Thread: IU/Iowa game

Default IU/Iowa game

Did anyone else watch the IU/Iowa game last night and see Justin Johnson for Iowa rip off six 3-pointers in the last 1:56, the last of which came from just inside half-court on a broken play? It was seriously, seriously Reggie-esque and he almost single-handedly stole that game for Iowa. I was just wondering what the Iowa fans who left early were thinking when they were on the way home and found out later... the stadium was at least 3/4 empty when all this was going on.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: IU/Iowa game

Quote Originally Posted by D23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone else watch the IU/Iowa game last night and see Justin Johnson for Iowa rip off six 3-pointers in the last 1:56, the last of which came from just inside half-court on a broken play? It was seriously, seriously Reggie-esque and he almost single-handedly stole that game for Iowa. I was just wondering what the Iowa fans who left early were thinking when they were on the way home and found out later... the stadium was at least 3/4 empty when all this was going on.
    The stadium was pretty empty all game...

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't get to see it, thanks once again to the amazing BTN monopoly, but I did follow it on ESPN.com. I thought it was well in hand when we took an 11-point lead late, and got a little nervous when seeing all those threes were going down.

Iowa sucks this year, but it's still nice to get a conference road win, regardless of who it's against.

I'm still very concerned that we're going to lose more conference games than we should, thanks to filling up on Twinkies in the pre-conference schedule.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was amazing to watch the lead extend because things were actually taking place when EJ started getting the ball.

He wasn't even touching the ball for quite a while, it was a close game, then they get a timeout he comes out and takes over by getting to the line repeatedly and they start pulling ahead.

I like Ellis, I really do, but if he never shot outside of 15ft, and I only say that because of FTs, I would be a really happy camper. His shot is so flat I'm surprised it doesn't bounce off the back of the rim to halfcourt. It's just ugly.

Also, I didn't hear anything about Bassett. He started the game then was gone no word about injury or anything.

EDIT: Answered my own question.
    Indiana starting guard Armon Bassett left the game early in the first half because of bone chips in his ankle. The plan, Sampson said, is to give Bassett some rest in hopes the injury improves.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=280022294
    Last edited by Since86; 01-03-2008 at 02:29 PM.