Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to stop Rip

Default Re: How to stop Rip

lemme see, we cam into this series with no player hurting if i remember well.

Now: JO (undercut, hyper-extended knee)
    Jamal: undercut, twisted ankle, knee, thrown around: torn amstring
    Al: sternum (wee elbow)

and some of you are worried about a hard foul or two?

if they want war, give it to them, go hard and go hard again, stop whoever tries to penetrate, use Polly if need be, use whoever.

No one mentioned that Rip had 3 fouls 40 seconds into the 2nd half, yet he did not get antoher, bring it to him

and msa2cf: you have not seen one game by the sound of it: Ron shut him down once he (fnially) got him in the 3d.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

and msa2cf: you have not seen one game by the sound of it: Ron shut him down once he (fnially) got him in the 3d.

Thanks, able. I did say previously that I haven't watched every minute, so maybe Ron did stop Rip. I have watched a lot of this series and, from what I saw, Ron did nothing to change how Rip was doing.

Thanks, able. I did say previously that I haven't watched every minute, so maybe Ron did stop Rip. I have watched a lot of this series and, from what I saw, Ron did nothing to change how Rip was doing.
    Ron took him midway through the 3d, he had 27 pts, Ron left him in the 4th with 30, he made one 3 in 14 minutes or so.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Artest has gaurded him some in the series and gotten a few blocking calls for doing it. It will be interesting to see if Ron can chase hime for a whole game.

Beyond using Ron on him (which I agree with) you need to stress contact, contact, contact. Bump and ride him (no, not THAT bump and ride) the entire game.

He'll still get some points but you should be able to wear him down.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bump and ride him (no, not THAT bump and ride) the entire game.
    Hey, it would definitely take him out of his game.

C'mon, Ron! Take one for the team!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe AJ could give him the flu?

Ron, fulltime on Rip is an idea... but who guards Prince? He's capable of scoring twenty-plus against the Uncle, too.
    Bender?
    I had a thread on this before game 4 and I watched carefully when Bender was in the game. He guarded Rip better than Reggie and Fred combined.

Reggie and Fred cannot contain Rip. They can't stay with him through the picks. Bender with his skinny frame and long reach did a much better job of staying with him. Unfortunately, he turned the ball over twice in the middle of the Pacers run in the second quarter and rode the pine the rest of the way.

Anyway, 5.1 is the best defensively against Rip because of his speed, length, and shot-blocking ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

sweabs

Maybe AJ could give him the flu?

Ron, fulltime on Rip is an idea... but who guards Prince? He's capable of scoring twenty-plus against the Uncle, too.
    Bender?
    I had a thread on this before game 4 and I watched carefully when Bender was in the game. He guarded Rip better than Reggie and Fred combined.

Reggie and Fred cannot contain Rip. They can't stay with him through the picks. Bender with his skinny frame and long reach did a much better job of staying with him. Unfortunately, he turned the ball over twice in the middle of the Pacers run in the second quarter and rode the pine the rest of the way.

Anyway, 5.1 is the best defensively against Rip because of his speed, length, and shot-blocking ability.
    Hey - it's worth a try isn't it? For longer than a few minutes...I say RC should let it pan out and see what happens.

Hey - it's worth a try isn't it? For longer than a few minutes...I say RC should let it pan out and see what happens.
    A few minutes is right.

By now, Rick should have figured out what does and does not work.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A few minutes is right.

By now, Rick should have figured out what does and does not work.
    Don't think I agree. We've only had a severely hobbled PG and wounded C for a game or two. All bets on our gameplan are off.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you