

http://www.nbadraft.net/

Go look at some you-tube. He nothing but potential and thats about it. If you read all thats on him you won't think he deserves our pick. He is the biggest project 7'0 in the draft, except for the eastern europe kid.

If Larry is going to keep with the "winning now" philosophy he won't draft McGee.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 04-24-2008 at 03:20 PM.

It will be very interesting to see who the Pacers pick up with their second round pick this year. Do we go Euro? (Jawai/Petro) Wait for a guy to develop overseas. Do we go w/ a player that can immediately play in the league (Hudson/DJ White/Joey Dorsey/Kyle Weaver)
    I really believe either Danillo or EJ will be available for any team w/ the 11th pick.

I would be happy with EJ and DJ as our draft picks this year.

Mood

I really think we need a contribotor in the second round.

Carl Landry/ Milsap is we draft a guard in the first round.

or

Daniel Gibson (different skill set) or Alston

Don't get me wrong I want a Boozer, Redd, and Arenas...But that is a one in 96 chance of happening.

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    I would be happy with EJ and DJ as our draft picks this year.
    If EJ does slip to the Pacers & we have the 11th pick. We must draft him is the thought b/c Simon's are business men. They make more money by putting people in the stands. EJ will put people in the seats next year & the year after that as well. Larry Bird might not want EJ; but w/ The Simons having more control we will draft him at 11 if he slips to us.

As far as DJ; he is in the following pack of players Courtney Lee, Lester Hudson, Jawai, Pekovich, JR Giddeons, Joey Dorsey, Kyle Weaver, & JJ Hickson. Some of these players may go late first round and several will be gone by the time we draft 41st but one of them should slip to the Pacers.

That is the whole thing with picking late lottery; players slip but we do not know who will untill the draft in June.

I really think we need a contribotor in the second round.

Carl Landry/ Milsap is we draft a guard in the first round.

or

Daniel Gibson (different skill set) or Alston

Don't get me wrong I want a Boozer, Redd, and Arenas...But that is a one in 96 chance of happening.
    So we do not draft a Jawai or Pekovich. You know their will be a very good player that can/will contribute. Do you see us drafting a SF/SG ie Bill Walker, Kyle Weaver, or JR Giddeons. It will be interesting to see if we draft the best available or go big.

Mood

I like Walker because he can guard the two with dominance at times. Weaver as well. But if we draft Walker and have Granger, Dun, and Shawne it would appear to be a log jam. SG/SF is a wing in this system. Defensively is a different story. That is why I like Walker then Weaver. If do not pick up a true PG and count on Tins once again...Then Weaver can back up Diener when Tins goes down. But with similar if not worse production than Flip did at the end of the year.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    If EJ does slip to the Pacers & we have the 11th pick. We must draft him is the thought b/c Simon's are business men. They make more money by putting people in the stands. EJ will put people in the seats next year & the year after that as well. Larry Bird might not want EJ; but w/ The Simons having more control we will draft him at 11 if he slips to us.

As far as DJ; he is in the following pack of players Courtney Lee, Lester Hudson, Jawai, Pekovich, JR Giddeons, Joey Dorsey, Kyle Weaver, & JJ Hickson. Some of these players may go late first round and several will be gone by the time we draft 41st but one of them should slip to the Pacers.

That is the whole thing with picking late lottery; players slip but we do not know who will untill the draft in June.
    I would be picking EJ at #11 for the fact that he is a top 6-7 pick that slipped to #11, not for the fact that he's a Hoosier. If the Simons were interested in only doing what the people of Indiana wanted, we never would have had the greatest Pacer of all time (Reggie Miller) because we would have picked Steve Alford.

How'd Damon Bailey work out?

Mood

Bailey was a 2nd rounder. Not much of an expextation with him. Two years later he showed up at a high school party trying to get some tail.

Mood

I like Walker because he can guard the two with dominance at times. Weaver as well. But if we draft Walker and have Granger, Dun, and Shawne it would appear to be a log jam. SG/SF is a wing in this system. Defensively is a different story. That is why I like Walker then Weaver. If do not pick up a true PG and count on Tins once again...Then Weaver can back up Diener when Tins goes down. But with similar if not worse production than Flip did at the end of the year.
    If people don't like Mayo due to off-court issues, do you think the same people would have problems with Walker?

Walker shot 30% from 3PT, which is a concern. Most other facets of his game are good, including shot creation and defense, which this team needs badly. Might have knee concerns but Granger supposedly did too. Appears to be fully recovered.

All in all, it would appear Walker would be a very good 2nd round pick and would qualify as a BPA.

I think a lot of 2nd round picks will be easily obtained through the draft with rosters being very full. Trailblazers have #4 and #5 of the second round. Walker is projected higher than the Pacers pick. Picking up these picks from Portland shouldn't take much and could land us both Walker and DJ White. This combined with a Westbrook would make me happy. Getting another pick for Speights, Arthur, or CDR, would make me cry for joy.

Would like to resign Rush. Think his performance wained due to his hip injury, which people tend to ignore or forget.

Mood

Two years later he showed up at a high school party trying to get some tail.
    The one hosted by Jack Trudeau?

When Damon Bailey was drafted, I believe the draft was held in Indianapolis. That gave the people something to cheer for that stayed around several hours to watch the the thing. He was drafted before the International Player Frenzy came to the NBA.
    The point I am making is as follows w/ The Simon's taking a more hands on approach I feel that the Pacers are going to go the more business route and that is trying to get more people in the seats. The majority of our fans are sick of the Pacers tarnished image and with EJ on the roster he will be the face of our organization's marketing campaign.
    The Pacers were never going to draft Alford over Reggie.

Sports Logo

I would take Weaver's defense over Flips TO-prone-fancy-dribbling any day.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    When Damon Bailey was drafted, I believe the draft was held in Indianapolis. That gave the people something to cheer for that stayed around several hours to watch the the thing. He was drafted before the International Player Frenzy came to the NBA.
    The point I am making is as follows w/ The Simon's taking a more hands on approach I feel that the Pacers are going to go the more business route and that is trying to get more people in the seats. The majority of our fans are sick of the Pacers tarnished image and with EJ on the roster he will be the face of our organization's marketing campaign.
    The Pacers were never going to draft Alford over Reggie.
    Winning fixes a lot of things.

I think most people saw the Bailey thing as a PR move and saw through it. Yes, it was a nice thing to do.

And lastly, I don't think EJ will be there at #11. This team needs to address their needs at PG at #11 if this is possible and they don't reach.

Bird is still in charge of basketball operations, which means the draft. God help us if Simon is picking players.

Mood

it was at my high school. It was sad and pathedic. Now he is fat and lazy.

I think we will draft the best possible prospect.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Mario Chalmers is the guy. If he decides to declare, he could probably be had with a late first-rounder.

He's almost exactly what we need; an excellent defensive guard with clutch tendencies. He's not a pure PG, but I think he could handle the role adequately.

I'd like to trade into a late first and take Chalmers. We could then take a big (Love? definitely NOT Thabeet) with the #11, and DJ with our second-rounder.