Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2040

Thread: Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The team needs defense and DJ would be abused nightly. No thanks unless it is a later
    pick in the draft. The Pacers go big as there are more prospects at 11-12 than guards.
    Maybe Westbrook at that level but no one else.
    The Pacers really need to get two picks in this draft.
    IN order to get another pick we would have to hope that a team needs to drop picks...Suns style.

I could see Portland doing this...What picks do they have?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Augustin leaves you with defensive issues. Augustin has shown a bad knack for calling his own number, usually on a pull up jumper.

Collison also calls his own number too much, typically after overdribbling the clock away and then driving to the hole. However he is a pretty feisty defender, but prone to gamble (ie, Armstrong on defense).

Tough call there. As stated endlessly by me I have zero faith in Westbrook as a true PG. He is an energy guy and I do agree he's one of the elite athletes in the draft. He'll defend, he will get tons of loose balls and scrap rebounds, and he will drive to the hole for his own score. But stopped in a half court set he's yet to show the awareness to space the floor for a play (other than feeding the post, and even then he doesn't move well to adjust the feed lane). If he had the outside shot then you could bring him in for the 2, but he hasn't shown that yet. He seems certain to stick in the NBA and if the Pacers didn't have Dun/Granger then I could see it a lot more.

BTW, looking at the RealGM mock Jose just posted in another thread, you can see just how insanely open this draft remains. And when you look at the mocks from mid-Jan to now it's even crazier.

Guys like Greene are way out, Budinger of course has fallen. Spreights in the top 10? Arthur over Love?

From mock to mock Augustin will go from 10th to 25th it seems. Rush, Chalmers, CDR all have big swings.

Frankly no one seems in agreement past the first 5-6. Even Mayo sees fluctuation, though I think his defense has earned him a top 6 slot when the draft finally hits.

Just wait till the camps and pro-days. "Oh, Billy Bob can only jump 2, he'll stink, but Billy Joe benched 34 reps, he's a sure thing".

Crossing my fingers that Bird and Co. are up to the task of sorting out this mess. Even the trade possibilities discussed here show how difficult some moves are going to be, though clearly opportunities are out there for the smart GM to find.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 04-11-2008 at 10:20 AM.

Default Re: Real GM Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    #10, 16 & 24 are internationals
    16 and 24 are, by definition, not in the lottery.

Missed #10, though.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we can move up only two spots to nab EJ, we must do it.

Any ideas what that would cost us? Ike and the #11?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    If we can move up only two spots to nab EJ, we must do it.

Any ideas what that would cost us? Ike and the #11?
    EJ might be there when we pick. This mock didn't take into account the team doing the drafting.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Here is who the mocks currently have the Pacers picking:

NBADraft.net: Javale McGee

DraftExpress: Anthony Randolph (though they still have the Pacers at #9; they have Augustin going at #11)

ESPN: DJ Augustin

InsideHoops: DJ Augustin (though they still have the Pacers at #9; they have Gallinari going at #11)

HoopsHype: DJ Augustin
    Ford still has Griffin in the draft. I'm pretty sure not all these mocks are as up to date as we think. Same with the scouting reports. Always check the date they were written. What someone thought of a player pre-season has little meaning now.

I mean people thought Mayo would have no interest in defense and it was his biggest area of pride. People thougth Hibbert would really shine with that extra year. People thought EJ would be this great all-around guard with killer PG potential.

I would call this draft above average if everyone not declared does come out. Looks like you could get 15-20 solid rotation guys out of this, and possibly 2 legit superstars. It's not 1996 but it appears better than perhaps 1998 to 2000.

One thing about this year is that a lot of these picks faced each other, so you have a sense of what you are getting. We saw Rose vs Mayo, Collison, Augustin, Westbrook, we saw CDR vs Rush, we saw Lee vs Westbrook, we saw Love vs Lopez, Dorsey, and so on. A lot of these were in conference or NCAA tourney games.

So often you have several picks that just haven't played anyone, and the ones that have been steady but not spectacular (think Cleeves for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    I'd prefer Foye to Conley. Mike is small and he can't shoot. Memphis clearly reached taking him #4. He's not much better a prospect than D.J. Augustin.
    Minny won't trade Rose (and shouldn't). If they get Rose, the fans at least would be very happy with one of Indy's young SFs + Indy's pick for Foye.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    EJ might be there when we pick. This mock didn't take into account the team doing the drafting.
    That is why I think he will be gone by the time we pick.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dervos View Post
    Minny won't trade Rose (and shouldn't). If they get Rose, the fans at least would be very happy with one of Indy's young SFs + Indy's pick for Foye.
    Seems too much for Foye.

Didn't Minny just use (or waste) a top-10 pick on Corey Brewer
    last year ? Why would they trade for another young SF ?

Is Foye playing PG exclusively up there this year ?

Mood

minny would want a young big next to Al more than anything else....

But a Williams may interest them..

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah Brown View Post
    Didn't Minny just use (or waste) a top-10 pick on Corey Brewer
    last year ? Why would they trade for another young SF ?

Is Foye playing PG exclusively up there this year ?
    They have the Telfair/Jaric/Foye show going on and McCants has been getting time at SG.

Yes, they have Brewer, who I've read in reviews is getting much better as the season is going on and a very good defender.

Seem they would need an improvement at SG and PF or C, depending on what they consider Jefferson to be.
    Last edited by MyFavMartin; 04-11-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Hoosier spelling

Foye has had some problems with injury this year I believe.

Although I must admit, I like him more than the other prospects the Pacers could be looking at. If the Timberwolves were willing to swap Foye for our pick I would probably be for it. Which if they get Rose I can see them willing to do that if they have their sights set on one of the bigs in this draft.

Some players the Pacers could look to trade the pick for...

Rashard McCants, I think the Timberwolves might rather move McCants then Foye.

Ben Gordon. I would LOVE to have Ben Gordon on this team. Love it. I think we would owe the Bulls more than our pick. Would be very difficult to get Ben since he will be a free agent I think.

This is all assuming we pick around the 10-12 range. I just don't like any one prospect enough. The bigs are unproven and DJ is really small would not improve our defense. I don't see a lot of opitions though as far as trading the pick, at least not good opitions. Way to early though I guess.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    Some players the Pacers could look to trade the pick for...

Rashard McCants, I think the Timberwolves might rather move McCants then Foye.

Ben Gordon. I would LOVE to have Ben Gordon on this team. Love it. I think we would owe the Bulls more than our pick. Would be very difficult to get Ben since he will be a free agent I think.
    Bird was high on both in the draft if my memory suits me. BG would be tops, but he is a FA, so a S&T would be necessary. Would love to get BG, TT & Filler for JO. Chi would then have JO & L.Hughes expiring in '10.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    Bird was high on both in the draft if my memory suits me. BG would be tops, but he is a FA, so a S&T would be necessary. Would love to get BG, TT & Filler for JO. Chi would then have JO & L.Hughes expiring in '10.

That is a huge contract we would have to sign him to to trade JO for him.

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    That is a huge contract we would have to sign him to to trade JO for him.

Hinreach, Gordon & TT For JO, pick, Diogu

Why trade the pick for Ben Gordon when we may be able to trade up a couple spots and draft Eric Gordon?

If Larry really wanted Ben so badly, he'd probably be chomping at the bit to draft Eric, a player in the same mold with a higher ceiling.

Why trade the pick for Ben Gordon when we may be able to trade up a couple spots and draft Eric Gordon?

If Larry really wanted Ben so badly, he'd probably be chomping at the bit to draft Eric, a player in the same mold with a higher ceiling.
    I guess I didn't think of moving up. I think that could be harder to do than trading for a proven guy like Gordon, JMO. Although I don't see how we could get Ben since trading our pick plus Jermaine for him doesn't make much sense to me.

I could see Bird wanting Ben. As someone said he was pretty high on him in 2004 when Ben was drafted (or I think that was the year atleast.) Ben is the proven player and if Bird wants to win now I can see him wanting him over say Eric Gordon.

Ben = season tested, proven commodity

Eric = unproven college freshman
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Eric = has the potential to be a superstar

Ben = will never be a superstar

Eric is also a local product that could put some butts in seats.

Anybody seen a lot of the Weaver guys from Washington State? Mentally tough and strong perimeter defense in a combo guard?

Sounds like something we could use by somehow acquiring a late first. I've seen very little of him though so I'm interested to see if anybody feels they can assess the assessment.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Mood

Pacers are on the clock and if you had to choose between Speights, CDR, or Arthur, who would you choose?

(I'm assuming that we've the 12th pick and guys like Westbrook and EJ are gone.)

Which do you think is most likely not to be available at #12?

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    Pacers are on the clock and if you had to choose between Speights, CDR, or Arthur, who would you choose?

(I'm assuming that we've the 12th pick and guys like Westbrook and EJ are gone.)

Which do you think is most likely not to be available at #12?
    Good question, and I'm not sure. I think we need guards a bit more than we need bigs right now, but CD-R doesn't impress me the way he does some others. If EJ and Westbrook are gone, though, I'd imagine Collison would still be on the board, in which case I'd lean toward taking him or Augustin.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Dern! If Thabeet is still available at 25 I'd wanna make a trade to nab him. No, I din't say trade down.
    No kidding, I can't see Thabeet getting drafted below Hibbert. Especially not as low as 25.