Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My dream draft would be:

1st Round:PG Eric Gordon Indiana
    2nd Round:C Kenny George UNCA (7'8)
    QFMFT
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by indyman37 View Post
    Kenny George is a waste of height. I can't believe you guys just want another David Harrison on the team.
    David Harrison plus 8 INCHES!!! lol

Not to toot the Boston College horn, but Tyrese Rice had 32 pts, 8 assists, 6 boards, and 2 steals tonight. In other words, the guy can really play sometimes, and against weak competition.

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

Holla at some Tyrese Rice for sure. DeAndre Jordan only put up like 14 and 9 tonight but geeeeez did you see that two handed dunk to start the game? That was a little Amare/Dwight **** right there, dammmnn

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Wait though, I'm expecting the P's to drop way down in the standings and so insure themselves more "ping-pong balls" in this year's lottery. Who knows what could happen.
    EJ is moving into Knicks/T'Wolves/Sonics/Griz/Heat range. Put some perspective on it, all of those teams are worse than Indy right now and as bad as the 2-8 for the Pacers has been, all those teams went 2-8 or worse. Miami dropped an 0-10 spot.

I freaking love those Kansas players, man are they well coached. Chalmers and Rush are nuts, very impressive all-around games they've got. I know the game yesterday was no challenge, but they still looked polished to me.

Stupid Love is playing his way out of the Pacers draft slot too. Ease up big man, save that for post-draft.

How about Hibbert getting the best of Thabeet. That didn't go unnoticed by scouts. Hibbert needed that bad.

Bayless drew 20 freaking FTs vs Houston. Wade of the NCAA.

BTW, with college drafting I don't really care much about the numbers because there are college methods of getting stats and then there are things that will work in the NBA. Some guys have scoring moves or defensive plays or whatever that work in the NCAA situation that get blown up by the NBA athletes.

Why I loved Rip coming out of UConn - the variety of go-to scoring moves with and without the ball. I figured he's always find a way to score, and Reggie had already proven that weight wasn't a factor for a pure shooter.

Yea Bayless is really looking solid. I'm also impressed with DJ Augustin, seems to be able to distribute the ball well and has a knack for scoring as well. I'm afraid that the pacers are going to keep up this mediocre crap all year and end up sticking us with someone like tyler hansbrough (whom i feel does not have a game that translates to the pros very well, sure in college but i'd like to see him try that **** he did to Kenny George on Dwight Howard, please) or Roy Hibbert. While i know Hibbert has talent I just feel he is really sofy and I have never seen a whole lot of emotion from him. Now, I don't see him play all that often but everyday i check the ESPN rundowns and he just seems kind of dull. I still think DeAndre Jordan will be a nice NBA player, not right away due to the need to gain some size for the position he plays, but he has the size and athleticism of a Jon Bender without the injury hang-ups.

Mood

DJ White would be perfect for the Wiz or the Pacers, both teams need another post presence that can score and rebound, and he will be available in both of our pick ranges more than likely.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    DJ White would be perfect for the Wiz or the Pacers, both teams need another post presence that can score and rebound, and he will be available in both of our pick ranges more than likely.
    What do you mean by another. Because the last time I checked JO and Brendan Haywood are both equally as pathetic at both scoring and rebounding these days. If you where referring to someone else on the pacers or wizards being that presence in the post I would like to know.

Oh yea nice David Harrison Avatar.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hailey12 View Post
    What do you mean by another. Because the last time I checked JO and Brendan Haywood are both equally as pathetic at both scoring and rebounding these days. If you where referring to someone else on the pacers or wizards being that presence in the post I would like to know.

Oh yea nice David Harrison Avatar.
    Brendan Haywood > JO
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Brendan Haywood > JO
    Sad..but oh so true. Haywood owns JO, has his way with JO's wife...and probably shows up on christmas to take his presents too.

Now, maybe not ideal for our team...but am i the only one who would not be against having Gordon and DJ on our team ? I know, I know...coming from me the hardcore IU fan...I just think DJ plays with his heart on his sleeve with a class act personality and Gordon is well...Gordon, we need those type of players, not to mention what it would do for the fan base and selling tickets. Call it..keeping it in the family. DJ was Big Ten player of the week for the third time this year btw.
    Last edited by jmoney2584; 01-14-2008 at 04:48 PM.

pacers need to do everything they can to get 3 top 20/lotto picks to ensure eric gordon will be a pacer...

Bump just because the Gordon specific thread is taking over some of this discussion and at least some of us would like a one-stop shot on player opinions. Not anti the EJ thread, just keeping this around and on people's minds.

Upcoming games of interest.
    TODAY
    ESPN
    Kansas St (Beasley) vs T A&M (Jordan)
    Syracuse - Greene (on now)

CBS
    OSU (Koufos) vs Tenn (T Smith)
    UCLA - Love, Collison
    vs
    USC
    - Mayo, Jefferson
    that's a must watch for draft interests IMO

Monday 21st
    ESPN
    G'town (Hibbert) vs Syracuse (Greene)

22nd
    ESPN
    Tenn - TSmith

24th
    UCLA on FSN (Love, Collison)

Next Saturday, 26th

FSN
    AZ - Bayless, Budinger
    USC - Mayo, Jefferson

ESPN
    G'town - Hibbert
    Memphis - Rose (and Doug-Rob, Dorsey)
    T A&M - Jordan

CBS
    UConn vs IU
    EJ vs Thabeat

BTW, my current XL list doesn't feature Augustin (TX) or Kansas games

Kansas
    Jan 23rd ESPN
    Feb 2 ABC
    Feb 4 ESPN
    Feb 11 ESPN vs Texas
    Feb 23 CBS
    Feb 27 ESPN
    Mar 1 ESPN
    Mar 3 ESPN
    Mar 8 CBS

TX (Augustin)
    Jan 21 ESPN
    Jan 30 ESPN2
    Feb 6 ESPN2
    Feb 9 ABC
    Feb 11 ESPN
    Feb 16 ESPN
    Feb 18 ESPN
    Feb 23 ABC
    Feb 25 ESPN
    Mar 1 CBS
    Mar 9 ESPN

NBADraft.net still has Rush (KS) going 28th. No freaking way does that happen if his year keeps up. If Indy lets him go by before that they should be shot, unless they have some solid lottery pick slot instead. And if he's really still projected there then they really need to find a way to trade for a late first pick.

They have Chalmers coming out next year (doubt it) and going in the early 2nd round (double doubt it). Maybe I'm just misreading their games, but they look very NBA polished to me. Both are well over 40% from the college 3 this season.

The also have Douglas-Roberts coming out next year and going even later in the draft than Chalmers. Either 2009 is loaded beyond belief or I'm a total idiot. Something doesn't mesh with how these guys have been playing.

edit - HoopsHype has D-Rob going this year and 13th. Much more realistic to me. No Chalmers (declaration guess?) but they have Rush going 28th too with the Pacers taking Lopez (PF). Now Rush is listed as an SF but he's a shooter and even their comparison (HHype) is to Eddie Jones, which to me seems about right by style at least.

I haven't watched much Lopez yet but I just don't see a PF as the pick. A star pure C like Hibbert, maybe Love or White if a move can be made, but for the most part I don't know why quality shooters that can defend at the SG spot would be overlooked.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 01-19-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Would Hibbert work in an offense like the Pacers? The Pacers need a center who can score,move, rebound and defend.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Hibbert has a lot of skill, but he just really seems soft to me.

I would love to have DJ Augustin on this squad for sure as well. Really knows how to get the ball rollin..
    Roy Hibbert.... It's the POWER!!!

Just a last second bump, the best game of the weekend potentially, USC/UCLA, is CBS national but in Indy they took the OSU/Tenn game instead.

Hope you have a national feed instead.

Banned

Donte Greene looks to have one of the highest ceilings in the draft (provided he comes out). If we're looking for J.O.'s replacement and an athletic, quick PF to play in an up-tempo offense, he could be the guy. He's at #9 on DraftExpress' current mock.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Just a last second bump, the best game of the weekend potentially, USC/UCLA, is CBS national but in Indy they took the OSU/Tenn game instead.

Hope you have a national feed instead.
    Yall missed out...That was a good one.

Mayo was lackluster though.

Love, however, played lovely. But I'm really not sure he can overcome his lack of athleticism to translate his effectiveness to the NBA. He sorta has that Tyler Hansborough-esque "the way you score clearly isn't gonna work when everyone is 6'8' and can jump out the gyn" disease. He's got a little Luke Walton type feel for the game in him though, which is nice.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Kofi-

Good call. Greene would fit nicely at PF in O'B's system. But with
    Williams likely being groomed for that spot (unless DG is traded),
    I still prefer the Bayless kid.

Mood

DJ White would sell more tix tho.....
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Banned

And I'm sure Steve Alford would've sold more tickets than Reggie Miller back in 1987. The fact is, Donte Greene is a much better NBA prospect than D.J. White. I like D.J., I think he could be a very serviceable PF, but Donte has star potential.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Could get Courtney Lee from West Kentucky... Indy product. hoopshype has him at #23 in 1st but nbadraft has him #51 (21st in the second round). Workouts and camps will help him.

We do need some post prospect. Maybe we could pick up a draft pick sometime...

Plaisted seems interesting. I've seen Hendrix from Alabama and he looked very impressive. Knetucky has a guy, Patterson, who will be good, but I don't think he'll be out this year.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    Could get Courtney Lee from West Kentucky... Indy product. hoopshype has him at #23 in 1st but nbadraft has him #51 (21st in the second round). Workouts and camps will help him.

We do need some post prospect. Maybe we could pick up a draft pick sometime...

Plaisted seems interesting. I've seen Hendrix from Alabama and he looked very impressive. Knetucky has a guy, Patterson, who will be good, but I don't think he'll be out this year.
    The names Courtney Lee and DJ White have two different meanings to casual Indiana fans. One played high school ball here and went to an average western kentucky school. The other went to Indiana University and won many games. Which do you think would have a better shot at improving attendance and PR?
    Last edited by Robertmto; 01-21-2008 at 06:05 AM.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Hell, lets just bring EJ AND DJ here...it would be good for team chemistry, attendance, PR, and just plain 'ol fun
    Roy Hibbert.... It's the POWER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Yall missed out...That was a good one.

Mayo was lackluster though.

Love, however, played lovely. But I'm really not sure he can overcome his lack of athleticism to translate his effectiveness to the NBA. He sorta has that Tyler Hansborough-esque "the way you score clearly isn't gonna work when everyone is 6'8' and can jump out the gyn" disease. He's got a little Luke Walton type feel for the game in him though, which is nice.
    I kind of agree. He's got the Sean May undersized thing, big by college standards but in over his head in the NBA. But May was becoming a decent contributor it seemed. With Love it's his passing. He's going to be more like Ike when it comes to points/rebounds, but obviously Ike is a horrible passer. Ike that could throw solid cross-court skips or half court outlets would be really nice.

Again, I think the UCLA/IU problem could be brewing ala Alford/Reggie. Locals will want White but it seems like the smart pick would be Love (if both were still on the table). More so when you look at where the Pacers seem to be headed for a draft slot. Doesn't seem like a EJ or Beasley choice will be on their hands.

I sure do wish the Pacers could get a 2nd pick for 08, even if it was 20-25th. Not looking for game changers, but you could shore up the team with some of the guys that might fall into that range. It also might help move some guys that you were waiting on depth to do something about.