Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McGrady unhappy in Houston

Default Re: McGrady unhappy in Houston

yeah don't they make about the same? lol
    T-mac would be awesome on this team!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

any way we can get t-mac without giving up JO or granger? if so man i'd do that and lets challenge the c's for the top!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney2584 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about this... Indiana trades Jermaine O'neal, Jamaal Tinsley, and Shawne williams (or Diougu whomever you loathe more) for T-mac, Mike James and their unprotected 2008 first rounder. Pacers get rid of jermaine and tinsley, shawne is gone which clears up some more room at the 3 instead of adding t-mac to an allready abundant position AND Indy has two picks both of which would be decent in this years draft which we can keep or move up to get a Rose or Gordon type player....holla.
    I like it. Not sure if it makes us better this year but it sets us up nice for the future.

Myself and the other whiners who don't care to pay to watch certain players would go to more games. No doubt about that.

Also T-mac would have more re-sale value if we chose to package him and one of our picks to get in position to draft your boy.

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLeeroy View Post
    I like it. Not sure if it makes us better this year but it sets us up nice for the future.

Myself and the other whiners who don't care to pay to watch certain players would go to more games. No doubt about that.

Also T-mac would have more re-sale value if we chose to package him and one of our picks to get in position to draft your boy.
    Exactly, I'm done with this year. Yes, I will continue to watch but it pains me to watch mediocrity. Either ***** or get off the pot so to speak...no one we have is going to get us into contention, the only way is by adding to our talent and we have no players that could net us anyone worth anything because of all our awful salary to talent ratios. The ABSOLUTE worst thing the Pacers could do this year is to sneak into the playoffs at a 6-8 seed, forgoe a lottery pick and be ousted in the first round. Why we are not in rebuilding mode allready (unless we are waiting until the offseason/draft day to swing some deals) is a mystery to me. I would love to have EJ on this team for the future but i can live with some smart rebuilding choices..he just happens to be my current favorite player. There is an assload of talent in this draft and to not try and take advantage of it in our current state is a slap in the face to the fan base. We have poor guards and frontline potential, so go get some young guards to go with that frontline potential so we can build a good future franchise. I would love to snag a gordon/rose and a deandre jordan type in the draft...probably not likely but more worth mulling over than watching us flounder around in the kiddie pool of the NBA. PS...go pacers
    Last edited by jmoney2584; 01-01-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    Where's this McGrady retiring at 30 come from? Did he say that?
    Yes.

Mood

It would be incredible, but unfortunately he hates Indiana.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    I don't to trade for another injury prone player though. Especially one that doesn't make us better.

I don't know how much of a PR boost it would be really. I mean McGrady can draw bigger crowds than Jermaine but enough to make a difference? I don't think so at least. I think that winning is a much better PR boost and this trade doesn't give us that.
    With this team as constructed, standing pat isn't going to cut it. We are a .500 team at best. That's not "winning" in the "common fan's" eyes. And the "common fan" is who TPTB have to win back.

Moreover, I believe that the "common fan" relates JO and Tins clear back to the brawl, and until they are gone (no longer a Pacer), attendance will stay where it is now or get worse. I'm not a financial analyist, but 7-8-9 thousand fans per game doesn't pay the bills (much less JO's contract), and thats a recipe for losing this team to Seattle in 5 years.

thinkin about t-mac comin to indy is good.

but in all reality.

he wont be coming to Indiana.

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

As I consider this idea, I am alternately curious, excited, repulsed, and petrified.

The thing that makes it hard for me to say yes, despite my calls for a trade of some sort, is that I find TMac to be a talented player, but arguably one of the most overrated around. Not unlike JO, doesn't live up to the reputation/status/image conferred upon him. Arguably TMac's more injury pronte, too.

The TMac I see when I think 2008 version is nothing like the potentially Jordanesque one I remember from the early days in Toronto. The current model doesn't D up much and his forays to the rim are infrequent.

This concern is offset, however, by the comments already put forth about the potential advantages of cutting ties with the brawl era and the valid point that the current collection of players will not rise above the cycle of medicority dooming us to that purgatory. A JO for TMac deal doesn't guarantee that either by any means.

Any deal involving these two would hinge on what, if anything, was included beyond them IMO.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Exactly, I'm done with this year. Yes, I will continue to watch but it pains me to watch mediocrity. Either ***** or get off the pot so to speak...no one we have is going to get us into contention, the only way is by adding to our talent and we have no players that could net us anyone worth anything because of all our awful salary to talent ratios. The ABSOLUTE worst thing the Pacers could do this year is to sneak into the playoffs at a 6-8 seed, forgoe a lottery pick and be ousted in the first round. Why we are not in rebuilding mode allready (unless we are waiting until the offseason/draft day to swing some deals) is a mystery to me. I would love to have EJ on this team for the future but i can live with some smart rebuilding choices..he just happens to be my current favorite player. There is an assload of talent in this draft and to not try and take advantage of it in our current state is a slap in the face to the fan base. We have poor guards and frontline potential, so go get some young guards to go with that frontline potential so we can build a good future franchise. I would love to snag a gordon/rose and a deandre jordan type in the draft...probably not likely but more worth mulling over than watching us flounder around in the kiddie pool of the NBA. PS...go pacers
    Ok, let me explain my position more in depth.

I have been on the fence the past two seasons about changing the team way more radically in a certain vision (before the Al trade that so many of the members loved and I really did not like at all). In other words to make some clear cut choices. Either we go with totally building a team that could seriously contend and totally dedicate to that or we rebuild.

I hate this aim of just getting to the play-offs is what is needed to have a succesfull year. That's an aim that lacks ambition and only is aimed towards the short term. I would prefer us to take a dip in the standings, so we would have a better shot at getting a higher rated talent, because we IMO lack the talent in the longterm to be able to seriously compete.

Now that doesn't mean I am talking about gunning as low as the first 3 picks, but adding a 5 or 6th pick would sure be nice.

It also doesn't mean that I think we should be solely gunning for good draft picks. One or two trades with players that have just started or about to establish themselves as the sort of players that we need aswell as some ending contracts and a few veterans to "tutor" the kiddiecorps.

Thats what I believed and still believe would have been the best formula to getting a good team again. Fixing the talentlevel and fixing the amount of salary we are dishing out. It would mean sucking for prob. 2 years, maybe 3, but I have faith that this team has enough good scouts to make full use of the picks we would be getting aswell.

That beying said who would you want to trade with to get a top-3 pick this year? Because the asking prices for those are usually enormous. And I dont think we have what it takes there and I dont think the potential teams getting it would be very interested, except maybe the Knicks (but, didnt they trade away their 2008 pick) and then only because Zeke likes JO a lot and the other way around aswell.

Regards,

Mourning
    Last edited by Mourning; 01-02-2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: grammar corrections
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Ok, let me explain my position more in depth.

I have been on the fence the past two seasons about changing the team way more radically in a certain vision (before the Al trade that so many of the members loved and I really did not like at all). In other words to make some clear cut choices. Either we go with totally building a team that could seriously contend and totally dedicate to that or we rebuild.

I hate this aim that just getting to the play-offs is what is needed to have a succesfull year. That's an aim that lacks ambition in my personal opinion. I wanted preferred us to take a dip in the standings, so we would have a better shot at getting a higher rated talent, because we IMO lack the talent in the longterm to be able to seriously compete.

Now that doesn't mean I am talking about gunning as low as the first 3 picks, but adding a 5 or 6th pick would sure be nice.

It also doesn't mean that I think we should be solely gunning for good draft picks. One or two trades with players that have just started or about to establish themselves as the sort of players that we need aswell as some ending contracts and a few veterans to "tutor" the kiddiecorps.

Thats what I believed and still believe would have been the best formula to getting a good team again. Fixing the talentlevel and fixing the amount of salary we are dishing out. It would mean sucking for prob. 2 years, maybe 3, but I have faith that this team has enough good scouts to make full use of the picks we would be getting aswell.

That beying said who would you want to trade with to get a top-3 pick this year? Because the asking prices for those are usually enormous. And I dont think we have what it takes there and I dont think the potential teams getting it would be very interested, except maybe the Knicks (but, didnt they trade away their 2008 pick) and then only because Zeke likes JO a lot and the other way around aswell.

Regards,

Mourning
    As far as a decent trading partner goes we would have to wait until the all-star break or even a last minute draft day thing where we get a steal with the rights to "so and so" like Portland did with Brandon Roy. Since our salary distribution is pretty janked right now it could be a hard road to walk, but if we could pick up anyone via trades or the draft i would be happy as long as they are smart long term moves. The cavs aren't going to stay mediocre for long...even though the Heat suck and are in a bad spot paying Shaqasaurus his salary over the next 4, they should be in place to get a good pick this year and have someone to go with wade in the future. Boston has several years of being great left in them, detroit will be there...unless something blockbuster is on the horizon, I believe getting some picks in a heavily talented draft is key along with making some player for player type moves in the coming years. No one wants Troy now obviously, but in his final year when that fatty contract is coming off the books we could get someone to bite on him....who knows. All in all i think any moves we make will come in the offseason as it seems TPTB may give JOB a full year to work with this team and fully assess the situation. I'm just crossing my fingers because a young developing team with great potential having a few medicore seasons is much more exciting than watching what we have now. As a 23 year fan I just want to see a good product on the court, I want going to games to be fun again...I remember the days of MSA and being a kid at the Pacers/Knicks ECFs...THOSE were crazy unmatchable atmospheres...Indiana deserves this again.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

As far as a decent trading partner goes we would have to wait until the all-star break or even a last minute draft day thing where we get a steal with the rights to "so and so" like Portland did with Brandon Roy. Since our salary distribution is pretty janked right now it could be a hard road to walk, but if we could pick up anyone via trades or the draft i would be happy as long as they are smart long term moves. The cavs aren't going to stay mediocre for long...even though the Heat suck and are in a bad spot paying Shaqasaurus his salary over the next 4, they should be in place to get a good pick this year and have someone to go with wade in the future. Boston has several years of being great left in them, detroit will be there...unless something blockbuster is on the horizon, I believe getting some picks in a heavily talented draft is key along with making some player for player type moves in the coming years. No one wants Troy now obviously, but in his final year when that fatty contract is coming off the books we could get someone to bite on him....who knows. All in all i think any moves we make will come in the offseason as it seems TPTB may give JOB a full year to work with this team and fully assess the situation. I'm just crossing my fingers because a young developing team with great potential having a few medicore seasons is much more exciting than watching what we have now. As a 23 year fan I just want to see a good product on the court, I want going to games to be fun again...I remember the days of MSA and being a kid at the Pacers/Knicks ECFs...THOSE were crazy unmatchable atmospheres...Indiana deserves this again.
    That I can fully aggree with.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws