Thread: Horrible

Default Horrible

The fact that this game (and half of the games over the last couple of weeks) isn't televised on regular TV is a big part of the fan disconnect problem. I used to think people were just being funny when they'd ask "We still have a team?". Now I wonder how serious they were.

That's crap!

Default Re: Horrible

I've heard some people talk about IU in the same way... for the same basic reason. In that case, games being on the Big Ten Network and not being on their cable system. What happens is the habit of following the games is broken, and then the interest wanes(sp?). Plus, I don't think people like going out of their way to find the games. It used to be it was easy to know where the games were. They were either a 'special' event on a big network or on their regular broadcast home...available to pretty much all. That was true whether IU or the Pacers.

So, to your main point... I agree... the tv deal is NOT helping with the fan disconnect with the Pacers.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

yeah, this is crap. BTW, IU vs. Michigan is actually on ESPN this Tuesday night.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Of course FSN and the local distributors of those feeds that sell ad time probably don't mind not having to show every game. They've been a tough sell to advertisers this year.

Looks like we are headed back to the early 90's, pre FSMW deal when we got maybe 20 games on TV, something like that. IIRC I got jazzed when I heard we were going up to 60 on TV in one season. Hard to believe.

It's a shame tonight's game wasn't on TV. Not that it was beautiful, but we did kick Atlanta's ***, which was nice.