Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McGrady unhappy in Houston

Default Re: McGrady unhappy in Houston

Setting aside that's a greater homer-trade than anything we saw from the LA fans, Nuff, the salaries don't come close to matching.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

If your going to start with Dunleavy you'll need to add Daniels & Foster. That comes pretty close to matching up, salary wise anyway.

Houston can throw in a scrub or ending contract to help balance out the rosters.

Either way, its not going to happen. When T-Mac was on his way out of Orlando he made it pretty clear that Indy was not on his list of places to play. We had a lot better team then than we do now so if he's moved it won't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike James AND a pick for Jamaal Tinsley? Really? Good luck with that.
    Considering Mike James is part of the reason they "need a point guard", yes. His numbers aren't nearly what JT's are either (8pts 2ast when you round both up). In fact, they love him so much in Houston he plays a whopping 18 mpg. I think he'd look better here because he can defend and hit shots (going by career %s anyway).

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    If your going to start with Dunleavy you'll need to add Daniels & Foster. That comes pretty close to matching up, salary wise anyway.

Houston can throw in a scrub or ending contract to help balance out the rosters.

Either way, its not going to happen. When T-Mac was on his way out of Orlando he made it pretty clear that Indy was not on his list of places to play. We had a lot better team then than we do now so if he's moved it won't be here.
    TMac doesn't have a no trade clause though. There is only one Kobe in the NBA.

I think when T-Mac has people kissing his feet after he shows up and hits some clutch shots and makes a few sick dunks he'll feel OK about Indiana. Most players who come here with his attitude do.

No trade clause or not, a player of T-Mac's status has a say in where he goes. If he lets it be known he won't be happy with a trade to Indy then my guess is, he wouldn't be traded to Indy.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

if we could get t-mac for Dunleavy, daniels, and diener and maybe a pick... that probrably would do wonders for us. T-mac could flourish in this offense.
    just think.....if they were all healthy......BIG 3 JO, DANNY, T-MAC (plus Tinsley)
    hmmmm...... a starting lineup of

Troy
    JO
    Danny
    T-MAC
    Tinsley

ooooo i like it!!!!

i think tinsley and t-mac would be a great backcourt
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I think when T-Mac has people kissing his feet after he shows up and hits some clutch shots and makes a few sick dunks he'll feel OK about Indiana. Most players who come here with his attitude do.
    It's going to be a moot point because with Tracy's injury history he'll be lucky to play 2/3 of a season.

The idea of Mike James as our starting PG doesn't sit well with me at least not with the way he is playing right now.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    It's going to be a moot point because with Tracy's injury history he'll be lucky to play 2/3 of a season.
    Yes, when you think of TMac, you think injury.

Same with JO. In fact, TMac played more games last year than JO and more in total the last 5 seasons...and even more career-wise in one less season.

Talentwise, TMac > JO, but both have the added quality of disrupting team development by not playing much. Not a recipe for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Setting aside that's a greater homer-trade than anything we saw from the LA fans, Nuff, the salaries don't come close to matching.
    My "homerism" has nothing to do with my commentary. I looked at getting T-Mac from a logical point of view. And logically, going the "T-Mac for JO" route just doesn't help both teams; there's no "win-win" for both sides.

As for the salaries matching, I never said I used a trade machine. Still, it makes more sense to me to give up one shooter for another along with a serviceable 3rd string PG than to do a straight-up trade that involves our best interior defender who is also our top interior scorer. JO and T-Mac would definitely compliment each other's game. IMO, TPTB would be foolish to give up one (JO) just to get the other (T-Mac).

Oh, and Kegboy, since you've done the homework on the salaries you tell me if the Pacers would be giving up too much or too little salary wise. If too much, find another scenario that would work w/o taking away from the team's strengths. Like him or not, JO does present this team with an interior presence that would be difficult to replace. On the other hand, this team does have shooters, just none who are dead-eye killers from anywhere on the floor. T-Mac would provide that for sure, but acquiring him w/o depleting the team which is already on shaky ground...that's the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Yes, when you think of TMac, you think injury.

Same with JO. In fact, TMac played more games last year than JO and more in total the last 5 seasons...and even more career-wise in one less season.

Talentwise, TMac > JO, but both have the added quality of disrupting team development by not playing much. Not a recipe for success.
    Exactly my point!

We don't need another injury prone player.

Secondly it would be really stupid for us to swap Jermaine for McGrady. Our lineup would be less balanced and we would be an even worse defensive team.

And if we deal Jermaine I want it to be for a re building package. It's gotta be. It doesn't make sense to deal Jermaine for an injury prone shooting guard. Yes Tracy is damn good but not a top 10 player and not going to make us better.

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    IMO, TPTB would be foolish to give up one (JO) just to get the other (T-Mac).
    It would be more foolish for Houston to give up one without even getting the other in return. JO may not be a good fit for them, but you're not going to get a star player (even a disgruntled, oft-injured one) for Dunleavy and scraps.

Unless we plan to trade JO, I would do this:

TMac for Granger, Quis and Murphy.

I think that works financially...and also think it's a fair trade. It's a lot to give up, but anytime you can move up the talent scale you are better off.

Dunleavy or Williams can play SF. Rush can backup TMac. Ike backs up JO. Foster and Harrison in the middle.

I don't think Houston will listen to a proposal that doesn't include Tinsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I don't think Houston will listen to a proposal that doesn't include Tinsley.
    Are you kidding? If so, go with this:

TMac for Tinsley, Quis and Murphy.

Who needs a PG anyway? Actually, I would deal Granger (who does have good market value) for a solid PG.

The starting 5 would get a huge boost with TMac.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only way that I could see this deal for T-mac going down is in a PR situation. This team needs a shot in the arm as far as intrest goes, and just getting rid of players that are said to be "not liked" and being a .500 team is not going to get intrest factor back in the franchise.

Believe it or not, there is NO ONE on this team that is "must see" to the very casual fan. We have not had that player since Reggie hung 'em up. As good as Jermaine was, he was never the player that could draw a crowd in the stands like McGrady still could.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

If the Rockets can develope Scola then him and Yao can make some noise in the Western Conference. It won't be this year but it will be in years to come.
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

Where's this McGrady retiring at 30 come from? Did he say that?

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

How about this... Indiana trades Jermaine O'neal, Jamaal Tinsley, and Shawne williams (or Diougu whomever you loathe more) for T-mac, Mike James and their unprotected 2008 first rounder. Pacers get rid of jermaine and tinsley, shawne is gone which clears up some more room at the 3 instead of adding t-mac to an allready abundant position AND Indy has two picks both of which would be decent in this years draft which we can keep or move up to get a Rose or Gordon type player....holla.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney2584 View Post
    How about this... Indiana trades Jermaine O'neal, Jamaal Tinsley, and Shawne williams (or Diougu whomever you loathe more) for T-mac, Mike James and their unprotected 2008 first rounder. Pacers get rid of jermaine and tinsley, shawne is gone which clears up some more room at the 3 instead of adding t-mac to an allready abundant position AND Indy has two picks both of which would be decent in this years draft which we can keep or move up to get a Rose or Gordon type player....holla.
    How about no? Atleast I would be against it. Ike, Danny or Shawne should be kept unless it nets us something we absolutely and crucially need and that "something" would have to be relatively young at the sametime IMO.

I have no problem with trading JO for T-Mac, except that I don't really see it helping us much if at all. It does give Ike, Shawne and David more minutes at the frontcourt positions it also makes life easier for Danny and Shawne with T-Mac most likely getting the best perimeter defender on him and a lot of time likely double teams, but I just don't really see how this makes us really better.

The Dun Dun and Diener for T-Mac trade. I aggree with Keggie there. It's way to one-sided in our favour. Besides I don't really view Mike as a "shooter" to be honest. T-Mac even with his injury issues of the past view years has more value then Dun Dun and Diener IMO. We would on top of that as noted have to add another medium contract to make it work.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    We don't need another injury prone player.
    No, but for an oft-injured JO himself, why not? Someone else already pointed out that JO has missed more time than TMac over the past 3-4-5 years.

The bigger selling point is what I mentioned earlier and Gnome just said also - it would be a HUGE PR boost. It would almost certainly put booties backs in the seats in Conseco pretty quickly.

The other point I would like to make, that I touched on in the DG Bandwagon thread, it would let Danny be more of a leader. Plus, I think we play better without JO anyway. JMO.

This trade absolutely makes too much sense. The only negative I could think of is whether Mike James can run this offense like Tins can. The other question is would Houston do this and put JO up next to Yao on their front line. Not sure how that would work.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    No trade clause or not, a player of T-Mac's status has a say in where he goes. If he lets it be known he won't be happy with a trade to Indy then my guess is, he wouldn't be traded to Indy.
    I don't think he would though. Like Mal said, I think he would welcome being THE man in Indy. It would get him out of the Yao's shadow - literally and figuratively.

I'm sure, if anywhere, T-Mac would want to go a serious playoff contender rather than a likely first round elimination (which he seems to have that effect on whatever team he's on, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby33 View Post
    No, but for an oft-injured JO himself, why not? Someone else already pointed out that JO has missed more time than TMac over the past 3-4-5 years.

The bigger selling point is what I mentioned earlier and Gnome just said also - it would be a HUGE PR boost. It would almost certainly put booties backs in the seats in Conseco pretty quickly.

The other point I would like to make, that I touched on in the DG Bandwagon thread, it would let Danny be more of a leader. Plus, I think we play better without JO anyway. JMO.

This trade absolutely makes too much sense. The only negative I could think of is whether Mike James can run this offense like Tins can. The other question is would Houston do this and put JO up next to Yao on their front line. Not sure how that would work.
    I don't to trade for another injury prone player though. Especially one that doesn't make us better.

I don't know how much of a PR boost it would be really. I mean McGrady can draw bigger crowds than Jermaine but enough to make a difference? I don't think so at least. I think that winning is a much better PR boost and this trade doesn't give us that.