Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2040

Thread: Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

Default Re: ESPN's 2008 NBA Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Lopez better than Hibbert?
    Brook is much, much, much, much better.

His offensive post game is refined and he has excellent footwork and touch around the hoop. Hibbert is raw and not particularly polished in anything. Hibbert could have the better upside, however.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    Is Lopez better than Hibbert?

Barring a massive suprise turnaround this isn't even close. Hibbert as a person seems great, very likeable and I wish him the best. But his draft stock should be running around pick 25, and only then because of size.

It's too bad, I expected much more this year. I'd probably chase Robin before Hibbert even.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

If we luck into the third pick I really hope we take Bayless instead of Lopez. I would rather trade foster or somebody for a later pick and nab his brother anyway. I don't think Lopez lives up to a top-5 pick.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

I caught some comments from Will Perdue on ESPN radio yesterday
    a.m. He's been working out the Lopex twins out in Cali in recent
    days helping them prep for upcoming workouts/camps, etc . He
    said that while Brook is obviously better right now, he thinks
    Robin has a higher upside. Fwiw...

Banned

Default Re: Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

Why is no one talking about Anthony Randolph out of LSU? Outside of Michael Beasley, no big man in the draft has more upside. I've seen him listed as a SF in the NBA, yet he's 6'11", 220 lb. and a very good shot blocker, so I'm not buying it. He's got a ton of skills and athleticism. He seems to be in the same mold as Chris Bosh/Brandan Wright with a hint of LaMarcus Aldridge.

ugh...augustin would be a huge mistake guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    Why is no one talking about Anthony Randolph out of LSU? Outside of Michael Beasley, no big man in the draft has more upside. I've seen him listed as a SF in the NBA, yet he's 6'11", 220 lb. and a very good shot blocker, so I'm not buying it. He's got a ton of skills and athleticism. He seems to be in the same mold as Chris Bosh/Brandan Wright with a hint of LaMarcus Aldridge.

Probably because he'll be long gone before we pick.

Banned

Probably, but maybe not. ESPN has him 6th, NBADraft.net has him 8th, and DE has him 9th. If he impresses enough and he slips to the bottom of the top-10, moving up a couple of spots to land him is doable.

I like Brook. Could see him being a really good pro.

But his college career does remind me quite a bit of Chris Mihm. I could see him turning out like that.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

In that comparison, he has the lowest PPS, the far highest TOs and a much weaker FG%, that turns me off right off the bat.....

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't see it happening with Randolph. Once GM see him against real talent in workouts he might even go top 5. I like him better than Speights though.

Ibaka has the most upside than any foreign player.

I've semi followed him and he has had a lackluster year in Euro. He won't be able to come this season. So we would have to buy the pick.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    In that comparison, he has the lowest PPS, the far highest TOs and a much weaker FG%, that turns me off right off the bat.....

that is why I see him used as a 4 in the NBA. He had to do it all at LSU.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Sounds like another version of IKE to me.
    Except that Ike is 3 inches shorter.....which is a huge difference when it comes to manning the paint and having any other Big Man shoot over you.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    If we luck into the third pick I really hope we take Bayless instead of Lopez. I would rather trade foster or somebody for a later pick and nab his brother anyway. I don't think Lopez lives up to a top-5 pick.
    i agree about what we should do with that 3rd pick. i'd like to trade foster for somebody other than robin however. brook was a solid C at stanford but nothing spectacular and his ceiling just isn't very high. i'd want bayless or mayo with #3 or to trade back to 4-9 and take bpa...

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Except that Ike is 3 inches shorter.....which is a huge difference when it comes to manning the paint and having any other Big Man shoot over you.
    You know its a bad arguement when you lie about a guys height. IKE is 6'8 with shoes and Speights is 6'10 with shoes. In all it doesn't matter to me because 6'10 is still short enough to get shot over. I don't think its a fair argument to say Speights is a commited to defense anyway.

if you look at some of my earlier posts on here, i've mentioned anthony randolph since the early weeks of the college season...i essentially rank the players as follows: rose, mayo, beasley, bayless, randolph as the top 5 players in this draft...

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    if you look at some of my earlier posts on here, i've mentioned anthony randolph since the early weeks of the college season...i essentially rank the players as follows: rose, mayo, beasley, bayless, randolph as the top 5 players in this draft...
    Yes, if we keep pick #11, I expect us to be picking either Randolph, Jordan or Love. Not all of them will be available still when we pick, but I expect at least 1 of them to be -- and my hope is that it's Randolph.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

I haven't seen Randolph play.

However just based on draft profiles and what I know about the other bigs, I would not mind the Pacers picking Randolph.

This is from nbadraft.net

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/prof...yrandolph.html

Scores very well around the basket with a wide array of hooks and finger rolls. Being left handed enhances his effectiveness ...Causes mayhem crashing the glass, often following teammates shots with highlight one handed finishes ... Also shows solid vision and playmaking ability for teammates ... Has a lot of defensive potential. Blocks a ton of shots (2.3 pg) for a wing player due to his length, timing and explosiveness ...
    These are some of the things that stick out at me.

I don't think that he is going to be an all star. However I think he can be a Rasheed Wallace type of play. Rasheed should probably be an all star but anyways I think that Randolph can be that type of player. A guy who sort of is the glue to his team.

The question is, can he bulk up enough to play power forward? He is very young for even a freshman, born 7/15/89, so maybe he can gain some strength.

Chris Douglas-Roberts declares for the draft.

2007-08 STATS
    PPGAPG3P%RPGBPGSPG

I like this guy, from what I saw he is good at creating shots off the dribble but is a little Eric Gordan-esque sometimes when he takes the ball to the basket. He is much more athletic than Gordan however and is a pretty good shooter. What worried me about him was his body, he seems way too thin for the pro's at this point.

#11 for him would be a reach, but I like him as a sleeper in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    He is much more athletic than Gordan however and is a pretty good shooter.

Please tell me this was a typo. Gordon may not be the smartest or most mentally tough player in the world, but his athleticism is about as good as you will get in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    Chris Douglas-Roberts declares for the draft.

2007-08 STATS
    PPGAPG3P%RPGBPGSPG

I like this guy, from what I saw he is good at creating shots off the dribble but is a little Eric Gordan-esque sometimes when he takes the ball to the basket. He is much more athletic than Gordan however and is a pretty good shooter. What worried me about him was his body, he seems way too thin for the pro's at this point. #11 for him would be a reach, but I like him as a sleeper in the draft.
    Let me point out that his listed weight of 195 is what Reggie played at for years, and Reggie was an inch taller, so Reggie had to be thinner.

Of course there is the fact that Reggie was a catch and shoot guy and didn't take it to the basket like Roberts does.

CDR= a (maybe really) poor man's Rip Hamilton.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...s&cat=&sid=101

Koufos is entering the draft- interesting.

Either two things could happen:

1. Koufos could go mid lottery and push someone we want/need down to us.

2. We could draft Koufos and get a highly skilled big man and put him next to JO.
    Last edited by Mr. Sobchak; 04-21-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Kosta Koufos 7-0 252 C Ohio St. Fr.

I think this guy sounds intreasting. He has the size and skills to become a nice low post player. I like the fact that he plays good man to man D. I think that would complment JO's week side D & shot blocking.

NBADRAFT.net Profile

NBA Comparison: Mehmet Okur
    Strengths: To prepare for Ohio State, Kosta has developed a more aggressive style of play. He now has the ability to bang down low that he has somewhat lacked in the past. While being known as a player who is best when working in the high post from either elbow, he has displayed a solid game from the baseline recently, where he can turn over either shoulder to hit the baseline jumper. He has added a behind the back dribble move to his repertoire that isn’t fully reliable yet, but will make him a little more dangerous when working from the top of the key nonetheless. His leadership has developed more and he is a reliable go to guy offensively in the post. Defensively, his post position is very good, so he shouldn’t have too many problems with man-to-man defense at the next level.

Weaknesses: Kosta must get better at finishing at the rim after contact. He has great touch around the basket, but when he takes contact, his shot doesn’t often find the basket. His timing is good on blocked shots, but don’t expect him to be much of an intimidator with this skill in the NBA due to average to just above average athleticism. While his midrange shooting is excellent, he could stand to extend his range a little bit. If he could consistently hit the college three it would be an excellent weapon for him and his team.

Notes: Turned down a 5 million dollor offer from a Greek team to play professionally ...
    Joshua Motenko - 8/8/2007
    Strengths: A very skilled big man, Kosta shows the ability and desire to be a great passer from the post ... He is also comfortable putting the ball on the floor, but lacks the athleticism and foot speed to be too much of a threat off the dribble ... Although on the college level, he can take the ball off the dribble very effectively and ever from the top of the key He is an excellent free throw shooter, can hit the three ball, and has a nice midrange jumper ... He’s got great hands, decent post moves, and a consistent touch around the basket as well ... He’s a very smart person with a good sense of humor off the court as an honor roll student ... He has a good feel for the game on the court as well, and is very mobile for a 7 footer ... He is comfortable playing in the high post. He was measured with a 9’00” standing reach and a 7’4” wingspan.

Weaknesses: Kosta’s straight court speed is good, but his foot speed is lacking ... He is not a great shot blocker as he lacks great explosiveness as well ... He uses his size well to rebound the ball, but shies away from contact occasionally, and is not a banger despite his size ... Must get more aggresive and stronger to play tougher inside ... Defensively he needs to improve considerably to play at the NBA level.

To me he is better than Thabeet, Hibbert and Jordan as far as being NBA ready. He is however slow and his potential isn't as high as Jordan.

I wouldn't say his defense is to Robins level but he is clearly the 2nd best defender at the C that we could get. His lateral quickness just sucks. He more or less stays in front of his man just because he is smart and knows whats coming.

I did watch alot of OSU games this year and he does have range with his shot. He could very easily spread the floor for JO.

Still a reach at 11 just like Robin but a very safe pick.