Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 101

Thread: Pacers Digest needs a trade

  1. #51
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait a minute....how MUCH oil?
    I'm so loved
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  2. #52
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,865
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm so loved
    Dude, I was all for holding out for 9 or 10 barrels, minimum. Grace was the one willing to go for the fill-up and a clean windshield.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  3. #53
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,638

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PD trades Naptown_Seth for Tony Reali.
    Me...



    with air time...



    and the ability to mute anyone I disagree with...





    Yeah, that's a trade someone is certain to put a stop to before it could go through, just from a general public safety standpoint.



    PD trades Shade to Wendy's for a Double Bacon Cheesburger, Large Fries, and a Chocolate Frosty.
    Why not, he ain't eating 'em.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We really need to trade UB because he has a gambling problem that needs to be addressed. He's got so much talent, but his gambling antics are just bringing everyone down.
    So instead of a trade he just "retires" and takes a season to post over at the IndyIndians fan forum. He can even buy them a new server and a BB software upgrade, then make a triumpant return by faxing "I'm Back" to the Donato's office during a PD party.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 01-05-2008 at 12:08 AM.

  4. #54
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,638

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's true - my MS Paint skills pale in comparison to his Photoshop prowess.
    I'm too lazy to do it, but please for the love of god someone do a crap MS Paint scrawly line stick figure drawing of ATC's kids being taken away at the hearing/Maury show ala Elian Gonzalez.

  5. #55
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,865
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    How about just a structural shake-up to the organization? See, you create an area...call it Fantasy GM or Trade Proposals or Are You Out of Your Mind? or something...and all the threads involving trades of Pacer players to other teams would go in that area, and not clutter up the real-world Pacers discussion area?
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  6. #56
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me...



    with air time...



    and the ability to mute anyone I disagree with...





    Yeah, that's a trade someone is certain to put a stop to before it could go through, just from a general public safety standpoint.

    I'm not sure I'd want Reali (his contract is huge and I really can't see Hicks going over the luxury tax for a non-contending forum like this), but we need to get rid of this Naptown_Seth character somehow. And fast.

    Every time he posts something, the whole forum just turns into a slog-thread. Everyone else just sits around waiting and not posting anything. Seriously, look at how much better our posts-per-minute record is when he's not around. He might make some good points here and there, but overall he makes the forum worse. I can't believe some of you still can't see it. He can't set up other members, he has a horrible percentage of grammatical errors and he doesn't make other posts better. And when was the last time you remember him hitting "post reply" on a clutch post when we really needed it? I'll save you some time: Never.

    It's his spacing. It's horrible. And we gotta move him now while he still has at least some value.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 01-05-2008 at 03:30 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  7. #57
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about just a structural shake-up to the organization? See, you create an area...call it Fantasy GM or Trade Proposals or Are You Out of Your Mind? or something...and all the threads involving trades of Pacer players to other teams would go in that area, and not clutter up the real-world Pacers discussion area?
    You mean something like this?

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...splay.php?f=15

  8. #58
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,865
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .... but we need to get rid of this Naptown_Seth character somehow. And fast.

    Every time he posts something, the whole forum just turns into a slog-thread. Everyone else just sits around waiting and not posting anything. Seriously, look at how much better our posts-per-minute record is when he's not around. He might make some good points here and there, but overall he makes the forum worse. I can't believe some of you still can't see it. He can't set up other members, he has a horrible percentage of grammatical errors and he doesn't make other posts better. And when was the last time you remember him hitting "post reply" on a clutch post when we really needed it? I'll save you some time: Never.

    It's his spacing. It's horrible. And we gotta move him now while he still has at least some value.
    I'm so TIRED of this sort of unsubstantiated BS criticism of our posters.
    Here's a chart for this thread, current to 3pm, 5 Jan, concentrating on posts, length of post, spelling, and finally, my own HaHa index. Does this show we have issues?? Sure we do!

    But our spelling is right up at the top of the league. We have very few posters going for the all caps or no caps style of posting. Maybe if anything, these stats show that we're settling for the quick, short pith shot...with not enough success either IMO. Keep in mind, this is only one thread. Indy obviously put up way too many posts for what I think his role should be. Be different if he was hitting a higher percentage of them...and newman8r just disappeared, again. I think everyone is looking for more from him.

    Some things just can't be quantified...who's not trying hard enough? Who's trying too hard? Who didn't get the previous poster's joke? You'll have to form your own opinions there.

    I'll be posting these under "the Big PD Index thread" soon.

    PosterPosts> 15 Words> 1 ParaPerfSpell ALLCAPSnocapsHaHa
    Mal1111.132
    Indy11111111111111111.221
    ATC11111.256
    J Bond1101.200
    L Helmet111111.187
    JayRedd1111111111111.456
    F. Dutchman1101.289
    rabidp'fan1001.098
    tdubbo310011.112
    Squirrelz11011N/A
    grace11111111111.322
    nat'stoned1.244
    Robertmto11.167
    hoopsforlife1111.188
    indygeezer111111.193
    Putnam11111111111.221
    BoomB'33111.190
    Elgin56DNP-CD
    newman8r11.156
    intridcold111.155
    BillS1111.188
    LoneGran'33111111111111.145
    kester9911111111111.367
    kegboy11111.222
    NapT'Seth111111.198
    Shade1111.167
    ABADays1111.223
    RamBo LamarDNP-CD
    Evan The Dude11.344
    Kraft11.187
    Arcadian111.223
    bellisimo11.211
    The Hustler111.258
    Last edited by kester99; 01-05-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  9. #59
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    If I have a thought, I'm gonna post it. You can bet on that.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #60
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,359
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Thank you Mr. (Ms?) Kester99, I can see from your analysis that I need be more insightful. It would also appear that I need work upon my spelling.

    I shall therefore endeavor to stride toward perfection and thus uplift the dignity of the realm that is THEE Pacers Digest. (Hey if the scum at Ohio State can do it, so can I)

    As for humor, well there really isn't much to do about that...some readers are just too literal to grasp the nuances of my subtle humor. Sorry.


    (BTW...I love your etch-a-sketch avitar. If the hair were shorter and grey it would look just like me...well, in my opinion anyway)
    Last edited by indygeezer; 01-05-2008 at 09:50 PM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  11. #61
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,865
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (BTW...I love your etch-a-sketch avitar. If the hair were shorter and grey it would look just like me...well, in my opinion anyway)
    It is gray (grey?), and it's mister...haven't got the hair cut since I got out of the Army about 7 yrs ago.

    The haha index is extremely complicated, and proprietary, so I can't reveal the formula...and again, it was just one game, er, thread.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  12. #62
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,359
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is gray (grey?), and it's mister...haven't got the hair cut since I got out of the Army about 7 yrs ago.

    The haha index is extremely complicated, and proprietary, so I can't reveal the formula...and again, it was just one game, er, thread.
    Oops, there goes the spelling score again.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  13. #63
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,908

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    That's an utterly ridiculous index. I mean, I bring so many intangibles to the board.

    Sixteen.

  14. #64
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Jamaal Tinsley +
    Kegboy -

    Mal 10
    Indy 10
    ATC 10
    J Bond 10
    L Helmet 10
    JayRedd 10
    F.Dutchman 10
    rabidp'fan 10
    tdubb3 10
    Squirrelz 10
    grace 10
    Jamaal Tinsley 11
    nat'stoned 10
    Robertmto 10
    hoopsforlife 10
    indygeezer 10
    Putnam 10
    BoomB'33 10
    Elgin56 10
    newman8r 10
    intridcold 10
    BillS 10
    LoneGran'33 10
    Kester99 10
    kegboy 10
    Nap T'Seth 10
    Shade 10
    ABADays 10
    RamBo Lamar 10
    Evan The Dude 10
    Kraft 10
    Arcadian 10
    bellisimo 10
    The Hustler 10
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  15. #65
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,865
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Man, I'll NEVER understand the + /-.


    ...and if you haven't gone to the shout box to see geezer's amazing late christmas video, you should...
    Last edited by kester99; 01-06-2008 at 02:27 AM. Reason: plug
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  16. #66
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,908

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jamaal Tinsley +
    Kegboy -

    Mal 10
    Indy 10
    ATC 10
    J Bond 10
    L Helmet 10
    JayRedd 10
    F.Dutchman 10
    rabidp'fan 10
    tdubb3 10
    Squirrelz 10
    grace 10
    Jamaal Tinsley 11
    nat'stoned 10
    Robertmto 10
    hoopsforlife 10
    indygeezer 10
    Putnam 10
    BoomB'33 10
    Elgin56 10
    newman8r 10
    intridcold 10
    BillS 10
    LoneGran'33 10
    Kester99 10
    kegboy 9
    Nap T'Seth 10
    Shade 10
    ABADays 10
    RamBo Lamar 10
    Evan The Dude 10
    Kraft 10
    Arcadian 10
    bellisimo 10
    The Hustler 10
    LOL. I completely forgot about those.

  17. #67

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Man, I knew Travis Diener and I have something in common. I don't know how this system works either.


  18. #68
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL. I completely forgot about those.
    I may not bring 16 intangibles to this board but I definitely bring an elephant-like memory of past events. Can we please trade this joker? Intangibles is like BC-speak for "I suck."

  19. #69
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsforlife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, I knew Travis Diener and I have something in common. I don't know how this system works either.

    Jamaal Tinsley +
    Hoopsforlife -

    Mal 10
    Indy 10
    ATC 10
    J Bond 10
    L Helmet 10
    JayRedd 10
    F.Dutchman 10
    rabidp'fan 10
    tdubb3 10
    Squirrelz 10
    grace 10
    Jamaal Tinsley 12
    nat'stoned 10
    Robertmto 10
    hoopsforlife 9
    indygeezer 10
    Putnam 10
    BoomB'33 10
    Elgin56 10
    newman8r 10
    intridcold 10
    BillS 10
    LoneGran'33 10
    Kester99 10
    kegboy 9
    Nap T'Seth 10
    Shade 10
    ABADays 10
    RamBo Lamar 10
    Evan The Dude 10
    Kraft 10
    Arcadian 10
    bellisimo 10
    The Hustler 10
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  20. #70

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Jamaal Tinsley +
    Kegboy -

    Mal 10
    Indy 10
    ATC 10
    J Bond 10
    L Helmet 10
    JayRedd 10
    F.Dutchman 10
    rabidp'fan 10
    tdubb3 10
    Squirrelz 10
    grace 10
    Jamaal Tinsley 13
    nat'stoned 10
    Robertmto 10
    hoopsforlife 9
    indygeezer 10
    Putnam 10
    BoomB'33 10
    Elgin56 10
    newman8r 10
    intridcold 10
    BillS 10
    LoneGran'33 10
    Kester99 10
    kegboy 8
    Nap T'Seth 10
    Shade 10
    ABADays 10
    RamBo Lamar 10
    Evan The Dude 10
    Kraft 10
    Arcadian 10
    bellisimo 10
    The Hustler 10
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  21. #71
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,908

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Kegboy +
    Rexnom -

    Mal 10
    Indy 10
    ATC 10
    J Bond 10
    L Helmet 10
    JayRedd 10
    F.Dutchman 10
    rabidp'fan 10
    tdubb3 10
    Squirrelz 10
    grace 10
    Jamaal Tinsley 13
    nat'stoned 10
    Robertmto 10
    hoopsforlife 9
    indygeezer 10
    Putnam 10
    BoomB'33 10
    Elgin56 10
    newman8r 10
    intridcold 10
    BillS 10
    LoneGran'33 10
    Kester99 10
    kegboy 9
    Nap T'Seth 10
    Shade 10
    ABADays 10
    RamBo Lamar 10
    Evan The Dude 10
    Kraft 10
    Arcadian 10
    bellisimo 10
    The Hustler 10
    Rexnom -1

    That right there, is BC-speak for .
    StankoLover316 is an intangible, but I'm not saying that I am him, because that's obviously not true. Just offering him as an example.

  22. #72
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,638

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's an utterly ridiculous index. I mean, I bring so many intangibles to the board.

    Sixteen.
    Well it's clearly not accurate. Who in the F thinks I'm not leading in words per post? No one.


    Now Redd's points are tough to disagree with. I am the JO of PD. Argue with refs/anyone nearby, defend (my points) aggressively, demand post space, slog down posting with long, slow posts that no one likes to read, can't run with the 1 line quip PD offense that LG33 is trying to run, and like JO I'll punch a Turtle.

    I mean they're so slow, what can they do about it?

  23. #73
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,262
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Rexnom +
    Mal -

    Mal 9
    Indy 10
    ATC 10
    J Bond 10
    L Helmet 10
    JayRedd 10
    F.Dutchman 10
    rabidp'fan 10
    tdubb3 10
    Squirrelz 10
    grace 10
    Jamaal Tinsley 13
    nat'stoned 10
    Robertmto 10
    hoopsforlife 9
    indygeezer 10
    Putnam 10
    BoomB'33 10
    Elgin56 10
    newman8r 10
    intridcold 10
    BillS 10
    LoneGran'33 10
    Kester99 10
    kegboy 9
    Nap T'Seth 10
    Shade 10
    ABADays 10
    RamBo Lamar 10
    Evan The Dude 10
    Kraft 10
    Arcadian 10
    bellisimo 10
    The Hustler 10

    I want my Hicks back and now Rexnom is out of the equation...AGAIN
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  24. #74
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it's clearly not accurate. Who in the F thinks I'm not leading in words per post?


    Clearly Tbird beats you by a mile. Peck probably does too, when he goes through those phases when all he posts are his odd thoughts.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  25. #75
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest needs a trade

    Shade +
    Shade -

    Mal 9
    Indy 10
    ATC 10
    J Bond 10
    L Helmet 10
    JayRedd 10
    F.Dutchman 10
    rabidp'fan 10
    tdubb3 10
    Squirrelz 10
    grace 10
    Jamaal Tinsley 13
    nat'stoned 10
    Robertmto 10
    hoopsforlife 9
    indygeezer 10
    Putnam 10
    BoomB'33 10
    Elgin56 10
    newman8r 10
    intridcold 10
    BillS 10
    LoneGran'33 10
    Kester99 10
    kegboy 9
    Nap T'Seth 10
    Shade 10
    ABADays 10
    RamBo Lamar 10
    Evan The Dude 10
    Kraft 10
    Arcadian 10
    bellisimo 10
    The Hustler 10

Similar Threads

  1. The trade almost one year later
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:54 PM
  2. PERFECT NJN/IND TRADE!!!!!
    By croz24 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
  3. A Schedule Comparison: Pacers -vs- ???
    By NuffSaid in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •